Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #2161
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Chef Mickey's is Mickey and Friends, Crystal Palace is Pooh and Friends.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
Future trips on hold due to DS8's leukemia diagnosis

Me (43) DH (40) DS (8) DD (8)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #2162
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
Chef Mickey has the Fab 5: Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Donald.
I went by what allears.net since I haven't been there for a few years, but your list is what I remember.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #2163
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
I went by what allears.net since I haven't been there for a few years, but your list is what I remember.
Unless it's changed in the 3 years since I went, I have pictures with the Fab 5
Old 04-05-2013, 04:26 AM   #2164
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by headedtoWDW View Post
I didn't make any room-related requests when I booked, and would like to check-in online so that I can do that before I send the fax next week. BUT...I have no idea where/how to do the online check-in. Can someone point me in the right direction?

From reading this board, I think my room request will look like this: a room in the northern wing of Parterre, on the second floor away from the stairs. Am I right in imagining that the stairs have more traffic/noise issues than the elevator?
Sounds like a good request. The stairs aren't too bad unless you are directly in front of them, and then on upper floors you get a fair few people walking directly 'towards' your room as they walk up the stairs. The worst noise would be from occasional suitcases on wheels or luggage trolleys banging up and down them though. We had a River View room just next to the stairs in Oak Manor and it wasn't a problem though.

I would strongly suggest making sure your request is in your original booking if you can (just call them to get it added). That's the 'official' way to do it, so if the fax thing goes wrong for any reason they've still got the info anyway. You do online checking via the Disney website, https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/ and using My Reservations or My Disney Experience to view your booking info. Which version of the website you use will depend on what country you are connecting from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabache View Post
We have a 9 yr old daughter and a baby that will be 23 months during our stay. Any suggestions?
I'd definitely take them with you, they'll have a great time.

(I think your other questions have already been answered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabache View Post
Thanks for the info. I booked Tusker house for breakfast the morning after we arrive. It's pretty early. Will the buses work at that time?
Buses commence around 6:30am, but the full park service doesn't start until about an hour before park opening time. There are earlier buses to service character meals though. Let the driver know where you are going as they can sometimes vary the route to help out if there are only a few passengers on board.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #2165
elfling8
Mouseketeer

Arcade question

When you turn in the voucher for an arcade card, can you only use it at the arcade in POR, or can you use it at other resorts and the arcade in MK? We have an ADR at Kouzzina our last night, and I'm sure the kids would love to play in the Boardwalk arcades. Also, if we could use them outside the resort, we'd probably buy a second card so they don't have to share. Thanks!

10 days until we arrive!!!!

Me DH
DD10 DS8
Old 04-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #2166
ohnowewontgo
Disney here We Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by CluelessDisFan View Post
Any one have any tips when it comes to the bus stops at POR? My first time at POR is coming up fast. I know there are 3 stops. I'm traveling with my Mom who's handicapped and my 2 littlest both under 3. I'd like to be first on the bus, because we'll need seats.
When we were there in September it didn't seem to matter which one we sat at waiting. They were always hit or miss. The main bus stop in front of the food court is probably your best shot at getting seats, but beware of the rush when the bus pulls up. If the bus is full, usually there are nice men who will give seats up for ladies or children.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #2167
ohnowewontgo
Disney here We Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephyarcouette View Post
so..wal mart delivery of groceries...anyone know anything about this?
I had them ship water and other small goods to the resort last year. I ordered about three weeks out, they shipped very quickly. They sat at the resort for about a week and a half, but it was fine. I had to call bell services or something of the sort when we were in our room, and after pulling teeth it was delivered. It was a problem on POR's end for me....but that was just when I was attempting to get it to the room.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #2168
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnowewontgo View Post
The main bus stop in front of the food court is probably your best shot at getting seats, but beware of the rush when the bus pulls up.
Remember that only applies when the South stop is the first stop at POR. If the bus has already gone round the West, North and East depots before picking up at South (e.g. most MK buses) then there could be a number of people already on the bus when it arrives at the South Depot.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-05-2013, 08:10 AM   #2169
Okh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
Chef Mickey's is Mickey and Friends, Crystal Palace is Pooh and Friends.
Way to make CP sound appetizing
“When you acknowledge, as you must, that there is no such thing as perfect food, only the idea of it, then the real purpose of striving toward perfection becomes clear: to make people happy, that is what cooking is all about.”
― Thomas Keller

Old 04-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #2170
stephyarcouette
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I had them ship water and other small goods to the resort last year. I ordered about three weeks out, they shipped very quickly. They sat at the resort for about a week and a half, but it was fine. I had to call bell services or something of the sort when we were in our room, and after pulling teeth it was delivered. It was a problem on POR's end for me....but that was just when I was attempting to get it to the room.
So its not a grocery delivery service where I can order online and have them deliver it same day then? Is there any other service like that?
Old 04-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #2171
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CluelessDisFan View Post
Any one have any tips when it comes to the bus stops at POR? My first time at POR is coming up fast. I know there are 3 stops. I'm traveling with my Mom who's handicapped and my 2 littlest both under 3. I'd like to be first on the bus, because we'll need seats.
I would use the South depot. It is the main stop, just outside of Fulton's gift shop. I always use this stop, I believe it is the first one.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #2172
CluelessDisFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstopdisneymom View Post
If your mother is in a wheelchair the bus driver will load her first so you will be first on. But I should add if the bus already has people on it, it's possible that you may have to stand. Chivalry isn't dead though, I did see many a gentleman or teenager give up their seat for mommas with small children.
Quote:
When we were there in September it didn't seem to matter which one we sat at waiting. They were always hit or miss. The main bus stop in front of the food court is probably your best shot at getting seats, but beware of the rush when the bus pulls up. If the bus is full, usually there are nice men who will give seats up for ladies or children.
Thank you both. We'll try to be at the main stop. That's good information. Hoping our week will be a slow one. Extra bus stops has me thinking I should have done FQ, but we wanted to try the royal guest room. I think we'll be able to manage.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #2173
CluelessDisFan
Mouseketeer

Thanks DisneyRunner!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #2174
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephyarcouette View Post
So its not a grocery delivery service where I can order online and have them deliver it same day then? Is there any other service like that?
We used Garden Grocer in October. They're not the cheapest (though I don't know that there's a good option in that respect), but we got everything we needed, and they delivered it to POR the day we arrived. They actually called me to tell me it was at bell services within about 10 minutes of the 2 hour window they gave me starting! There was a mistake with our order, but they came and fixed it right away. It's an option you might want to look at!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 04-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #2175
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Is there a list of actives or events happening at the resort for may yet?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: