Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #361
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamscometrue101 View Post
We will be at POR at the same time.... I'm doing a solo trip from Oct 20-26 staying POR with a river view room.
Yay POR!

We originally had a WV room requested, rebooked with GV through AAA to better our odds at a room in the Mansions, now just waiting to see about any better discounts - open to POR-RR or POFQ if for some reason POR GV not available. We've even tossed up doing a split stay with the first 3 nights at AKL. Decisions...

August/September 2015 ~ POLY
October 2013 ~ CSR/POR

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #362
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

Just booked my flights.

Ended up doing a "hacker" fare, flying to Disney on United, and back home on JetBlue.

I was upset JetBlue didn't have any 6AM flights on the day I'm heading down. Earliest flight they had, I'd arrive roughly at 11:30AM, figured, for 10 bucks more on United, to get there by 9AM was worth the investment.
peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 11:59 PM   #363
heatherbynum
Peace, Love, Disney & Hanson

Ahhh, I hate changing my park days around a million times lol. Maybe I will get them set before my 180 mark. then ill make my adrs and then change those a million times, too. LOL
Old 04-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #364
baylie666
Mouseketeer

I am so excited!

All our ADRs are booked and our tours are booked too!
Now just got to save the money, shop for holiday clothes and all is organised.
October 2016 - AoA Cars Suite for 3 weeks
~~~~~~~~~~~~

baylie666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #365
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherbynum View Post
Ahhh, I hate changing my park days around a million times lol. Maybe I will get them set before my 180 mark. then ill make my adrs and then change those a million times, too. LOL
I am so this way too!!! I thought I had it all set months in advance after looking at 2012 calendar, but as soon as the 2013 schedule was posted... yup, changed. I think at least the parks are set finally... I think.

I also find that the ADR ideas I am thinking of tend to change with what I am hungry for on some days... Poor DH, he's just going with the flow. I mentioned a restaurant I want to try for an offsite meal and he just looked so baffled - "What, dining outside of Disney too?"

August/September 2015 ~ POLY
October 2013 ~ CSR/POR

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #366
kyslota
Earning My Ears

Hubby and I just put down our deposit for Oct 15-23! I'm so excited as I've never been there before.

Staying at POP (LM room at AoA wasn't available for our dates).

I've bought guidebooks, lurk all over these boards, and made my itinerary and picked which restaurants I want to make ADRs at. This is so much fun!!!
kyslota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:35 AM   #367
AJECAR
Earning My Ears

Smile ADRs....DONE!!!

The stress and excitement that goes into booking ADRs, am I right???!!!!

We are arriving Oct 2, so there I was at 6 a.m. booking all my ADRs! Luckily I got everything we wanted for the whole stay including dinner at Be Our Guest!!!!

Now I can relax and just wait for October to roll around....unless I get the grand idea to make some changes...

The website was terrible though. Good luck to those of you making ADRs in the near future!

AJECAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #368
SEASONK
Mouseketeer

School calendars have been released, and we are officially booked at the ASMo for October 5-10!!! I can book my ADRs on Monday. I am really hoping for some kind of discount too.

This is my ADR line up:
October 5th ~ Chef Mickey's dinner
October 6th ~ Coral Reef dinner
October 7th ~ Hollywood & Vine breakfast
October 8th ~ Tusker House Breakfast
October 9th ~ 'Ohana dinner

I am not super excited about these, but we will have 2 preschool age kids who have never been so I know they will love most of these choices. I like to try new restaurants every year, and Hollywood & Vine will be my only new one.
WL ~ Dec 2010
CBR ~ Oct 2012
SEASONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #369
Wadecool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJECAR View Post
The stress and excitement that goes into booking ADRs, am I right???!!!!

We are arriving Oct 2, so there I was at 6 a.m. booking all my ADRs! Luckily I got everything we wanted for the whole stay including dinner at Be Our Guest!!!!

Now I can relax and just wait for October to roll around....unless I get the grand idea to make some changes...

The website was terrible though. Good luck to those of you making ADRs in the near future!
We arrive October 5th so I'll be making our ADR's at 6am this Monday the 8th. I had a plan of which parks we will be in based on the TP crowd calendar but now it has changed. Now I have to decide whether to change it up or go with my initial plan.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #370
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadecool View Post
We arrive October 5th so I'll be making our ADR's at 6am this Monday the 8th. I had a plan of which parks we will be in based on the TP crowd calendar but now it has changed. Now I have to decide whether to change it up or go with my initial plan.
I'm in the same boat. We arrive on October 5th as well, and I cringe every time TP updates. I've decided to modify one day, but otherwise keep my original plan... and keep my fingers crossed for no more major changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEASONK View Post
School calendars have been released, and we are officially booked at the ASMo for October 5-10!!! I can book my ADRs on Monday. I am really hoping for some kind of discount too.

This is my ADR line up:
October 5th ~ Chef Mickey's dinner
October 6th ~ Coral Reef dinner
October 7th ~ Hollywood & Vine breakfast
October 8th ~ Tusker House Breakfast
October 9th ~ 'Ohana dinner

I am not super excited about these, but we will have 2 preschool age kids who have never been so I know they will love most of these choices. I like to try new restaurants every year, and Hollywood & Vine will be my only new one.
That sounds like a great list of restaurants that should make any preschooler thrilled! I really like your idea of trying something new each trip too. Good luck Monday!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #371
kellyjeanie
DIS Veteran

Hi all, we're going to be at Disney Oct 28-Nov 3! I have no plans yet other than the dates so I hope everyone doesn't mind if I lurk around and get ideas. This will be our first trip and it's so overwhelming!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #372
tr-ray
DIS Veteran

Me, DH, DD (5) and DS (15 mos) are going down 10/16-10/25 staying at BCV.

We haven't been since Oct. 2011 (before DS!) so we are anxious to go! We saved up a little extra cash to stay in a Villa and really are looking forward to being so close to Epcot during F&W.

10/2013 -- BCV! ♥ 10/2011 -- Pop! ♥ 5/2011 -- AKL ♥ 12/2010 -- Pop! ♥ 2/2009 -- POP! ♥ 12/2007 -- CBR ♥ 12/2000 -- BC ♥ 4/1997 -- Off-Site For High School ♪Music♪ Days ♥

tr-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #373
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJECAR

I know!!! I cannot believe it is still this bad! It is so slow to react and kicks you out.... The Disney website is terrible.
I am so thankful our agent is booking ADRs for us next Monday!

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #374
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjeanie
Hi all, we're going to be at Disney Oct 28-Nov 3! I have no plans yet other than the dates so I hope everyone doesn't mind if I lurk around and get ideas. This will be our first trip and it's so overwhelming!
It is a bit overwhelming but you have come to the right place and are miles ahead of other first timers! It will be so much fun to plan and even more to go

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #375
kellyjeanie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post
It is a bit overwhelming but you have come to the right place and are miles ahead of other first timers! It will be so much fun to plan and even more to go
Thank you! This place is a wealth of information, I'm glad I found you guys.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: