Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #661
jacobsmom00
DIS Veteran
 
jacobsmom00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 530

Love the parade pictures, looks like so much fun!!
__________________
ME DH DS Sammy
jacobsmom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #662
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran
 
GoofyFan1515's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 632

The Boo To You parade is possibly my favorite Disney parade, but I can't believe you didn't get a "partial" or blurry Headless Horseman pic to post! I don't think I've ever seen someone get a really good one of the HH.

You did get some pretty good pics though! I especially liked some of the ones you got of the castle, and some of the spiderweb/spider ones.

And how exactly did you get them to open the park just for you and your family???

That picture of Sophie was so adorable! Great way for you to start any day I'm sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
By the way, you do know there are some very nice single girls that live here in DIStown, don't you? It would be worth getting to know them to see what might blossom, or if nothing else, you could make some great new friends! They are all such fantastic girls! I think we might need to have a good old-fashioned 'sociable' at the DIStown community center.
GoofyFan1515 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #663
Deffenm
DIS Veteran
 
Deffenm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,433

I am so excited to see your pictures from the Food and Wine Fest and MNSSHP. We are changing our Aug. trip to Oct. so we can enojoy both of these events. Plus this trip will just be a mommy/daughter trip. I am excited to spend time with just my princess (well she is actually more like Stitch then a princess) , however I am a little sad that my boys are getting older and have other things that are more important like hockey and taking the 8th grade trip to washington dc, that they won't be joining us.

As always you get me so excited to plan and make notes of all the things to see, do, eat, and buy.
__________________
Proud Mother to 3 Adopted Blessings
DS (14)
DS (13)
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #664
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
The Halloween party looks like lots of fun. We have never been to a special event before, maybe one day. Do you like the Halloween or Christmas party better?

Thanks for sharing the picture of Sophie. What a cutie!
Having been to Disney World during the Christmas season, I have seen all the things the Christmas Party has to offer - shows, parade, characters, but have not gone to an actual party. The only thing I have missed by doing that would be the free cookies and hot chocolate, and that is no big deal. Most people seem to say they like Not So Scary far and above Very Merry Christmas. I still want to do the actual party someday, though, just to say I did. Maybe it will be on a Thanksgiving trip one of these days.



Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I want to see that parade so bad! Someday....
You need to, and I believe that will happen.



Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Finally, I am all caught up! I enjoyed the out of order trip pictures and how lovely to come home and have visit with your kids. I like five guys but best ever? No. I am truly enjoying all the party pictures, I live that parade and no the boo to you song will have me smiling for the rest of the day.
I think I may have some video clips of it, since I don't have many pictures. I will have to check.



Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsmom00 View Post
Love the parade pictures, looks like so much fun!!
It was a nice evening. I'd be up for a re-do.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
The Boo To You parade is possibly my favorite Disney parade, but I can't believe you didn't get a "partial" or blurry Headless Horseman pic to post! I don't think I've ever seen someone get a really good one of the HH.

You did get some pretty good pics though! I especially liked some of the ones you got of the castle, and some of the spiderweb/spider ones.

And how exactly did you get them to open the park just for you and your family???

That picture of Sophie was so adorable! Great way for you to start any day I'm sure!

The Headless Horseman did not run that night, as the horse had fallen earlier. We were so sad to hear that, but then we did hear that the horse and rider were fine, so that is all that mattered. I do have a picture of a HH run from a previous MNSSHP.

Sophie looks so much like Jill's baby pictures in that pictures. Her face is rounder now, so she still looks like her, but not so, so, so much like her.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffenm View Post
I am so excited to see your pictures from the Food and Wine Fest and MNSSHP. We are changing our Aug. trip to Oct. so we can enojoy both of these events. Plus this trip will just be a mommy/daughter trip. I am excited to spend time with just my princess (well she is actually more like Stitch then a princess) , however I am a little sad that my boys are getting older and have other things that are more important like hockey and taking the 8th grade trip to washington dc, that they won't be joining us.

As always you get me so excited to plan and make notes of all the things to see, do, eat, and buy.
Disney pictures make us long to be there, don't they?

You and your girl will have a blast! I will look forward to seeing your pictures to see me through October and November.
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #665
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran
 
CanadianWDWfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,069

I'm so glad to have had the chance to see the Boo to You parade....it is awesome and I agree with MsAnita that the music is very easy to bob and sing to.

I am ready for Spectromagic to return! Still listening to it in my car!

I am great at getting up for early mornings but not so great at staying in the parks really late...love your pics of the empty streets.

I just bought our flights for NYE tonight.

And I am pretty sure we will be staying at AoA in a Mermaid room. Shhh..don't tell Lexi.

PS. We have Five Guys here and it is one of our favorites. Best burger may have to be at Liberty Tree or Le Cellier though. Yumm!
__________________
CanadianWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #666
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Mndisneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,380

I loved the Boo to You parade! I think it's right up there among my favorites! In my opinion, I had more fun at the MNSSHP than the MVMCP. Our recent October trip was one of our favorites (I seem to say that each time though!).

Great pic of Sophie first thing in the morning! I'd be happy to see that when I woke up too!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:01 AM   #667
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of
 
scottny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 13,479

Great pics and updates.

Can't wait to see what park you go to.

Sorry for the missing pics in the my last post, I thought they went.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #668
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
I'm so glad to have had the chance to see the Boo to You parade....it is awesome and I agree with MsAnita that the music is very easy to bob and sing to.

I am ready for Spectromagic to return! Still listening to it in my car!

I am great at getting up for early mornings but not so great at staying in the parks really late...love your pics of the empty streets.

I just bought our flights for NYE tonight.

And I am pretty sure we will be staying at AoA in a Mermaid room. Shhh..don't tell Lexi.

PS. We have Five Guys here and it is one of our favorites. Best burger may have to be at Liberty Tree or Le Cellier though. Yumm!
A Little Mermaid room will be awesome! I am thinking of trying a suite next spring, if Jill and I make a girls' trip and talk Brandi into coming along. If she doesn't come, Jill and I are about to the point that we need two rooms still with the girls getting bigger, so we could either do two rooms at Pop or two Little Mermaid rooms. The chance that we would get connecting rooms would be lessened, though, so I am a little afraid to take the chance on that. We'll see what happens between now and the time we book the trip.

Yay for having your flight booked!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I loved the Boo to You parade! I think it's right up there among my favorites! In my opinion, I had more fun at the MNSSHP than the MVMCP. Our recent October trip was one of our favorites (I seem to say that each time though!).

Great pic of Sophie first thing in the morning! I'd be happy to see that when I woke up too!
It is one of my favorites, as well. Some people don't like parades, but I do. It's a great chance to get pictures of a lot of characters all at once, and I like the music, too.

I get to see my little Sophie-girl tomorrow evening!




Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great pics and updates.

Can't wait to see what park you go to.

Sorry for the missing pics in the my last post, I thought they went.
Thanks for doing all of those pictures.

I may get an update tonight, but since I have to tutor until five and then pack for Alabama, I might not.
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #669
*dreamit*doit*
Mouseketeer
 
*dreamit*doit*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 472

It's hard to believe Sophie was only weeks old at the time!! So alert! And soooo cute!!!

I love that Boo to You parade!! And, the characters in costume are so fun! We've only done the party once but I hope to do it again soon...maybe not this year but possibly next. Or maybe this year. Who knows! The time we went, someone dressed as Jack Sparrow walked towards me and then past me, I looked at him and thought "wow! That guy really went all out!!" He really looked EXACTLY like him! When we were in line for something later, the CM told me that Johnny Depp was there with his wife and kids...dressed as Jack Sparrow (and she was Snow White, I believe).

Yayyy you're doing a TR on your trip! Great title, too!!
__________________
*dreamit*doit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #670
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
That is cool. I love those spiders. I love the way Tomorrowland is lit up at night, especially during the Halloween party. Very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
And this little munchkin is adorable!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #671
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfan61's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 3,991

Someone mentioned the Headless Horseman. This is one of the pics I got in Oct. 2011

disneyfan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #672
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side
 
Poolrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 8,654

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
By the way, you do know there are some very nice single girls that live here in DIStown, don't you? It would be worth getting to know them to see what might blossom, or if nothing else, you could make some great new friends! They are all such fantastic girls! I think we might need to have a good old-fashioned 'sociable' at the DIStown community center.



__________________
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #673
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side
 
Poolrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 8,654

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Someone mentioned the Headless Horseman. This is one of the pics I got in Oct. 2011

Great shot.
__________________
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #674
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran
 
GoofyFan1515's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post



Hmmmmm...........
GoofyFan1515 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:35 AM   #675
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by *dreamit*doit* View Post
It's hard to believe Sophie was only weeks old at the time!! So alert! And soooo cute!!!

I love that Boo to You parade!! And, the characters in costume are so fun! We've only done the party once but I hope to do it again soon...maybe not this year but possibly next. Or maybe this year. Who knows! The time we went, someone dressed as Jack Sparrow walked towards me and then past me, I looked at him and thought "wow! That guy really went all out!!" He really looked EXACTLY like him! When we were in line for something later, the CM told me that Johnny Depp was there with his wife and kids...dressed as Jack Sparrow (and she was Snow White, I believe).

Yayyy you're doing a TR on your trip! Great title, too!!
She was. She has certainly filled out a lot more now. She's a little round-faced girl with teeth popping through. She laughs and is learning to wiggle her fingers when you say bye-bye. It is fun to watch her develop.

One could spend an entire MNSSHP evening taking pictures of just the guests that are dressed up!

I will do a report. It won't be anything exciting, but it will give me the chance to share Flower & Garden Festival with those who will not see it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That is cool. I love those spiders. I love the way Tomorrowland is lit up at night, especially during the Halloween party. Very cool.

And this little munchkin is adorable!
Things like this are so much cooler in Disney World than they are Real World, too aren't they?

I get to see my little sweetie and her big sisters this evening!



Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Someone mentioned the Headless Horseman. This is one of the pics I got in Oct. 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Great shot.
That is a great picture. Unfortunately on this night, horse and rider had taken a fall earlier, so they were down for the night. We were happy to hear that both were fine, though.







Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Hmmmmm...........
GoofyFan, meet Pat.

Pat, say hey to GoofyFan.

Gawrsh..... .......this matchmaking thing could be a lot of fun.
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: