Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #1021
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello to all the lovely ladies of RCing!

Piglet's Mommy, Sheila, Janet: I'm hoping the Gods of Cheap Airfare smile upon you soon! They can be quite stingy. I keep checking SW when they announce their sales on Tuesday to see if the flights we booked have dropped; they just seem to be going up. I managed to nab $135 on the departure and $111 on the return. That's about as good as it's going to get for us, I think.

Piglet's Mommy: Oh my, MORE than double to stay on-site?

to all.
Thanks for the good vibes on air! I hope it is released soon...I never really relax until air is booked.

Yeah...we are paying $539 at Anabella, Disneyland Hotel was $1295 for the same 3 nights. Paradise Pier was just around 1100. I forget what GCH was, as I know it was more, and the one I really wanted was Disneyland Hotel, but I just can't see it at that much more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hello my lovelies!!

I am kinda super excited about a tweak we made for November. We are now cruising FIRST...November 14 three night Bahamas, and then we can take advantage of the full week of bounceback that is offered Nov 17 - 23!!

Yay! Now I will join the rest of you airfare stalkers for the next release of Airtran and Southwest! Jetblue has a good fare going down on the 14 in the early morning but returning is the pits for time and price. So.....we shall wait!

Oh, and I also helped a friend of mine get a fantastic rate for their August trip to stay at the Yacht Club...through an unnamed travel agency! They are seriously getting an amazing rate. They were originally staying at AOA but when I told her to google Stormalong Bay, she couldn't believe how great it looked. I like helping people...

Anyhoo hi to everyone, and have a great day! Let's keep on top of this airfare thing!!
Awesome news on your cruise! You will love it!
Congrats on the great YC deal for your friend!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So how do you guys figure out ADRs? I keep moving things around and then just as I think I have them set, I then decide it'd be better to go to this park on this day. Aarrgghh! How much do you pay attention to things like crowds, etc.?
ADR's stress me out! I look at EMH days and pick the park with the morning EMH for the day. I look at crowd calendars, but don't focus on them too much, as that usually goes against the morning EMH, but we are early birds, so it works for us. We aren't doing a dining plan in Nov, since it is F&W and I am looking forward to not being tied to ADR's as much. We will make some, but won't have to worry about losing credits if we want to cancel something.
Quote:
Ok, so here's my list...Let me know what you think...this should give us a couple of QS/CS lunches and a couple of OOP breakfasts in the room (food we bring or use snack credits)

8/2
Chef Mickey's - dinner

8/3
Yak and Yeti - lunch
Via Napoli - dinner

8/4
Hollywood and Vine - breakfast (brunch)
O'Hana - dinner

8/5
Le Cellier - lunch
50's Primetime - dinner

8/6 (our anniversary)
Crystal Palace - breakfast
Cinderella's Royal Table - dinner

8/7
The Wave - breakfast
Rose and Crown - lunch
Narcoossee's - dinner

8/8
O'Hana - breakfast

Hopefully my TA is successful. :-) oh, tried the dining link to the old site, and it worked SO much better, but it wouldn't let me link my dining plan to my reservation. Weird.
Yum!!! Looks good to me! Esp. since you said you are on deluxe and like to park hop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Can I just say how much I adore my little princess? We're laying in bed cuddling, she's having her "bees" and looks at me and says " I go bye bye." So I asked where she's going and she says DISNEY! She's too much. This is a common exchange for us by the way. At least once a day. She's determined to get there.

Krystal 'Ohana breakfast is amazing!!!
She is so smart!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Hi friends!!! Here at my royal pacific room...staring out the window not wanting to pack....

I made a change to yc for August. It's cheaper than gf..and it is through the ta that cannot be named..lol...dh and I decided cl is NOT worth it. Yes unbelievable but I've acknowledged it. Jmho based on how hard we work...100 nt for even just one room is insane. I will do a quick report tomorrow..no pics...sorry. but I will say that universal is tied with wdw right now as best vacation ever!!!!!! And I am glad we skipped flower & garden.but I'm sad we missed lulusmom. Hugs!!
Glad you are having a great time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRiley1985 View Post
I already switched back to CSR from Pop. i figured if I was already prepping myself for hating Pop, I should just spend the extra $40 and switch back to CSR. So now I can say I have stayed at all the Mods after our trip1
For $40, I think I would make that change too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
yes, yes!! :

And happy you like my concert news... Taylor does put on a great show and having Ed Sheeran was a huge plus. When Taylor and Ed were playing on the back stage, Sam was in heaven being so close to "Ed", her future husband (so she tells me...) We were never that way were we?? :
Nope, I NEVER had a "furure husband"
Old 04-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #1022
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I hope everyone is doing well. Things are their normal crazy around here, which includes JM getting suspended from school for a few days. If only those 157 days until we check into the BC could just fly by.

Luckily it's Friday, .and I have a 12 pack of Strawberry-ritas cooling in the fridge waiting for the DH to get home.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #1023
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I hope everyone is doing well. Things are their normal crazy around here, which includes JM getting suspended from school for a few days. If only those 157 days until we check into the BC could just fly by.

Luckily it's Friday, .and I have a 12 pack of Strawberry-ritas cooling in the fridge waiting for the DH to get home.
Aw that stinks Wookie. Sorry.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #1024
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Jeanette: Glad you were able to also take advantage of that rate at YC!! And I am happy you and hubster had a nice couple of days. Hope you are refreshed and re-energized.

PigletsMommy: Have you all done a DCL before? If so....share!!

Linda: Did you get the info on the TA that you needed? I can also PM if you want.

Dani: That is so cute about Lily, my youngest pouts quite frequently too and just says "I want to go back to Didney".

Minnie&Nana: Did you decide on dates and resort for your May trip??

SRiley: Sounds like you fit right in here!

Well, I will pop in later, I am on my own tonight. DH's band is playing a fundraiser concert tonight for a friend of a friend who is battling cancer for a second time. He is only 40ish, with a wife and two small boys. They were trying to save for a trip to Disney (this brought tears to my eyes.) when the cancer returned and the drug treatments are just eating away at their entire finances. Hope tonight will raise some much needed funds for them. I will try and post a link about them...

Hope this works:
http://www.insidehalton.com/community/milton
Old 04-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #1025
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sorry. :-( that's not good, but yes! It is Friday!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #1026
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Aw that stinks Wookie. Sorry.
Quote:
Sorry. :-( that's not good, but yes! It is Friday!
Thanks. I just hate it because he has been doing so well lately.

On an awesome note....
When Joey got home from school, he came right to my room. He has been a real rear to get up for school this week and has been giving me attitude. As he was leaving school, he bought me a chocolate chip cookie and a chocolate milk to say he was sorry. He got his dad a chocolate chip cookie to apologize for giving him attitude the other day. I am so proud of him that he knew he needed to apologize and wanted to do something to make it up.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #1027
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks. I just hate it because he has been doing so well lately.

On an awesome note....
When Joey got home from school, he came right to my room. He has been a real rear to get up for school this week and has been giving me attitude. As he was leaving school, he bought me a chocolate chip cookie and a chocolate milk to say he was sorry. He got his dad a chocolate chip cookie to apologize for giving him attitude the other day. I am so proud of him that he knew he needed to apologize and wanted to do something to make it up.
That IS awesome!! :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #1028
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can I just say how much I adore my little princess? We're laying in bed cuddling, she's having her "bees" and looks at me and says " I go bye bye." So I asked where she's going and she says DISNEY! She's too much. This is a common exchange for us by the way. At least once a day. She's determined to get there.
Lily is SO flipping adorable (to use a Miss-ism ) but it's all true. She is quite the princess and knows what she wants!!

Quote:

Wookie, so sorry... at least it's friday and the drinks are chillin'... I assuming this has something to do with the recent problems he's been having at school?

And just read your follow up post... Joey is quite the young man, to come to you that way to tell you straight off... and bearing chocolate too...

Quote:
Well, I will pop in later, I am on my own tonight. DH's band is playing a fundraiser concert tonight for a friend of a friend who is battling cancer for a second time. He is only 40ish, with a wife and two small boys. They were trying to save for a trip to Disney (this brought tears to my eyes.) when the cancer returned and the drug treatments are just eating away at their entire finances. Hope tonight will raise some much needed funds for them. I will try and post a link about them...

Hope this works:
http://www.insidehalton.com/community/milton
Jen, thanks for sharing the story link...so sad for that young family. How thoughtful that your DH and his band members (and others in the community) are joining in to help him. Hope it raises a bunch!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #1029
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Wanted to say "hello" to my favourite buncha gals.

I'll do a proper reply soon. Just wanted y'all to know I'm thinkin' of ya.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #1030
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Wanted to say "hello" to my favourite buncha gals.

I'll do a proper reply soon. Just wanted y'all to know I'm thinkin' of ya.
Ditto

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 04-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #1031
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

I just got a 40% pin for Universal...
Old 04-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #1032
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
I just got a 40% pin for Universal...
I got it too but it is only good until 10/3 I wish it went till Nov. I could add on a few days At PBR maybe.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #1033
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I got it too but it is only good until 10/3 I wish it went till Nov. I could add on a few days At PBR maybe.
I'm thinking of doing 3 nights Disney 2 nights Universal. I'm not sure though. I think if it were a longer trip I'd be more open to doing it.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #1034
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Good morning all fellow RCers!!

DD was miserable yesterday with diarreah, and although she seems better in that department, she's awfully crabby and whiny. It's going to be a long weekend...

No RC news although my TA did get ADRs set up. Most of them are what I wanted. O'Hana dinner is just a bit later than I wanted...8:00 at night...may have to tweak a few things if we decide to let DS do a pirate adventure cruise thing or if we do the Pirate and Pals Wishes cruise then...

Have a good day! DD is being her RH self right now and wants me...I'll be back later! :-)
Old 04-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #1035
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Good morning all fellow RCers!!

DD was miserable yesterday with diarreah, and although she seems better in that department, she's awfully crabby and whiny. It's going to be a long weekend...

No RC news although my TA did get ADRs set up. Most of them are what I wanted. O'Hana dinner is just a bit later than I wanted...8:00 at night...may have to tweak a few things if we decide to let DS do a pirate adventure cruise thing or if we do the Pirate and Pals Wishes cruise then...

Have a good day! DD is being her RH self right now and wants me...I'll be back later! :-)
Krystal Hopefully you will be able to get an earlier ADR at 'Ohana before your trip. Glad DD is seems better today.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: