Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #976
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

And then it was Geoffís turn.

Coming in for the toe dip.

Touch Down!

It appears they went up fairly high and they said each turn was a good amount of time. They both enjoyed this quite a bit and were very happy they did this. I still think it looks scary, but there is a part of me that wants to try it. That crazy part that I keep locked up and the key hidden!

It was time for us to get off the ship and head to our Port Adventure. I think Rob had to run back to the room for something, so Gail, Claire, Alexis and I got off and walked slowly.

We grabbed some towels to take along and spotted some characters, but the girls did not want to stop.

Um I swore we got pony tails holders for the girls, but obviously we didnít put them in their hair at this point.

It was sad to see the brown up close, but I knew the island would bounce back soon.

And then we spotted him! My boyfriend, my future husband, the man I am leaving Skip for Ö..Captain Jack Sparrow.

I was informed I was not allowed to stop and see him at this point. The line was too long. What kill joys!

Hi Honey!

I did however stop at the little hut to inquire about the jet ski excursion.

I didnít have many people in front of me, but they were so slow, asking so many useless questions. Well they were useless because they didnít pertain to what I needed! LOL

Finally I got up there and was told that the jet ski sign up was actually right up next to the jet skis. UGH. Wasted time!

I did however have the girls stand for a picture.

I think Rob did catch up with us at this point and we were off. We now were getting a little too close to our own port adventure time and needed to make some tracks.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #977
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
Yay!! Updates! Only 10 days to go for us to be on that ship. Loving the TR.
I just did 4 updates!. I am busy tomorrow so I knew if I didn't get any up now, it could be a couple of days before I got to it again. I wish I was going on a cruise in 10 days. LOL I will be leaving in just over a week though for hopefully warmer parts and I am excited!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #978
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

I just did 4 updates!. I am busy tomorrow so I knew if I didn't get any up now, it could be a couple of days before I got to it again. I wish I was going on a cruise in 10 days. LOL I will be leaving in just over a week though for hopefully warmer parts and I am excited!
Were are you going?
Old 04-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #980
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

Williamsburg Virginia.
Is Claire going with you ?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #981
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

I have that same little hidden part of me that would love to parasail, but I'm so chicken it will probably never happen lol!

Wonder 12/21/08, Dream 03/27/12, Fantasy 07/14/12, Dream 10/07/12, Dream 10/11/12, Fantasy 05/25/13, Magic 12/22/13, Magic 12/27/13, Magic 12/30/13, Fantasy 05/31/14
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #982
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Is Claire going with you ?
yep. We are going with my Mom and my sister Amanda.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #983
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktb2002 View Post
I have that same little hidden part of me that would love to parasail, but I'm so chicken it will probably never happen lol!
I totally know the feeling.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #984
Floridagram
DIS Veteran

I am only up to Sunday but I have just have to say my Dad has the same temperment as yours.
Carnival Holiday-1992,NCL Norway-1996,Carnival Ecstasy-1998,Carnival Tropicale-1999,RCCL Voyager of the Seas-2001,RCCL Mariner of the Seas- 2004,HAL Zuiderdam-2004,HAL Westerdam-February 2007,Disney Magic-April 2007.Carnival Liberty-May 2008,DCL Fantasy- May 2012, CCL Freedom-Aug 2012, DCL Fantasy April 2013,NCL Jewel-Aug 2014, DCL Wonder Sept. 2014, CCL Liberty Oct 2014, Nov 2014 (B2B) RCCL Enchantment Nov 2014
Floridagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:23 AM   #985
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

The update lady strikes again!

I love all the updates, nothing better to start your Friday with then LOADS of DREAM and CC pics.
I really enjoy seeing your photos, Jen. And I admire you so much that you get up so early to be able to get up on deck.
We NEVER find out of bed THAT early.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:31 AM   #986
MEK
DIS Veteran

Jen - I think I have that same crazy part. As cool as parasailing is, I am a bit too scared to try it. But I want to. I'm so torn. It's like being bipolar. Given the expense, its easy for me to disregard something I am terrified of.

Beautiful pictures. Let's see - exactly how many memory cards am I going to need for my cruise trip?????? A lot!!!!!!!!!!!!

I especially love the parasailing pics. You did a great job with them - very memorable.

OK - bring on that island. I am ready.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #987
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

I went zip lining once in Wisconsin Dells with a big group of my family, I honestly thought they were going to have to push me off of that platform (when I got to to top of the stairs I was seriously questioning my sanity, plus watching my 9 year old child do it added to my anxiety). My child loved the zip line, however he says no way to parasailing! Lol!!!,

Wonder 12/21/08, Dream 03/27/12, Fantasy 07/14/12, Dream 10/07/12, Dream 10/11/12, Fantasy 05/25/13, Magic 12/22/13, Magic 12/27/13, Magic 12/30/13, Fantasy 05/31/14
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #988
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Loved all the photos. Graham and I are both terrified of heights, but in a moment of madness, we signed up for the parasailing and absolutely loved it. It was so calm and peaceful up there. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Jetskis on the other hand I would never ever go near to again. I ended up falling off just in front of the Flying Dutchman and as I have very little upper body strength, I could not get on again. Fortunately I was doing doubles with Graham and he went on and the parasailing boat came to pick me up. I had a fun hour talking to the staff from the tour operator. That is how I knew they are an outside company and where they come from.

It nearly broke my heart that the girls passed up Stitch. He is definitely the second biggest love of my life. I can't wait to see him again.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #989
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

All caught up. Wow. I love looking at all your pictures. Really makes me want to go on a cruise. When I win the lottery. Paying double for just me does not interest me at all!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #990
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridagram View Post
I am only up to Sunday but I have just have to say my Dad has the same temperment as yours.
Thats funny and poor you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
The update lady strikes again!

I love all the updates, nothing better to start your Friday with then LOADS of DREAM and CC pics.
I really enjoy seeing your photos, Jen. And I admire you so much that you get up so early to be able to get up on deck.
We NEVER find out of bed THAT early.
I wish I was really starting my Friday there.

Well don't get used to all the updates, because i don't have anything else written up at all to do more.

I love getting up early on vacation. So much to do and too little time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Jen - I think I have that same crazy part. As cool as parasailing is, I am a bit too scared to try it. But I want to. I'm so torn. It's like being bipolar. Given the expense, its easy for me to disregard something I am terrified of.

Beautiful pictures. Let's see - exactly how many memory cards am I going to need for my cruise trip?????? A lot!!!!!!!!!!!!

I especially love the parasailing pics. You did a great job with them - very memorable.

OK - bring on that island. I am ready.
Exactly! bipolar is a good way to way to describe my feelings on parasailing. And cost is a good excuse for me too.
I can't take credit for those pictures those. Geoff and Pete took all the parasailing ones with Geoff's camera.
I took a lot of memory with me this time. i didn't use it all, but I used A LOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktb2002 View Post
I went zip lining once in Wisconsin Dells with a big group of my family, I honestly thought they were going to have to push me off of that platform (when I got to to top of the stairs I was seriously questioning my sanity, plus watching my 9 year old child do it added to my anxiety). My child loved the zip line, however he says no way to parasailing! Lol!!!,
EEK! Another thing that looks neat and completely scarey too. I think I would need a push as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Loved all the photos. Graham and I are both terrified of heights, but in a moment of madness, we signed up for the parasailing and absolutely loved it. It was so calm and peaceful up there. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Jetskis on the other hand I would never ever go near to again. I ended up falling off just in front of the Flying Dutchman and as I have very little upper body strength, I could not get on again. Fortunately I was doing doubles with Graham and he went on and the parasailing boat came to pick me up. I had a fun hour talking to the staff from the tour operator. That is how I knew they are an outside company and where they come from.

It nearly broke my heart that the girls passed up Stitch. He is definitely the second biggest love of my life. I can't wait to see him again.

Corinna
I do love jet skiing. And ex boyfriend used to own some and we used to go ride them all the time. But that was many years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
All caught up. Wow. I love looking at all your pictures. Really makes me want to go on a cruise. When I win the lottery. Paying double for just me does not interest me at all!
Thanks. Cruising with Disney is really great. I know you would love it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: