Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #16
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post
I think some of us "might" want to know (actually I am a "nutritional label addict" if there is such a thing), but at WDW I just know "small amounts" is the best way to go. I'd spend WAY too much time going through every menu's nutritional values LOL!!
Lots of people still try to eat healthy while at Disney World. I know I am one of them.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #17
Enjoying Life
Mouseketeer

Watching sodium levels is an easy way to eat healthy. You end up with lower fat and lower calories too. The FDA recommends that you stay under 1500 mg a day. A grilled chicken sandwich at Disney probably has over 1500.

I was just planning an article about low sodium eating at Disney. After finding no nutritional information I knew I would have to generalize. In other words, treat all Disney foods like eating out at any other restaurant where you don't have nutritional information.

Take the Turkey Legs for example. A fresh turkey leg that is smoked on a grill is very good low sodium food, but I read somewhere that Disney's turkey legs are processed and packaged with chemicals and preservatives making it a very bad, high in sodium food.

Thank you for this info. Looking at the nutritional information for the Be our Guest lunch, The best thing is the tuna salad, the next best is the steak sandwich. The turkey sandwich is over 1500. If you made it at home (with fresh, unprocessed turkey), it would be about 300.
Enjoying Life is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #18
Enjoying Life
Mouseketeer

I just noticed that the original numbers listed in the lunch items DO NOT include the side that it comes with. You have to click MODIFY, then the side item is added to the nutritional info,

So, it's the tuna salad with no dressing or the steak sandwich with no side. Oh, and I missed the Potato Leek soup. Not bad,...

Last edited by Enjoying Life; 04-04-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Enjoying Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #19
skylizard
DIS Veteran

Wow, looks like the braised pork and potato leek soup will be what I order next time I'm there. I'd love it if Disney did this for all their menus. The last time I was at BOG I had the croque monsieur, and although it was good, it wasn't worth all those calories and sodium
skylizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: