Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
Katatak
Earning My Ears

Smile DISNEY MAGIC 8032 vs. 8034

Hi everybody,

My husband and I are truly light sleepers and would still like to book either room 8032 or 8034 on the Disney Magic despite all the noise reviews, noises coming from DECK 9 etc... Can you PLEASE help us decide which room may be more QUIET overall....
Any experience and advice is truly appreciated!!!!! THANK YOU!!!
Katatak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer

We were in 8032 on the Magic last month and we loved it. There was some noise from above, but it never bothered us in the slightest. We have 3 small girls so we are used to some noise (though our girls are pretty quiet and almost never play rough or yell) but I personally thought it was as quiet as an average hotel room. I think it just comes down to personal preference. If you are the type of person that is easily annoyed by noises or must have it perfectly quiet to sleep, then you may be unhappy in there. We did hear the occasional patter of footsteps or scraping deck chair from above, but I don't remember hearing any constant noise. It never woke us or kept us from falling asleep. I didn't hear any creaking wood as others have reported, though we had smooth seas the whole time. Is is the quietest room on the ship? Probably not, but we thought it was fabulous.

If you are just worried about sleep, perhaps wearing earplugs at night might solve that.

Not sure how soon you are considering sailing, but a huge plus to this room is that you may get Danny for your concierge and a different Danny as your stateroom host. They were both amazing and I cannot praise them enough for how awesome they are!
princessmommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer

Oh, and I forgot to add that I think 8032 would probably be quieter than 8034. If you look at the deck plans, most (if not all) of 8032 is under the Cove (adult) area while 8034 is under the pool deck area right next to the family pool, so there would probably more running, chair movemement, etc.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Having stayed in both, the noise from above will be the same. You really won't hear much of anything at night when you're sleeping. Early in the mornings, you may hear the chairs being moved if the crew is cleaning up above, but generally after the first morning, you get used to it, because you know what the sound is.

I would choose 8034, simply because it has the extra little space in the bathroom/closet area for storing luggage. You can see on the deck plans the small area that sticks out that I'm talking about. It's nice to be able to tuck luggage completely out of the way, or packages of any purchases you might make.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
Katatak
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all the advice... I also have kids 8 and 9 year old.. So the noise during the day does not bother me at all. It is the concern about the noise at bedtime and the middle of the night... I will have earplugs for sure!!
Old 04-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #6
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

You really shouldn't have any noise at bedtime or during the night. Just the normal "creaking" sounds that the ship can make....but since you're below the Cove Cafe, there won't be any nighttime activity there.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #7
Katatak
Earning My Ears

Sounds like it won't be too bad!! But I think I'm leaning towards 8032 since it is right below the cove and probably less activity than the other area.. Thanks again!!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #8
Katatak
Earning My Ears

Curious, some people mentioned in previous posts about the ping pong tables..
Where are they located on the Magic?? Not in the Cove Cafe, adult pool area, right? Thanks!!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:37 AM   #9
luv that cruise
Someone give me instructions as if i were a first grader!

We have been on too many cruises to count, many in the deck 8 concierge rooms of the magic/wonder. On our last cruise or two the ping pong tables have been moved up to deck 10 near the basketball area. In the recent past there was deck chair scooting at 11pm and more scooting around 5 am. Not so bad since they put in the cove as less chairs. I love the 32/34 rooms but I have learned to bring a fan & extension cord so I have have the fan near my head while sleeping. I enjoy the cool circulating air as well and the sound of the fan which is my choice for white noise. There are apps on the iphone and iPad for lots of white noise choices. You won't get he air circulation but the fan noise is comforting. the rooms are great - you will love them.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #10
Katatak
Earning My Ears

Once again thanks for all the posts!! I want to make the best choice for our family and so far it looks like the experience outweighs any kind of noise issues.. It seems to me that there is not much of a difference between 32/34.. And Danny seems to be amazing, the concierge.. I will also mention to him my noise concerns and see what he has to say since he has been at the Magic for awhile..
Old 04-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #11
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatak View Post
Once again thanks for all the posts!! I want to make the best choice for our family and so far it looks like the experience outweighs any kind of noise issues.. It seems to me that there is not much of a difference between 32/34.. And Danny seems to be amazing, the concierge.. I will also mention to him my noise concerns and see what he has to say since he has been at the Magic for awhile..
I agree, the experience of these fantastic rooms far outweighs the minor noises that you may hear. When will you be sailing? Danny mentioned to me that he will be going on vacation this summer....
Old 04-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #12
Katatak
Earning My Ears

Hi Princessmommy... My cruise is Nov./ 2013.. Super excited!! Cause I was just on the Wonder with kids and we absolutely LOVED IT!! We had a PERFECT TIME!!! And btw it was our first cruise ever... Now I just want to try all the Disney ships... )
Old 04-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #13
Katatak
Earning My Ears

Also, We did not stay in a concierge stateroom in the Wonder so I cant compare for the 8th floor deck rooms..
Old 04-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #14
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatak View Post
Hi Princessmommy... My cruise is Nov./ 2013.. Super excited!! Cause I was just on the Wonder with kids and we absolutely LOVED IT!! We had a PERFECT TIME!!! And btw it was our first cruise ever... Now I just want to try all the Disney ships... )
That is almost just like us! We were just on the Magic in Feb for our first cruise ever (in 8032) and now we are booked on the Wonder in Sep (in 8532). You are going to love the room and are going to become addicted to concierge, at least on the classic ships (I hear the experience is a little different on the new ones). Be prepared to never want to go back to non-concierge!

I would think that Danny will probably be on the Magic in Nov. I think he said he would be back by the end of summer, and he didn't say anything about changing ships. The other concierge, Tiwanda, was wonderful too but we only interacted with him twice.

Enjoy your cruise!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #15
Katatak
Earning My Ears

No way, what a coincidence!!! Wow.. We just did the Wonder in March.. We are
Flip flopping ships.. Anyways, I KNOW I'm gonna be addicted to the concierge thing.. But when I saw the concierge rates( 7 night for example) for the newer ships I almost fell over.. We will see about that when I start looking for 2014 quotes.. But def. Will do those ships then.. I'm dying to do the FANTASY..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: