Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #16
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosanne91 View Post
I was thinking about renting points. I have a question maybe someone can answer. If it says the room sleeps 4. Does that include a two year old??? Should I count him as one as the 4. I usually don't count him when I book a regular room
One person under the age of three doesn't count towards room occupancy. There is a pack and play in the villa for that child.

BLT studios are the smallest of all the DVC villas (in case you were thinking about that one). DVC members usually book 11 months in advance at their home resort and seven months out at a non-home resort. December is an extremely busy time for DVC.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #17
khaoskat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosanne91 View Post
I was thinking about renting points. I have a question maybe someone can answer. If it says the room sleeps 4. Does that include a two year old??? Should I count him as one as the 4. I usually don't count him when I book a regular room
From my reading/understanding, under 3 does not Count towards room occupancy. But with that said, you may just want to spend a bit more and get the one bedroom....
khaoskat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #18
EMILAYLAY93
Earning My Ears

We rented points from a DVC owner once. Turned out to be okay, but I was on pins and needles the entire time before our trip thinking he could possibly cancel the trip without our knowledge.

For that reason, I would always advise to rent from a reputable place or someone you know. It makes for a better overall experience.
EMILAYLAY93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #19
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

The cost from moving up to a 1 bedroom from a studio is $double$. You do get more room but still will only have 1 real bed(not counting OKW).

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(4), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #20
Badger Brent
DIS Veteran

We just booked with David's website and got what we wanted within a day! We are just amazed at how much we saved from the rack rate! I know this will probably be the way we go to the world from now on. I kind of think of this as our "little secret" about getting more for our resort, but paying less.
Offsite Nov 2002,Offsite Aug 2003 Beach Club Dec. 2003,Wilderness Lodge May 2004, Poly Aug. 2004 Offsite Nov. 2004, Beach Club Dec. 2005, Offsite May 2007, Pop Dec. 2007,POR Dec. 2008,CBR Sept. 2010, All Star Sports Mar.2011, Off-site Mar.2012
Por Favor Mantenga se alejado de las puertas Love to hear that!!
Badger Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #21
Julie711
DIS Veteran

Our last 2 trips & this upcoming one we are renting points! It's the only way we will go now seeing how nice it is to stay at a deluxe villa for about same as a moderate hotel room. This past November trip & this upcoming September trip we rented from the same person and it's so smooth and easy!

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #22
jstouder
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBliss7 View Post
I feel better after hearing all your responses And even more excited to stay at AKV, I hear more and more how beautiful and fun it is there We used the DVC Rental Store, I spoke on the phone with the travel agent helping us and even saw her on LinkedIn.
We have used DVC Rental store twice. They are great to work with.
2012 - Pop Century & Animal Kingdom Lodge
2011 - Wilderness Lodge
2010 - Wilderness Lodge
2009 - Wilderness Lodge
2007 - Wilderness Lodge
2006 - All Star Music
jstouder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #23
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina View Post
The cost from moving up to a 1 bedroom from a studio is $double$. You do get more room but still will only have 1 real bed(not counting OKW).
No, the OKW one bedroom will still only have one real bed - the king bed in the master bedroom. The living room has the queen sized sleeper sofa and twin sized sleeper chair. But the OKW studio will have two queen sized beds, no sleeper sofa like all the other studios.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:06 AM   #24
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBliss7 View Post
We rented points from a DVC member through a company. My DH was always very skeptical using them but I have a few friends that have gone through this company with no problems I even looked them up on BBB and there wasn't a single negative comment. We had our agreement emailed to us and we paid for the resort. Is that it really is simple of a process? I have to print out the email and bring it with us at check in...it just seems so simple, I thought there would be to it?!? In the back of my head I have that fear of showing up and them saying ''no such reservation'' Can I call the resort when our trip gets a little closer and check that way? I'm sure everything will be fine but DH has got me a little nervous. If you have rented points before is it this easy? I don't know if I'm allowed to post the name of the place I used to rent points from? It's not the one advertised on these boards.
You will not be able to call the resort, only members can call and check on DVC reservations through Member Services. Calling any resort # will only get you a Disney call center.

If you have your Conf #, which you should, you can do online check in.

Also you can check the conf. # at www.mydisneyreservation.com/dvc
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #25
Disneyhenry
DIS Veteran

I have rented, from an a private person and it all went very well, I would do it again!

DH DSME

Disneyland 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008,2007, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1994
WDW Split stay AKV-Kinadi and POP 2011
DCL - DREAM 2011, Wonder to Hawaii 2012
Dec 2013 Family Reunion at WL!
Disneyhenry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: