Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #31
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Does anyone think it's odd that this would be a DVC venture with only 20 units? Or could this be part of a larger plan that eventually includes land-based villas and the possible removal of one Longhouse, as was speculated last summer? Seems those site balloons that were spotted last year wouldn't have anything to do with the bungalows
It would only be a part of the total project, though I heard it was to be Grand Villas.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #32
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

Pretty soon the GF and Poly will touch and merge to become the Grand Polynesian.
CoolPool is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #33
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Does anyone think it's odd that this would be a DVC venture with only 20 units? Or could this be part of a larger plan that eventually includes land-based villas and the possible removal of one Longhouse, as was speculated last summer? Seems those site balloons that were spotted last year wouldn't have anything to do with the bungalows
Oh, I am sure this is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of their long-range planning.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #34
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

It was reported on the DIS podcast. I do think it is part of a much larger plan. This will be the one resort I will buy direct. Having fun reading about all the speculation!

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #35
luvmy2sams
Proud Mommy
Flip flops creep me out!
Drank cowboy kool-aid & now I'm married
Drinks Rattlesnakes and does the 2 Step until 2am!

We've been hoping for something official from Disney regarding Poly DVC for quite awhile now. Our earmarked funds will be plopped down as soon as it happens.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #36
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
Too bad they won't be Swim Up
As Pete would say... "Stay out of the damn lakes!"

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #37
bluecruiser
Mouseketeer

I'm not saying it won't happen since I haven't listened all the way through this week's podcast yet. But there's a big difference in the clear waters below those Bora Bora bungalows and the murky waters of the Seven Seas lagoon. And what about the critters in the waters? I don't think I want to wake up to an alligator or water snake on the dock at my bungalow ...
Old 04-04-2013, 05:23 AM   #38
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka View Post
Perfect! I love it when he says that, but to be honest I don't stay out of the lakes/lagoons, unless those Sea Raycers and boats don't count. Hey, I wonder if the bungalows will each have their own slip?
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:28 AM   #39
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPool View Post
Pretty soon the GF and Poly will touch and merge to become the Grand Polynesian.

Good one! Will the GF doorman be wearing a lei?
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #40
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecruiser View Post
I'm not saying it won't happen since I haven't listened all the way through this week's podcast yet. But there's a big difference in the clear waters below those Bora Bora bungalows and the murky waters of the Seven Seas lagoon. And what about the critters in the waters? I don't think I want to wake up to an alligator or water snake on the dock at my bungalow ...
Maybe each bungalow will have it's own private pool...

I don't understand it either. The whole appeal of over-the-water bungalows are the see-through glass floors revealing the sparkling clear water below and the ability to jump right into the water. I'm not really sure of the appeal to the bungalows over just staying in a theme park view club level room. Both have a view of the same thing. Privacy? I guess. I would think it would be less private with a large ferry and numerous Friendship boats tooting their horns and carrying hundreds of guests by, the hoards of people on the beach before the Electric Water Parade/fireworks, and the rented boats whizzing past.

I am all for Poly DVC, though. I can only rent OKW, BLT, and AKV points for so long!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #41
Kimi313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka View Post

There is a reason he says that, I have seen an alligator while at the boat dock at the Poly, even watched the water police chase him away from the beach area. It says like a cool idea but count me out, the water is too nasty to enjoy and between the gators and snakes well let's just say I'm good.
Hilton '92, Cont '93, Cont '94, POR '95, Poly Lag '96, Cont Tower '97, Off Site '97,Cont Tower '98, WL '99, Poly '00, Poly '00, ASSp '01, Cont '01, Poly '02, GF '03, Cont Tow '04, WL '05, Poly '06, ASMo '07 Poly '07, ASMo '08, Poly '10, Ft Wilderness '11, Beach Club '12, Beach Club NYE, Cont Tow '13, Cont Tow '14

Kimi313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #42
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi313 View Post
There is a reason he says that, I have seen an alligator while at the boat dock at the Poly, even watched the water police chase him away from the beach area. It says like a cool idea but count me out, the water is too nasty to enjoy and between the gators and snakes well let's just say I'm good.
Oh, I know. What's shocking is that you have to tell people that. If it's not a pool or the beach, I am not going anywhere near the water in Florida.

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

Old 04-05-2013, 12:44 AM   #43
Robbi
DIS Veteran

The price will be a kidney, spleen, both legs, 1 arm, and your liver. That's the AP discounted price!
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #44
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
The price will be a kidney, spleen, both legs, 1 arm, and your liver. That's the AP discounted price!
TA! I cannot see us buying any additional points at any new DVC resort given the price they are charging now. Actually, we have enough points for WDW. If we ever add on it will most likely be HHI via resale.

(Me) (DD 12)

Old 04-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #45
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

Count me in, and I will bring a pole and rope to hang some chickens off my balcony to create my own Gator Jumparoo show.

BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: