Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #721
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy
 
figmentswife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The land of Imagination
Posts: 1,869

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I just received an updated Crowd tracker from TP and it looks as if all estimated crowd levels have dropped for Early Nov 1-12 I am guessing bookings must be down compared to last year? No wonder with the high price of air fares
Awesome, I will go check it out today, but I trust josh a little more.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #722
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife View Post
Awesome, I will go check it out today, but I trust josh a little more.
I plan using both then end up doing it "my way" We are only planning on doing Epcot & MK this trip so I think we can plan around the crowds
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #723
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

Hi! Popping back in to add our little date change...we are now

Nov 17 - 23 (maybe 24) POR!

Yay!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #724
MagicalMeg
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 61

Hi all!! DH, DS18 months(in nov), and I are staying at BLT Nov 16-24, four night in a theme park view room and four nights in a lake view room.

We possibly might switch to Nov 22-Dec 1 at stay at AKV in a savanna view.

Either way I cannot wait! Excited to follow everyone's trips.
MagicalMeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #725
Harlemgirl720
DIS Veteran
 
Harlemgirl720's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harlem USA
Posts: 1,672

Nov 7-11 at AKV- (for now)
__________________
HARLEMGIRL720 - DVC Member



Harlemgirl720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #726
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran
 
FigmentChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by northeast33 View Post
sorry if this has been covered ,
a little nervous first time visitor in November...
what do the masses feel ...I booked the week of november 16th to the 24th for my vacation.
Some people have told me that week will be extremely crowded..??
Can someone who might of gone the week before Thanksgiving week offer me some assurance?

Staying at the Boardwalk ..cant wait..!!!!


Anyone flying out of Philly/Newark by chance.. airfare is insane..
The prices on airfare out of Philly, AC and even BWI have led my family to the AutoTrain. I paid $1,050 for what would have been over $1500 for flights. And then add another $300 for a rental car. So.....no, not happy with the prices, but I am excited that we will have a new adventure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I just received an updated Crowd tracker from TP and it looks as if all estimated crowd levels have dropped for Early Nov 1-12 I am guessing bookings must be down compared to last year? No wonder with the high price of air fares
I got the updates, too. So happy!!!! I was just going over it with my hubby.
__________________


Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #727
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran
 
FigmentChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi! Popping back in to add our little date change...we are now

Nov 17 - 23 (maybe 24) POR!

Yay!
I've changed the dates for you. I love POR. The food court is awesome and the resort itself is so relaxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalMeg View Post
Hi all!! DH, DS18 months(in nov), and I are staying at BLT Nov 16-24, four night in a theme park view room and four nights in a lake view room.

We possibly might switch to Nov 22-Dec 1 at stay at AKV in a savanna view.

Either way I cannot wait! Excited to follow everyone's trips.
My youngest was 18 months on his "first" trip. I put that in quotations because, technically, he visited while in utero, but it's not like he could enjoy himself or meet characters. LOL

Just let me know if you switch resorts (and/or dates) and I'll adjust it on the first post. I've wanted to stay at BLT since it was being built, but it's just slightly out of my price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlemgirl720 View Post
Nov 7-11 at AKV- (for now)
Gotcha on the first post. AKV is another villa I'd like to try one day (I upgraded to OKW for this trip). *sigh*....maybe one day.
__________________


Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #728
kayemgi
DIS Veteran
 
kayemgi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 533

Yay! We just booked last night for 11/1-11/6 in ASMo. This probably looks like a short trip to most of you DISers, but this is the longest we've ever been able to go! Four full days and two half days (arrival and departure days). I can't wait!!!
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #729
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post
Yay! We just booked last night for 11/1-11/6 in ASMo. This probably looks like a short trip to most of you DISers, but this is the longest we've ever been able to go! Four full days and two half days (arrival and departure days). I can't wait!!!
Our past two trips have been 5nights/6days just like yours and we are doing the same in Nov. We find it works great for us plus we don't have to board the dog as long. We use to go for 7-10 days but going for a shorter time also allows us to stay at a deluxe.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #730
kayemgi
DIS Veteran
 
kayemgi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 533

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Our past two trips have been 5nights/6days just like yours and we are doing the same in Nov. We find it works great for us plus we don't have to board the dog as long. We use to go for 7-10 days but going for a shorter time also allows us to stay at a deluxe.
We are lucky, my in-laws watch our dog for us! Our whole vacation will actually be 9 days, my grandparents live in Ormond Beach, so we will be headed there for 3 days after Disney. I wish we could stay at Disney longer, but if we are in Florida, seeing my grandparents is a priority (and we love spending time with them, so it's a good priority).
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #731
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran
 
FigmentChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post
Yay! We just booked last night for 11/1-11/6 in ASMo. This probably looks like a short trip to most of you DISers, but this is the longest we've ever been able to go! Four full days and two half days (arrival and departure days). I can't wait!!!
Whoo-hoo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post
We are lucky, my in-laws watch our dog for us! Our whole vacation will actually be 9 days, my grandparents live in Ormond Beach, so we will be headed there for 3 days after Disney. I wish we could stay at Disney longer, but if we are in Florida, seeing my grandparents is a priority (and we love spending time with them, so it's a good priority).
My BIL is watching our black lab for us, but we're still at a loss for the cats. I need someone to come over and at least pet them once per day (otherwise, they'll be needy and might go feral. lol), but we haven't been able to find anyone.
__________________


Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #732
Three cats
DIS Veteran
 
Three cats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 986

Well, I ended up booking our plane tickets! Instead of using the airport that is 45 minutes away I booked out of another airport that is an hour and 45 minutes away. Less convenient for sure but the price was much better at the other airport. Anyway, just so glad that is over and done with! Now I have to keep myself from stalking the Jet Blue site to see if the prices have gone down.....especially at the airport close to where we live, lol!........Next up, waiting for the November hours so I can finalize the ADR's! I already have all of the restaurants picked out, just not sure which parks we will be in which days yet.

Speaking of ADR's.....where is everyone planning on eating?? I love to see other peoples plans!


Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
__________________
12/12 Saratoga Springs
11/13 Port Orleans Riverside
11/14 Yacht Club
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #733
Three cats
DIS Veteran
 
Three cats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 986

Double post.....sorry.
__________________
12/12 Saratoga Springs
11/13 Port Orleans Riverside
11/14 Yacht Club

Last edited by Three cats; 04-05-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #734
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
Well, I ended up booking our plane tickets! Instead of using the airport that is 45 minutes away I booked out of another airport that is an hour and 45 minutes away. Less convenient for sure but the price was much better at the other airport. Anyway, just so glad that is over and done with! Now I have to keep myself from stalking the Jet Blue site to see if the prices have gone down.....especially at the airport close to where we live, lol!........Next up, waiting for the November hours so I can finalize the ADR's! I already have all of the restaurants picked out, just not sure which parks we will be in which days yet.

Speaking of ADR's.....where is everyone planning on eating?? I love to see other peoples plans!


Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Congrates on booking your flights. I did not even check our other airport options this time since we really like flying out of HPN and not having to deal with NYC or Hartford traffic.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #735
Three cats
DIS Veteran
 
Three cats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 986

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Congrates on booking your flights. I did not even check our other airport options this time since we really like flying out of HPN and not having to deal with NYC or Hartford traffic.
White Plains is a great place to fly out of. I also checked their prices but they were the same as BDL. I am hoping that since we will be on the road to the airport so early that we won't run into any traffic.
__________________
12/12 Saratoga Springs
11/13 Port Orleans Riverside
11/14 Yacht Club
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: