Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
micheleq
DIS Veteran

Just off the Wonder

Hi everyone,

We just got off the Wonder yesterday and wanted to share a few thoughts.

We were on the 5 night Western cruise that stopped in Cozumel and CC.

In Cozumel we did the Salsa & Salsa excursion -- great for adults but my girls got pretty bored. They are ages 5 & 7.

We did the Extreme package at CC which included the Stingray interaction. It was worth it to experience the sting rays in a calm environment! My girls had a great time with the sting rays. That also included bike, floats, and snorkel gear. We didn't snorkel but used the bikes and floats.

We had wonderful servers, Vishal & Gerda, and a great stateroom host, Garry. Salvatore in Palo was also excellent and Chef Nicholas came out to talk to us about my DH's gluten intolerance. He prepared a few dishes especially for my DH.

My only negative comments would be first about the spa & pools.

The spa attendants were either understaffed or very poorly trained. The locker room and rainforest room were not well attended to (lack of robes and slippers on several days, significant wear and tear in the rainforest room).

My almost 8 year old daughter described the Family Pool as "terrifying". Ok, she can be a drama queen, but it was nuts this past week. Yes, we know the pools get crowded, but the Family pool had so many adults and teens in it that it would have been very easy for one of them to accidentally push a smaller child underwater and not realize it. I am a former lifeguard, so DH & I always are in the pool with the kids or sit on the side of the pool.

Overall, it was a great cruise! We had a Wonder-ful time and would consider cruising on the Wonder again, but probably only after her major dry dock in 2014.

CB 1/01 SSR 12/08 YC-CL 10/11 SSR 11/14
Magic Western Caribbean 2/12
Wonder Easter 3/13 Western Caribbean
Fantasy Easter 4/14 Eastern Caribbean
DL PPH-CL 8/13
micheleq is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: