Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #256
Timon

DIS Junkie

Castaway Cay is paradise found

Great pics! Thanks for sharing your adventures with us, it's almost like we were there with you

Very neat that you saw a stingray
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #257
churchlady
Mouseketeer

Yikes! I hit the wrong thing and accidentally unsubscribed! I'm baaackkk!

WDW April 2003
Land/Sea Beach Club, Disney Wonder April 2005
Disney Magic 7 day Western May 2006
1st timeto Disneyland/ DLH October 2006

WDW Contemporary June 2007

Disney Magic 7 day Eastern TORTOLA/POLY May 2009

DCL 3 day Dream/BWI November 2011
DCL 4 day Dream April 2013

DH, me, dd 16, dd18, dd20
churchlady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #258
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful day even if the water was a tad cold at first!

I have a silly question... more something I just kinda wondered about. With all those drinks in your fridge in the cabana... is there a restroom in the cabana? I imagine there has to be one close...or those drinks may pose a certain dilemma.

Captain Jack would be cool to see in that setting!

Love the blue sky pictures!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #259
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post

I have a silly question... more something I just kinda wondered about. With all those drinks in your fridge in the cabana... is there a restroom in the cabana? I imagine there has to be one close...or those drinks may pose a certain dilemma.

Good question
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:36 AM   #260
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Good question
right?!! I just know if it were me... I would end up regretting drinking all those sodas (and I would drink them all just because they are there) and after all said drinks were gone... yup I would be making a mad dash somewhere.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #261
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

What a perfect beach day!! We looked at renting a cabana when we cruised on the dream in 2011 but wow!! I think it was like $500? Are we crazy or is really that much?

GREAT pictures, love them all!!
WDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:17 AM   #262
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Wow, I just can't get enough of the CC pictures. I am working on my CC day right now too and I just wish I was there right now instead of cold and ugly Ohio.
Working on CC day makes the worst day here a "much better" day. And you are so right .... I can't get enough of CC (and pictures there of) either. My little piece of paradise here on earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm such a bad Diser! I've been reading along but haven't been posting since it's been so busy at work and then when I get home, I'm sewing like a mad woman on Disney dress/backsack orders all while trying to keep the house in order.

There's simply too much to post comments on so I'll just post on the last couple of updates. What a lovely day on Castaway Cay! The cabana looks amazing and so does that fellow named Jack Sparrow! I could get used to lazing around watching him go up and down the beach.
NO! You are not a bad DISer. We all have our real life to tend to and sometimes there is very little DIS time left. I know you are reading and that keeps me happy!

The Cabanas are just such a luxury. So fun to have a retreat to go to if you need to.
I am not sure about the family beach, but we have seen Captain Jack quite a few times on the adult beach .... and if he does not get enough attention he ever so often will strike up a conversation with someone just enjoying some lazy beach time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle9343 View Post
WOW i am finally caught up here too!!!
I LOVE the picture of the corona and konk kooler with the beach back ground what a great postcard it would make!!!
Reading through 6 pages made me really hungry Karin LOL!!!
Yeah! You did it. You are all caught up again!
Hm, now you are giving me an idea - I still have a voucher from Vistaprint - maybe next time we will see you that photo will have turned into a postcard.

124 days until we meet again!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Castaway Cay is paradise found

Great pics! Thanks for sharing your adventures with us, it's almost like we were there with you

Very neat that you saw a stingray
CC is my little piece of heaven on earth. A paradise only Disney can create.

I am glad you enjoy coming along. It is so neat to relive a vacation by writing the trip report.

We have seen those stingrays quite a few times at Serenity Bay. It is awesome to see them "in the wild".
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:29 AM   #263
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchlady View Post
Yikes! I hit the wrong thing and accidentally unsubscribed! I'm baaackkk!
NO! you unsubscribed ....... but you are back again! Glad you caught it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post

It was a picture perfect day! Beautiful blue skies and wonderful sunshine.

And to answer your restroom question ....... NO, there is no restroom in the cabanas, the restrooms are behind the bar. To be honest, I think it does not even take a minute to walk to them, so it is no problem.

We have seen Captain Jack on the adult beach quite a few times (not sure about the family beach). He usually attracts quite some attention, but if it is not so, he will walk up to you and strike off a conversation. It is sometimes hilarious to listen in.

I was just mesmerized by the blue sky. I kept looking up and up, and kept taking a lot of photos ..... thank god for digital photography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Good question
Yes, it is! And the answer is ........ NO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDisneyMom View Post
What a perfect beach day!! We looked at renting a cabana when we cruised on the dream in 2011 but wow!! I think it was like $500? Are we crazy or is really that much?

GREAT pictures, love them all!!
Yes, the Cabanas come with a hefty price tag! The ones on the family beach are 499 and the ones at Serenity Bay are 399. But to us they are so worth every penny. To have a shady place is key with my eyes. And since we have had a Cabana I did not have any more issues. So, if I can enjoy a full (painfree) day at CC it is worth if to me.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

Old 04-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #264
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Karin I dreamed last night I was on a small island with sunny skies, emerald and blue water, and the waves! Then I woke up! Guess I will have to keep dreaming till I get there again. LOL!
Old 04-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #265
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Karin I dreamed last night I was on a small island with sunny skies, emerald and blue water, and the waves! Then I woke up! Guess I will have to keep dreaming till I get there again. LOL!
Teresa, the dream will become a reality in early September ...... keep on dreaming!

Old 04-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #266
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Half term vacation 2013, Feb 16 - Feb 24

Day 4, February 19

“I could get used to this!” - part 5

We relaxed on the veranda and in the hammock for a while, enjoying some cold Evian water and soft drinks out of the fridge, before we decided to head back into the ocean for another swim.
Again, walking into the water it seemed very cold, but the further you got in the more bearable it became and once you were fully emerged it was quite okay.
We swam, drifted around and just generally enjoyed the sun and ocean for about an hour before we slowly made our way back to the beach and our Cabana.

Once we had showered and dried off a bit we sat in the shade of our home for the day, when we saw the bar server, who had brought our first drinks for the day, waving at us. Quick word and we had decided that we wanted to order another drink. So we let the bar server know that we wanted to order something and he was happy to come up to us. While he was waiting for Tom to get our stateroom key out of the safe we chatted a bit and seeing that Diago was from Portugal, we asked how long he had worked for Disney. He was happy to tell us that he had only started a few weeks ago and when asked if he liked his work, his answer was really great.
He pointed at the beach and ocean and said, “What’s NOT to like about my office.” We all had a good laugh and he went to pick up our drinks. While waiting for them we put the hammock and loungers to good use and after about 20 minutes, Diago was back with

another Corona for Tom and a

Bahama Mama, white and dark rum, creme de banana, coconut rum, orange juice, pineapple juice, and a dash of grenadine, for myself. We tipped him well for bringing it round and chatted a bit more, before it was time for him to head back to the beach. We had some chips in our Cabana basket, so we sat in the shade, enjoying the drinks, munching chips and looking out onto the beach and ocean.

When we finally looked at our watch it was going towards 3pm. Time had just flown by. We decide to stay put until 3.30 and then pack up.
Tom went to enjoy a few more minutes in the hammock while I sat on my lounge chair, watching the beautiful palm trees.

And within the blink of an eye it was 3.30 and we got changed, packed up our things and for a split second thought about calling the Cabana host to drive us down to the tram in his golf cart, but instantly decided against it and after having checked if we hadn’t left anything behind, we strolled down to the tram. Our Cabana host was pretty disappointed we had not rang for him but he got tipped anyway.
We didn’t even need to sit down at the bench waiting for a tram as one approached when we were saying goodbye to our Cabana host. We quickly hopped on and there were only a few more guests going back to the ship, a few minutes before 4pm.

We changed trams at the next stop and the one running back to the ship filled up well. I think Tom and I were the only ones who had a few empty seats in their row, but someone had spilled a good deal of Coke onto the seats and no one wanted to sit on them. Since we were seated towards the front of the tram we were at the head of the crowd that was heading back on board and it was fairly easy to go through security and jump into a half full elevator.
Back at our stateroom we emptied the ever full Fish Extender and then took showers. We were just done with them when the ship started to pull out of Castaway Cay.

We watched from the balcony, happy at heart that we would be back twice again this year, as we are booked on a back to back on the Fantasy in August.
There wasn’t much time for us to do something else, as we needed to go to dinner at 5.45, so we just enjoyed the warm breeze out on the veranda until it was time to change and get ready for dinner. Katerina and Jimmy were having dinner at Palo and we usually don’t eat Pirate dinner at the main dining room, but after Ana had gone to great length to change our rotation we didn’t want to disappoint her. So at 5.45 we arrived at the Enchanted Garden and were quickly led to our table.

To be continued ...........

Old 04-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #267
MEK
DIS Veteran

Once again your drinks look quite refreshing and the beach looks like it would be incredibly hard to leave.

I have to ask - why does the top of the Corona look like a funnel? I have never seen that before. Sure makes getting the lime in there a lot easier.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #268
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Ah, Serenity Bay, only another 6 months until we meet again.

Jill in CO
Old 04-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #269
Ntrain
Mouseketeer

This is the cabana we booked for our June 27 Sailing on the Dream. I can't wait, we are so excited. First time on the Dream, 3rd DCL cruise.

Love your report!!!
Ntrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #270
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

Karin,
Love the trip report so far! Just started reading it earlier today and read it off and on until I got all caught up! You are making me want to do a cruise. I've always said the cruises weren't for me because I'd rather be in the parks but wow! Your day in the cabana sounds so relaxing and wonderful. Can't wait for the rest of the report

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Mom&RN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: