Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #826
aschafer81
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3 View Post
You've posed a pretty loaded question here. Most would say a free upgrade is unexpected pixie dust that you just don't ask for unless you are willing to pay for. Why not just book the room you actually want?

I'm of the opinion, ask if you want but don't be upset if you don't get a freebie from them.

I recognize it's a loaded question, and we don't expect anything. We are happy with the standard room (are coming off a Disney DREAM cruise before with a private veranda - decided to splurge more there) - but just curious about the potential for a free upgrade - or when we check in - a better location for a standard room near a bus line.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #827
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschafer81 View Post

I recognize it's a loaded question, and we don't expect anything. We are happy with the standard room (are coming off a Disney DREAM cruise before with a private veranda - decided to splurge more there) - but just curious about the potential for a free upgrade - or when we check in - a better location for a standard room near a bus line.

Well in that case--you could do what I have done for our upcoming trip and request casitas 4 or 5 to be near first bus stop pick up .

Would love to take a Disney cruise sometime and completely understand splurging there!!

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ x 2
2015 POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 05:02 AM   #828
tammilynne
Mouseketeer

today is the day I can do online check in! I have a preferred room booked... is there a particular section that is better to request???

June 2006 All Star Movies - Star Wars weekends
July 2011 All Star Movies/Hard Rock Hotel- Disney/Universal trip
June 2013 Coronado Springs -Star Wars Weekends
Old 04-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #829
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Hello

Two questions looked at buzzs site and couldn't find the answers does Coranado have any resort specific merchandise? Also where the elevators located in the cabanas section?

Thanks
Used the elevator last night! It is hard to describe but if you start at the front of the building and follow the building s many, many, twists and turns eventually you will get to the elevator. You can't miss it, towards the back end of 9b and the business class room was towards the front of the building. I am using the end towards bus stop 1 as FRONT. The bus stop is very close to this building. I was quite surprised, it doesn't look that close on map.

As for business class, The food offerings this am were great, CM's friendly and not crowded at 7:50am during spring break. Only thing to add to others posts is there was no water bottles out for breakfast. The refilled everything while we were there and all was fresh and good.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #830
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

I'm wondering how quick I can get breakfast in the morning from pepper market? Is it about the same amount of time that I would spend at the value's food court?
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
Old 04-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #831
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Business class this evening was a nice treat especially since it was raining!!!

I asked for a red sangria and it was good. There was so much fruit in there I asked for a fork to eat it and she got me a shrimp fork

Dd had Perrier and took a regular bottle of water for later. At 5:10pm there was only 6 people total in the lounge including us! The CM'S were great! Friendly, attentive etc. we all asked for drinks to go. I got another sangria generously poured in plastic and dd and I explored a little since rain all gone!

Some have asked but no, we did not get turndown service.

My rating is this, based on 39 disney stays and over 10 at mods and 4 previous at CSR. If you compare the club level against mods or values it was great value and experience for the price. If you compare to deluxe it is not the same thing. Remember though it is less to than 1/2 the price so you get what you pay for.

Overall I loved the buildings convenient location, the food was quality stuff( fresh fruit, chips tasty etc) the staff was as good as I could ever hope for , the lounge area was inviting and since CSR was my fav mod this was truly "the bonus plan".
Old 04-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #832
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Business class this evening was a nice treat especially since it was raining!!!

I asked for a red sangria and it was good. There was so much fruit in there I asked for a fork to eat it and she got me a shrimp fork

Dd had Perrier and took a regular bottle of water for later. At 5:10pm there was only 6 people total in the lounge including us! The CM'S were great! Friendly, attentive etc. we all asked for drinks to go. I got another sangria generously poured in plastic and dd and I explored a little since rain all gone!

Some have asked but no, we did not get turndown service.

My rating is this, based on 39 disney stays and over 10 at mods and 4 previous at CSR. If you compare the club level against mods or values it was great value and experience for the price. If you compare to deluxe it is not the same thing. Remember though it is less to than 1/2 the price so you get what you pay for.

Overall I loved the buildings convenient location, the food was quality stuff( fresh fruit, chips tasty etc) the staff was as good as I could ever hope for , the lounge area was inviting and since CSR was my fav mod this was truly "the bonus plan".
Thanks for the review! Is business class a new thing at CSR? We stayed in 9B in February and didn't know anything about this lounge.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #833
Buddy18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Thanks for the review! Is business class a new thing at CSR? We stayed in 9B in February and didn't know anything about this lounge.
It started Jan 1, 2013.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #834
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Interesting! I guess it was offered when we were there. I assume that you have to pay for an upgraded room in 9B to get this then? We just booked a standard room.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #835
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Interesting! I guess it was offered when we were there. I assume that you have to pay for an upgraded room in 9B to get this then? We just booked a standard room.
Isn't bc in 9a? i am pretty sure were in 9b and it was not bc.....
Old 04-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #836
Buddy18
Mouseketeer

the business class level and lounge are in cabana 9b
Old 04-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #837
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Isn't bc in 9a? i am pretty sure were in 9b and it was not bc.....
Business Class is definitely in 9B. I bet not ALL of 9B is Business Class.

I believe all of us who have stayed BC, have had rooms within a short distance to the lounge.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #838
DisBamaGirl
Earning My Ears

Has anyone ever taken a small air mattress to use in the rooms at Coronado? I was thinking of taking one to keep my kids from arguing about sleeping in the same bed. LOL! Thanks in advance!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #839
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammilynne View Post
today is the day I can do online check in! I have a preferred room booked... is there a particular section that is better to request???
Preferred rooms are all in casitas 1, 2 and 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisBamaGirl View Post
Has anyone ever taken a small air mattress to use in the rooms at Coronado? I was thinking of taking one to keep my kids from arguing about sleeping in the same bed. LOL! Thanks in advance!
We have used both a twin and a queen air mattress at CSR (not at the same time ). The twin fits easily between the bed and the window. The queen also fit there, but when we used the queen mattress, we had to slide the dresser down, then slide the desk until it was up against the dresser. We put the ottomans under the rod in the closet area.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #840
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Made a mistake on elevator location, it is all the back at end of building close to 9a. In the dark I couldn't tell.

Club level this morning before checkout was like yesterday. There was only a few people, the fruit is freshest ever, and CM's are all friendly.

Also dd noticed on evacuation chart on your door that one of the rooms was larger, lol , that one was the one junior suite in 9b. When i get home I will try to load that picture. Could be handy for someone

Now at poly club on my 3rd floor balcony with coffee while dd gets her beauty sleep.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: