Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #1471
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Yes, I had an ipad but it died on me 10 minutes into the meeting. We had been on vacation and I didn't get it out at work so I had no clue it was about dead. Made for a long night.
Ugh - how frustrating. Having nothing to do while waiting is so annoying. I know I can't wait more than a couple minutes for anything without getting out my phone to play a game.

Quote:
Trying to catch up now before Duck Dynasty. I am addicted to that show!
I have never seen that one, but I have watched my fair share of Gold Rush and Biggest Catch. I need to check it out.

Quote:
We are well. Been crazy busy the last few months but hopefully things are calming down.
I hope so. Well, you mentioned you were just back from vacation so that must have been fun.

Quote:
So glad you get back to the world in summer and fall. I am having withdrawal. No WDW this year. But on the bright side, we are heading to DL in November for Thanksgiving!
I am rather fortunate that I have several trips planned over the next 7 months. The June trip was unplanned, but it was hard to turn down the invite for free lodging especially since we bought the AP vouchers in October.

DL for Thanksgiving sound wonderful!

Quote:
Yes, he crossed over in December. The only problem is I guess Tom and I technically did as well! Tom is the scoutmaster and I am the troop committee chair. That is the only volunteer thing we haven't give up.
One of my friends is a scout leader and when he describes to me the amount of work he does I am impressed. It's a huge commitment. I'm sure you both do a fantastic job!

Quote:
I actually enjoy it but want to get to the point where I don't have to go to the actual boy meetings. We are a small troop (7 scouts) so I have to be there to make sure he has a parent to stay (2 deep leadership). Miss my zumba class! Looking forward to the week they go to summer camp. It has been ages since I have had 7 straight days to myself.
I remember when my kids were that age and at the time an entire week to myself would have been bliss. Now next year I will have the entire school year to myself. *sniff sniff*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
You are doing a great job with the links!

Thanks! I plan to do one more update tonight or tomorrow before I leave, then I have no idea how long it will take me to update. So please feel free to post away. I will try to update the links while I am away.

Quote:
No, NONE of us should go blond. It was pretty hysterical actually how bad it was on all of us.

Yeah - it WAS that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I completely agree with Cynthia - that breakfast sandwich at AK could have used a quick zap in the oven to melt the cheee! But what a lovely little dining area. very nice.
Yup - melted cheese would have been an improvement! That little area is now going to be a "go-to" spot for me. I loved it back there.

Quote:
Mk: Yay for Jambo House!! Now that I've been there I know how lovely it is.
I stayed in Kidani about 4 years ago, right after it opened, and I absolutely loved the villas there. Plus I fell in love with the theme of both resorts. It really screams vacation to me. I have been wanting to go back for awhile, so I think this will be perfect!

Quote:
I've never seen devine... just never been wherever she hangs. I always wondered what happens if she needs to sneeze??
I guess if she ever does and you're in the line of fire - WATCH OUT because you are likely to get hit with some tree debris!

Quote:
How completely awesome that you will be doing a land/sea vacation later this year.
I am really looking forward to this. This probably is weird, but I just never wanted to take a cruise before when my kids were at home. I have the worst fear of there being an emergency and no one being able to reach me. I know the exact same thing can happen once they are in college, but once they do hit college you have no choice but to let go. Yet since Nick is still under my roof I am still very over protective.

Quote:
Have a great time at HHI!!
Thanks! I am really looking forward to this trip. The weather forecast says 75 and sunny. I can definitely deal with that.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #1472
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

And this morning I read all about your Friday at the MK and Poly pool. So fun!

I love how the TR got its name, and Tina's reaction on seeing the two of you! Too funny! I don't even try to explain the DIS anymore -- I just refer to my fellow DISboarders as "my friend, so-and-so" -- makes it so much easier, and it's true.

I also love how you kept running into Sheree and her family all day, and that you were able to spend some more time with Tracy. A pretty perfect day all around!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #1473
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

And now I am officially all caught up!!!

Yeay for Bo pictures! I remember them from back in October -- so fun!

What a gorgeous view from your BWV room! You just can't beat that!

The drunk crowds during F&W are something else, aren't they? Charles and I noticed the same thing in '09, but it was fun to people watch, wasn't it?

I have a fascination with the real Everest these days, too -- I don't know how people do it and survive to tell the tale.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #1474
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

I love how the TR got its name, and Tina's reaction on seeing the two of you! Too funny! I don't even try to explain the DIS anymore -- I just refer to my fellow DISboarders as "my friend, so-and-so" -- makes it so much easier, and it's true.

I also love how you kept running into Sheree and her family all day, and that you were able to spend some more time with Tracy. A pretty perfect day all around!
Have to agree about the Dis !! At first my family thought I was totally NUTS, now they have just accepted it and have also met some of my Dis friends so they just accept the Dis as part of my life , and a very important part I might add !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #1475
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're catching up fast!

Quote:
Running into Tina like that was priceless. I'm so glad she recognized us. It was awesome.

And you're right - it is just better to say "my friend" as opposed to "my DIS friend".

Quote:
It was really funny how we kept running into each other throughout the trip - Great minds!

I am also very grateful for the time we got to spend with Tracy. I wish we had seen her more, but I am thankful we the time we did have.

Quote:
Wow - you must be a speed reader - its from all that schooling - its made you very efficient!

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your man with us. A Special thanks to Chelsea, too!

Quote:
It really was so perfect. I could stay in that room during every single resort stay. I never thought I would find the perfect room - but that was it. So awesome!

Quote:
The drunk crowds during F&W are something else, aren't they? Charles and I noticed the same thing in '09, but it was fun to people watch, wasn't it?
I loved people watching. It was really so fun! I probably would have had more fun with it that evening if stomach hadn't been acting up, but it was laughable all the same. Next year I really want to get in the thick of that Saturday night crowd.

Quote:
I have a fascination with the real Everest these days, too -- I don't know how people do it and survive to tell the tale.
I know - it's really amazing. I think anyone who can ascend Mount Everest is as near to super human as they come. There are so, so, SO many things that can go wrong. I will watch any documentary that I can about that amazing feat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Have to agree about the Dis !! At first my family thought I was totally NUTS, now they have just accepted it and have also met some of my Dis friends so they just accept the Dis as part of my life , and a very important part I might add !!
That's where Denny is with it now - well almost. He went through a phase when he thought it was really strange, but now he is in the acceptance mode.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #1476
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:

It was a pretty prefect day. In a series of pretty perfect days. I don't try to explain the DIS either although I have to admit I get such a kick when you meet a random person who actually gets it without going into it. I had one of those experiences today.

Quote:

They were happy drunks at least

I really need to get Jeff there doing F&W on an adult only trip, I think he'd love it.

Quote:

I love that my family gets it, it's cool.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #1477
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I think the standard view rate is so awesome. And seriously, the view is not that bad. Heck, I was on the first floor and my view was certainly not unpleasant. The advantages of staying there definitely far outweigh a parking lot view. And its not even a parking lot view because the parking lot is like a mile away.

Another reason this is a fly trip. At BCV even the parking lot is sort of convenient.

I am looking forward to it. If for no other reason just to be away for a long weekend. Work alternates with nuts and insane..

Quote:
It does, but there used to be a way to walk all the way around the tree and get an up close view of all the animals in the tree. You can still walk around the tree, but its a much shorter route and not nearly as many tree characters can be seen.
Part was blocked off last trip but did find I can get from where the exit to ITTBB all the way to the bridge by Africa. I bet the netting and steps I got a picture of was where where close to where the branch fell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Maybe next time you can go as Ariel or Merida and we can see how you three would look as redheads...........
The Mom from the incredibles has red hair. Not as red as Merida or Ariel but red nonethe less.

Quote:
Good plan. I can see that. I bet we'd all look fabulous as red heads!
Better than blonde, thats for sure.

Quote:
No, NONE of us should go blond. It was pretty hysterical actually how bad it was on all of us.
It added to the fun.

Quote:
Red would be better for sure....but it's not a trio. Hmmmnnnn..
Mom from incredibles or Anastasia from the step sisters.

Quote:
I've never been able to find the path. One year we tried and...ended up in ITTBAB on accident, another we tried and...it was all roped off much like this trip and....now I've given up until I hear you can actually get at the path I've never been able to find again.
I have found a couple of paths now.
One entrance right before you get the the Africa bridge
One if you go in by the exit to ITTBB.
One Just after where the otters are/were between the ice cream cart and the bridge path.

Quote:
I totally agree.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your man with us. A Special thanks to Chelsea, too!
Bo has quite a fan club.

Quote:
I loved people watching. It was really so fun! I probably would have had more fun with it that evening if stomach hadn't been acting up, but it was laughable all the same. Next year I really want to get in the thick of that Saturday night crowd.

A New Years trip and a July trip both with drunks. I have seen quite a few funny situations at Food and Wine. You do have to be in the right mood, not want to get much done and just let it happen and enjoy.

As far as being surrounded by drunks Food and Wine and Disney in general is where I want to be. Mostly Happy drunks. Some clumsy drunks. Those you watch out for.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #1478
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Hey MEK
You may get to see a giant Wiener mobile while you vist the Charleston area.

wienermobile-visiting-charleston
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 04-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #1479
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Another reason this is a fly trip. At BCV even the parking lot is sort of convenient.
I think its very convenient which explains why I have eaten at Beaches & Cream so many times (allegedly)!

Quote:
I am looking forward to it. If for no other reason just to be away for a long weekend. Work alternates with nuts and insane..
Have a great time. I know how you feel. I can't wait to get to HHI for the same reason.

Quote:
Part was blocked off last trip but did find I can get from where the exit to ITTBB all the way to the bridge by Africa. I bet the netting and steps I got a picture of was where where close to where the branch fell.

I have a picture of that same netting yet I couldn't quite figure out where the missing part of the path was. It was all so odd!

Quote:
The Mom from the incredibles has red hair. Not as red as Merida or Ariel but red nonethe less.

Good point!

Quote:
Better than blonde, thats for sure.

Absolutely!

Quote:
It added to the fun.
I couldn't agree more!

Quote:
Mom from incredibles or Anastasia from the step sisters.
Who was the red headed trio that I saw doing the parade? I am going to have to go back and repost that picture.

Quote:
I have found a couple of paths now.
One entrance right before you get the the Africa bridge
One if you go in by the exit to ITTBB.
One Just after where the otters are/were between the ice cream cart and the bridge path.
You are quite the adventurer, aren't you?

Quote:
I totally agree.
My DIS friends are all special because I feel like they took a risk and went against conventional wisdom all for the greater love of the magic!

Quote:
Bo has quite a fan club.
Yeah - just about every female on the DIS boards.

Quote:
A New Years trip and a July trip both with drunks. I have seen quite a few funny situations at Food and Wine. You do have to be in the right mood, not want to get much done and just let it happen and enjoy.
Exactly - in other words you have to be just the right amount of "tipsy" to enjoy the whole scene. Totally sober would just annoy the heck out of me.

Quote:
As far as being surrounded by drunks Food and Wine and Disney in general is where I want to be. Mostly Happy drunks. Some clumsy drunks. Those you watch out for.
Yeah - like the happy drunk who offered me a sip of his beer last October and practically insisted I take it. (spoiler alert - he will be in my next update)

Quote:
Hey MEK
You may get to see a giant Wiener mobile while you vist the Charleston area.

wienermobile-visiting-charleston
That's awesome. Are you sure its not going to Myrtle Manner instead? (that's only funny if you've seen that show)

Too bad its going to be there the weekend before we arrive.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #1480
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Exactly - in other words you have to be just the right amount of "tipsy" to enjoy the whole scene. Totally sober would just annoy the heck out of me.

Exactly

Quote:
Yeah - like the happy drunk who offered me a sip of his beer last October and practically insisted I take it. (spoiler alert - he will be in my next update)
That's almost as good as being told to wait after the ride by a random Joel in the park. And then waiting and spending the afternoon with him walking around...
Can't wait to go back
Old 04-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #1481
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Exactly
You're laughing cause you know its the truth!

Quote:
That's almost as good as being told to wait after the ride by a random Joel in the park. And then waiting and spending the afternoon with him walking around...
Yeah, its pretty similar although I think spending the afternoon with random Joel is a lot more adventurous that taking a sip out of a strangers (untouched) beer.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #1482
MEK
DIS Veteran

Here - Take A Sip!

Hey Guys - After Your Read this Update please see Cynthia's latest update on p 100 - that's the next page!

A Tale of Two Kitties

This is actually a life update, then I will get on to the trip update. If you don't like cats, or animals in general, skip this update and scroll on down.

You see - I have three cats. Max, my favorite cat, Kismet, my annoyingly weird cat, and Jewel, my house crasher. All of these animals are around 12 - 13 years old and all were adopted. Max came first from the SPCA. I knew the second I saw him that I had to adopt him. He was 1 year old, beautiful, and so affectionate. It was love at first site.

Max

I adopted Kismet about three weeks later because I thought it would be better to have two cats. She was sort of an impulse adoption. I was near the SPCA and I thought they were getting ready to put her down, so I made a deal with them - spay her the next day and I would take her.

About 6 months later Jewel showed up in our back yard. A stray without a home. Being that it was near Christmas we took her in and we made an appointment to take her to the humane society. That humane society would not give us an immediate appointment, so by the time the date of the appointment rolled around (3 weeks later) we just decided to keep her.

About a month ago I took Kismet to the vet. This was at Nick's urging. Kismet had developed a skin rash with a lot of itching. She is allergic to fleas. Since I treated her all summer it was hard for me to believe that she still had fleas, but she was biting her fur out and leaving it around the house. Cat fur with scabs attached. Yuck. Worse than that, I don't think she was sleeping properly because she was always scratching.

Things came to a head when she started going out on the beams that extend from our second floor to above the living room. Five days in a row she went out there, passed out from exhaustion and fell off. Yup - she either fell onto the coffee table or another smaller table near the wall. She broke a couple pictures and small knick knacks. But the piece de resistance was when, right in front of me, she stood on my love seat and peed. Yup. She did. She was also drinking a lot of water at the time (probably because she was always dry from licking constantly.

Well, that was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back and I carted her off to the vet the next day.

And can you believe the vet found fleas on her - In March????? Clearly ones that had never been killed by the winter cold.

They gave her a shot of steroids, put a dose of Vectra (industrial strength flea repellent/killer) on her, and sent her home with Prozac. I plan to treat her with Vectra for an entire year.

Here it is one month later and I have a new cat on my hands. Her skin scabs are gone, she is sleeping normally, and best of all, she is peeing only in her litter box.

With all the Kismet drama I was a little delayed in noticing an even more serious problem with my baby Max. You see - Max is my favorite cat. I love him. He is awesome. He is like a dog in a cat's body. Well, he used to be.

Several months ago her stopped sleeping with me. He used to sleep beside me every night and then just stopped.

In addition, around the time my mom's cat was sick I noticed that he seemed pretty lethargic. After a few days he seemed to come out of it and, since he had a ravenous appetite, I didn't think about it again.

What I was noticing is that the water bowls always needed to be filled and that he was drinking more than usual. Ok. So I went into denial.

Then he did something very odd - he would walk into our powder room and jump up in the sink and pee.

I went deeper into denial.

I also noticed that his eyes looked sort of hazy and he seemed to be getting thinner.

Finally, on Tuesday, Nick said to me "Mom, you have to take Max to the vet. He is too skinny and I can feel all his bones".

So I did. On Wednesday. And if you are my FB friend then you may already know that Max has diabetes. His blood glucose was 621. He has since been started on insulin.

Denial is a powerful thing. Classic, classic, classic textbook signs of diabetes and I managed to deny every one of them. If anyone came to me (human or animal) with the same scenario I would have told them weeks ago to get blood work. But in my own baby I denied it.

Why?

I don't know. Possibly because Denny freaks out every time I spend any money on the cats. Possibly because I have been preoccupied with Kismet. Possibly because I have been super preoccupied with Nick's college quest. And, not to be mysterious, but there is another reason that I have been pre-occupied, but I am just not in a place where I want to talk about it. It's not anything earth shattering, just a life event that is taking some extra time to deal with.

So now we are going away this week and Max has diabetes. I was planning to board him, but Nick told me that he wants to take care of him. I don't know what to do.

Any way - I'm still excited about HHI and I wanted to get one more update in before I leave, so I bring you

Here - Take a Sip!

In our last updates we spent the morning in AK. We rode EE a few times and Cynthia orchestrated a successful shopping expedition. But we had another seminar to attend, so back to the Boardwalk we went to drop off some stuff in the room.

Now it was time to head to Epcot.

Near the IG we saw this scooter and asked if we could take a picture of it. Check it out - it's awesome

After taking a bunch of pictures earlier in the morning I guess I decided to give it a rest until we got here.

How fun is that? Instead of their usual percussion instruments they were using a whole cooking theme, complete with full sized appliances.

And they were dressed like chefs!

Gotta love it!

Just goes to show that you can make music with any old kitchen gadget!

Time to move on.

Once inside I think Cynthia had to pick up our seminar tickets and I took more pictures

Today's host already hitting the bottle.

And today's guest chef, Judith McLaughlin, from the Shamrock and Peach in Atlanta, Georgia

She got right to work

Ah - the Rosa Regale

The finished product - Cashel Blue and Dubliner Kerrygold Irish Cheese Souffle with Organic Mixed Greens and Warm Bacon Vinaigrette

So, so good!

After the seminar it was possible to buy Judith McLaughlin' s book and have her sign it. And that's exactly what Cynthia did.

In the meantime I started checking all the art work.

Continued In Next Post.........

Last edited by MEK; 04-06-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #1483
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued From Previous Post

These painted bottles were neat, but I think they were around $600 a piece. Sheesh!

By the time we left the festival center our host had moved on to this wine seminar. I think I would like to try a wine seminar next October. I'm a little leary about taking wine home when I fly, but next October I can send it home with my friends who are driving.

Time to say goodbye to the Festival Center

It was still gorgeous outside

Our first stop after the seminar was a drink stop. Well, at least for me. I wanted to try a berry beer. Ok, so that wasn't exactly the name of the beer, but it did have a berry flavor. As I was walking over to get in line I said out loud to Cynthia "I wonder if the berry&..beer is good". Just then a guy got out of line with that exact beer and said "It's really good. Here. Take a Sip". I declined but he was insistent so I took the first sip. Yum!

My beer. I decided I needed the plastic collector beer stein.

I found the" DIS" mug, so I decided I had to take a picture of it. If you have this mug chime out now! I know quite a few of us have it.

I love giraffes

Pausing for a different view

These were cool. Any guesses what they are made out of?

I won't leave you in suspense, they are made out of&&

I was tempted, not gonna lie. I thought the whole recycled park maps into beads was so cool but if you knew how much jewelry I already have you would understand why I passed.

Scenery

Cynthia and I paused along this area and shared a table with a nice couple. I think that's when I stopped to eat this

They made a couple of recommendations - grapefruit beer and the hand roll. That's one of the things I really enjoyed about F&W. It was fun meeting and talking to random people about their favorite F&W treats. Everyone we spoke with was very mellow and all the recommendations I received were spot on. F&W Veterans - gotta love them!

Someone took our picture

Continued In Next Post.......

Old 04-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #1484
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued From Previous Post.....

Another cool view of the lagoon

Next stop was a grapefruit beer. No picture. It was yellow. And oh so good! I loved it. In fact, I can't wait to go back next year to head straight for the grapefruit beer. It actually has a name. It starts with an S and sounds german. I'm too lazy to google it.

After my two beers the alcohol went straight to my head. I felt a little buzzed at this point. Yikes - I didm't expect that. My next stop was a hand roll and I did not take a picture of that either. But I found a great place to sit and eat it.

Cynthia joined me for a bit, but I stayed longer…. for a couple reasons - I thought this little spot was perfect, I really had no other place I wanted to be, I was buzzed, and I was intently watching this couple in the foreground.

I'm not sure how well you can see them - but they are to the right beyond the tree

Zoomed in

They both had black shirts on and white pants, they both were probably my age, and they both were thin. Thin as in not an ounce of fat on them and they both looked to be in good physical shape. Plus - they were literally posing for these pictures. LIke laying and sitting on the rocks. I don't know. It was odd. But despite that I couldn't stop watching.

Ok - she looked my age. He looks older.

Checking their photos. I noticed we had the same camera.

I loved my little alcove near Tamu Tamu, but I think I was equally fond of this great little area.

Clearly I was fascinated with the umbrellas

I sat there for what seemed like an eternity before I found the motivation to move on. Maybe I needed a bio break after all that beer. Who knows?

Wait Alice Come Back!

I don't recall whether I met up with Cynthia in the park or back at the resort. Not that it matters. Pool time was on the afternoon agenda!

I guess that was a PP photographer who took our picture earlier because look what I found

A few more pictures in the next post.......

Old 04-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #1485
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued From Previous Post

Personally, I think this is a great backdrop for a picture

Oh Yeah!

Couldn't even put that beer down for a picture.

Actually I think the photographer told me to do that

Up Next.... A New Pool and Dinner at the Studio!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: