Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #1441
jacksgirl
Mouseketeer

Just hangin' out, waiting for news, and watching my ticker move...lol.

2000 - AS Sports; 2009 POP, 2011 POP, 2013 CSR, NEXT TRIP - 2015 CSR CHRISTMAS VACAY
jacksgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #1442
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Well, Disney certainly has their strategy, and it obviously pays off, but they lost my money here with this delay. Not that this year is any different than any other.

For some people, the difference between free dining and not is the difference between taking the vacation or not. Not that I can't afford to go if it isn't free dining, but we just went in January, are going back Jan 2014 and considered an extra trip in there, but as September gets closer, other options start to fill.

We have opted for a 4 day cruise instead of a short Disney trip.
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #1443
ptmmg
DIS Veteran

I agree I have my flights for the last week of August waiting on FD if it doesnt happen we may do the other park and sea world for a change!
ptmmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:04 AM   #1444
gummie22
Earning My Ears

Need FD cause 13 year old "adult" still eats the kids meals

I need FD cause I refuse to pay $40 (or whatever it costs per day for regular DDP) if DS only eats chicken nuggets with grapes and chocolate pudding. Oh and chocolate milk. I am still optimistic - I think next week we will know. Just a gut feeling!

Hopeful (the 8th Dwarf)!
Lorri
gummie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:53 AM   #1445
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummie22 View Post
I need FD cause I refuse to pay $40 (or whatever it costs per day for regular DDP) if DS only eats chicken nuggets with grapes and chocolate pudding. Oh and chocolate milk. I am still optimistic - I think next week we will know. Just a gut feeling!

Hopeful (the 8th Dwarf)!
Lorri
It's $55.59 per night My DS is 10 and he just doesn't eat that much food a day.

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #1446
usd2bmd
DIS Veteran

From everything I have heard it is looking less and less likely that it will be offered this year. Which shocks me... The rumors I am hearing is that the New Fantasyland has people coming. My thinking is that if it is offered it will come out later but for the same time period.
We changed our minds and decided on an 8 day cruise instead. Maybe we will wait til they redo Downtown Disney.
June 2002 - Off-site June 2005 - All-Star Movies Resort** August 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort**September 2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort**August 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside**August 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2010 - Caribbean Cruise/Carnival Liberty**August 2011 - Caribbean Cruise Carnival Liberty**August 2013 - Eastern Caribbean Cruise Carnival Dream

usd2bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #1447
JVelasquez
Loving Disney

We are really hoping for FD to come out but the longer we wait the more I feel like we should just cancel our trip and go somewhere else. It's sad because we really want to go to Disney

The only other way we will be able to go is if we push our trip from Aug to October. We don't want to put any of our trip on credit cards so if we don't get FD at least we would have a few more weeks to save up. The downside to going in October is we would have to take DS out of school (and see if DH and I can get our vacation time approved). So here is a question... Is it a bad idea to take your child out of school for a week for a vacation? Our DS will be in 2nd grade and he's doing good in school and isn't struggling in any areas.

DW DH DS
JVelasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #1448
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVelasquez View Post
We are really hoping for FD to come out but the longer we wait the more I feel like we should just cancel our trip and go somewhere else. It's sad because we really want to go to Disney

The only other way we will be able to go is if we push our trip from Aug to October. We don't want to put any of our trip on credit cards so if we don't get FD at least we would have a few more weeks to save up. The downside to going in October is we would have to take DS out of school (and see if DH and I can get our vacation time approved). So here is a question... Is it a bad idea to take your child out of school for a week for a vacation? Our DS will be in 2nd grade and he's doing good in school and isn't struggling in any areas.
In 2nd grade, I would say take him out, especially if he is not struggling. You can take him to one of the Halloween parties! I think the only time a school would have an issue is if you pulled him during state testing, but I think 2nd grade is too young for those tests...maybe I am wrong.
McKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #1449
JVelasquez
Loving Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post

In 2nd grade, I would say take him out, especially if he is not struggling. You can take him to one of the Halloween parties! I think the only time a school would have an issue is if you pulled him during state testing, but I think 2nd grade is too young for those tests...maybe I am wrong.
Thank you! DH and I have a lot to think about.

DW DH DS
JVelasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #1450
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

1) FD isn't even late yet, so do not despair or lose hope. It was WAY early last year.
2) They just offered a sale for one of their busiest times of year (summer.) Sept. is NOT their busiest time of year. More people MIGHT be going overall due to Fantasyland, but that would only be a percentage.
There WILL be a sale, it might not be FD in name, but there will be a sale, because there always is.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #1451
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
1) FD isn't even late yet, so do not despair or lose hope. It was WAY early last year.
2) They just offered a sale for one of their busiest times of year (summer.) Sept. is NOT their busiest time of year. More people MIGHT be going overall due to Fantasyland, but that would only be a percentage.
There WILL be a sale, it might not be FD in name, but there will be a sale, because there always is.
Agreed! Last year was odd as far as when they released free dining. All years prior it was later, more towards summer before they released the Sept and later deals.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #1452
Tiggeroo
Grammar Nazi
is looking for a funny tag to put under her name
How about..Eats all the peanut butter out of the chocolate ice cream?
Showed BestBuy her Best Pink Lace

Do you book your room now for the time you believe free dining will be offered and then when it comes out upgrade to free dining? I haven't booked a free dining trip in a long time but the last time I did that's how I did it.What are anticipated dates if it happens?

Flamingo Restored by Dan Murphy
Tiggeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #1453
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2inKC View Post

Agreed! Last year was odd as far as when they released free dining. All years prior it was later, more towards summer before they released the Sept and later deals.
Not really. I remember them offering free dining in Dec of 2010 for Aug-Sept of 2011.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #1454
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummie22 View Post

Hopeful (the 8th Dwarf)!
Lorri
I am hoping too! if not, it's $55 a night, but there's no rule saying you have to buy the dining plan. If FD is not offered just pay for your meals OOP if you won't eat that much.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #1455
BlackMagicWoman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post

Not really. I remember them offering free dining in Dec of 2010 for Aug-Sept of 2011.

That was really odd though. I used it that year and I was surprised it was that early. For the last seven years it's consistently been at the end of April/early May, with the exception of the last two years.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: