Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #751
albrst
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 42

Well that's interesting, because when I got online and tried to book one at 6 am ET, it wouldn't let me. My TA called at 8 ET and said nope they were telling them they weren't included at all. I wonder if you just lucked out. I don't mind switching really. My kids aren't into any of the themes for this resort. We just needed a family resort because there are 6 of us and it was the best option. So I am happy to have saved almost $500 today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripinbrums View Post
They did offer Nemo suites. I had an existing ressie for Nemo but wanted the discount. I called at 6 on the dot(ct) and got through. CM applied discount and we saved $270. We are going 6-29. It could be that they ran out of those discounts for Nemo before you called. I would have switched for discount too.
albrst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #752
wdwmaw
planin' next trip
 
wdwmaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: georgetown, ky
Posts: 2,609

Just wanted to chime in here that I did receive a PIN code yesterday with pretty much the same promo offer as the summer offer and I am getting all the suites at AOA with availability for several dates in June and July that I just ran dates for. I am getting NEMO to pull up for more July dates than June dates so assume they really are sold out. Call back, you never know and don't give up hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albrst View Post
It was the TA that told me that Nemo wasn't being included when she checked today.

It's okay, we aren't going for Nemo and $500 is a lot of money.

Kristy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezy View Post
My TA didn't think they would include Nemo rooms in the discount since they're always sold out. I haven't heard anything from her yet today so I'm sure there wasn't anything available at this point. I'm ok with Cars. I can always try to change at check-in if something is available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by albrst View Post
Nemo is not being included in this discount at all. I had to move to Lion King this morning but to save $500 it was worth it.

Kristy
Quote:
Originally Posted by albrst View Post
Well that's interesting, because when I got online and tried to book one at 6 am ET, it wouldn't let me. My TA called at 8 ET and said nope they were telling them they weren't included at all. I wonder if you just lucked out. I don't mind switching really. My kids aren't into any of the themes for this resort. We just needed a family resort because there are 6 of us and it was the best option. So I am happy to have saved almost $500 today.
__________________
dh meds dsgdd



24 trips and plannin' the next 1
wdwmaw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #753
albrst
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 42

There are rooms available for the dates we are going just not for the discount. I got the same code you received with the same offer going on and when I put in my dates and select Nemo the price goes up. So who knows, lol.

I am fine with the room we are in. We really aren't going for the theme of the room but for disney and for $500 less I can live with Simba versus Nemo, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmaw View Post
Just wanted to chime in here that I did receive a PIN code yesterday with pretty much the same promo offer as the summer offer and I am getting all the suites at AOA with availability for several dates in June and July that I just ran dates for. I am getting NEMO to pull up for more July dates than June dates so assume they really are sold out. Call back, you never know and don't give up hope.
albrst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #754
gcoolie
I do believe in fairies!
 
gcoolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Twilight Zone
Posts: 162

Summer Pin Code

I received a 9 digit pin code by email yesterday. I priced out the same stay using the summer discount and the pin code. Staying in an AKL room, savannah view, 5-day MYW with park hopper from June 20-27... the savings with the pin code is $900 less than the summer discount. The pin code is good on stays from 4/28-8/14, but the summer one doesn't start until 6/15. Going deluxe, the discount is good. However, no monorail resorts came up.
__________________

gcoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #755
Ness2289
I'm a little lost on this one...
Oooooh! I see now
 
Ness2289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,114

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoolie View Post
I received a 9 digit pin code by email yesterday. I priced out the same stay using the summer discount and the pin code. Staying in an AKL room, savannah view, 5-day MYW with park hopper from June 20-27... the savings with the pin code is $900 less than the summer discount. The pin code is good on stays from 4/28-8/14, but the summer one doesn't start until 6/15. Going deluxe, the discount is good. However, no monorail resorts came up.
That's great! So glad to hear folks are receiving pin codes! I guess I can keep hope alive until May 3 (my balance due date)!!
__________________
June/July 2014- Swan & Dolphin/Pop Century, June 2013- Port Orleans French Quarter, April 2011-Disney Dream, June 2010-Pop Century Resort, Mar./Apr. 2008-1st Cruise!!- Land and Sea - Wonder/Polynesian Resort, June 2005- Caribbean Beach Resort, March 2003- Offsite for DD's 1st Trip! , 1997- Offsite, 1993- Offsite, 1981- Offsite
Ness2289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #756
meliss8599
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,159

Are people finding they're getting the better deal with the most recent PIN code or with the summer offer?
meliss8599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #757
Ness2289
I'm a little lost on this one...
Oooooh! I see now
 
Ness2289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,114

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmaw View Post
Just wanted to chime in here that I did receive a PIN code yesterday with pretty much the same promo offer as the summer offer and I am getting all the suites at AOA with availability for several dates in June and July that I just ran dates for. I am getting NEMO to pull up for more July dates than June dates so assume they really are sold out. Call back, you never know and don't give up hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoolie View Post
I received a 9 digit pin code by email yesterday. I priced out the same stay using the summer discount and the pin code. Staying in an AKL room, savannah view, 5-day MYW with park hopper from June 20-27... the savings with the pin code is $900 less than the summer discount. The pin code is good on stays from 4/28-8/14, but the summer one doesn't start until 6/15. Going deluxe, the discount is good. However, no monorail resorts came up.

Did you receive the pin after already having a reservation or had you still not made a reservation yet? I still fear that having a reservation already takes me out of the running for a pin. Thanks!
__________________
June/July 2014- Swan & Dolphin/Pop Century, June 2013- Port Orleans French Quarter, April 2011-Disney Dream, June 2010-Pop Century Resort, Mar./Apr. 2008-1st Cruise!!- Land and Sea - Wonder/Polynesian Resort, June 2005- Caribbean Beach Resort, March 2003- Offsite for DD's 1st Trip! , 1997- Offsite, 1993- Offsite, 1981- Offsite
Ness2289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #758
ZoeisMommy
ºoº Earning My Ears
 
ZoeisMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 420

Well we got no pin code and couldn't get the GP summer offer due to lack of Nemo rooms here's to wishing the next 70 days brings us something good
__________________
ZoeisMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #759
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"
 
julluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston, MA 1,331 mi away from the mouse
Posts: 1,968

does anyone know the details of the new pin code? Im just wondering if its better than the spring deal? TIA
__________________

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS ,DMOM,DB , DSIL,DAunt
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *
julluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #760
gcoolie
I do believe in fairies!
 
gcoolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Twilight Zone
Posts: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness2289 View Post
Did you receive the pin after already having a reservation or had you still not made a reservation yet? I still fear that having a reservation already takes me out of the running for a pin. Thanks!
We had no reservations, nor had I been online plugging in trips on their website.

I've seen some posts that state the pin wasn't that much less than the summer discount, but pricing it out for deluxe, it was a lot less. The email gave no details, just click the link and start booking to see your savings. It was also good for room only or packages.
__________________

gcoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #761
amyvits
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoolie View Post

We had no reservations, nor had I been online plugging in trips on their website.

I've seen some posts that state the pin wasn't that much less than the summer discount, but pricing it out for deluxe, it was a lot less. The email gave no details, just click the link and start booking to see your savings. It was also good for room only or packages.
My MIL got a pin, and she's going with us when we go in June. Our TA said it wasn't a set discount, but moderates were at least $250 less and deluxe I think were at least $350 less (than rack rate I'm assuming) on a four-night or more package. So our trip from June 20-26 with 2 rooms at POR riverside now is $760 less than rack rate. The pin was about $350-400 cheaper than the summer promo. My MIL actually had 2 standing reservations when she got the pin, one for June and another for the fall some time. So don't give up hope!!
amyvits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #762
Ness2289
I'm a little lost on this one...
Oooooh! I see now
 
Ness2289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,114

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyvits View Post
My MIL got a pin, and she's going with us when we go in June. Our TA said it wasn't a set discount, but moderates were at least $250 less and deluxe I think were at least $350 less (than rack rate I'm assuming) on a four-night or more package. So our trip from June 20-26 with 2 rooms at POR riverside now is $760 less than rack rate. The pin was about $350-400 cheaper than the summer promo. My MIL actually had 2 standing reservations when she got the pin, one for June and another for the fall some time. So don't give up hope!!
Good to know!
__________________
June/July 2014- Swan & Dolphin/Pop Century, June 2013- Port Orleans French Quarter, April 2011-Disney Dream, June 2010-Pop Century Resort, Mar./Apr. 2008-1st Cruise!!- Land and Sea - Wonder/Polynesian Resort, June 2005- Caribbean Beach Resort, March 2003- Offsite for DD's 1st Trip! , 1997- Offsite, 1993- Offsite, 1981- Offsite
Ness2289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:48 PM   #763
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran
 
Dixiemom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irin997 View Post
I can't believe they haven't released any pins.
When I called a few days ago to make resort and date changes I asked about free dining pins. The CM said she hadn't heard anything and hadn't seen any herself Still so anxious about staying at POR for the first time!
__________________


Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 9
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #764
albrst
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 42

We went ahead and changed to a Lion King room and it saved us almost $500. We would have preferred Nemo but then again $500 is a lot when you are spending so much on a trip. I called and they said they rarely discount Nemo rooms because they are the first rooms to book. We decided that our resort room is not what we are really going for and someone else told me the Nemo rooms by the pool are loud with commotion so maybe this will be better (I will tell myself that at least).


Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeisMommy View Post
Well we got no pin code and couldn't get the GP summer offer due to lack of Nemo rooms here's to wishing the next 70 days brings us something good
albrst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #765
deadheadmamma4
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 171

I still can't figure out if it's better to upgrade to deluxe hotel for the 30% discount we are at music as of now or if free dinning comes out take that but we would pay the difference and do the one table one counter one snack since free I read is usually qs we are first timers staying sept21-27 just trying to be ready to make that call lol.
deadheadmamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: