Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #121
disneylvr4vr
Counting down the days until DISNEY!!!

Here!

If i saw snakes that large, i would need more than those diapers!

Just seeing them on the screen made me jumpy!

I can't wait until we are!!!
WDW-FEB 2008 POR*SEP 2009 POR*FEB 2013 POR*DL-SEP 2011(offsite)

disneylvr4vr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #122
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Ok so I'm joining in!! I followed all along on your TR but think I only posted toward the beginning, I'm really working on my lurker stays

We have the same exact Disney dates!! How cool is that! Maybe we will run into each other! I think your family trip sounds wonderful and what better place to spend quality time with them!

I loved all your resort changes, sounded like me planning our trip but it really was a lot of fun comparing and changing around!! I love CBR and POR/FQ! I had no idea about the roach issue at POR that's where we were thinking of staying next trip in a Royal room!

Your road trip pics are awesome! We live allll the way (lol) up near Albany so no way I'm driving while DD is so little but it looks like you guys have a great time! We only honk thru tunnels up around here if it's a one way tunnel lol! My DF will honk in a parking lot if he's backing up, "just in case" I laugh every time and call him a little old man oh and if I saw those snakes or alligators no thank you!!
Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #123
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

having driven that same road many times those sights look very familiar...hehe cant believe we wont be doing the drive this year, its going to be strange. The thing is too..I hate flying but the 4 yr old is desperate to get on a plane so we will give it a try. I cant see me liking it too much, Im used to taking eveything and the kitchen sink with me in the back of the car. We have made a few "emergency" side of the road stops with the 4 yr old and Ive often wondered about those snakes!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pktbMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #124
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
having driven that same road many times those sights look very familiar...hehe cant believe we wont be doing the drive this year, its going to be strange. The thing is too..I hate flying but the 4 yr old is desperate to get on a plane so we will give it a try. I cant see me liking it too much, Im used to taking eveything and the kitchen sink with me in the back of the car. We have made a few "emergency" side of the road stops with the 4 yr old and Ive often wondered about those snakes!!!
We drive the same stretch you all do but from I-10 all the way from the Texas line. ANyways, we flew last year and it just wasn't the same. Don't get me wrong I really dislike driving but flying wasn't for us. We couldn't pack all the extras because of the airplane and then we had no vehicle to go where we wanted when we wanted. This time we are back to driving. I do hope you enjoy it more than we did!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #125
gopherdame
Mouseketeer

My grandkids also hold their breaths when we go through a tunnel. I don't think my kids ever did so not sure where they learned it. We plan to drive for our trip in Nov. We drove out to Delaware a couple years ago and really enjoyed it so we are trying again. And since we are both retired now we can take it slow and see some country on the way. I wish it wasn't quite so far though. We actually drove down one year with my kids when they were 6, 11, and 12 and they were so good on such a long trip. My mom came with us and wanted to stop for a drink at one point, but since the kids were being so good she didn't say anything. LOL
gopherdame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #126
Chrissi Khris
Earning My Ears

I don't think i would like a road trip that long but, i can hardly stand the 2 1/2 drive to the airport. Then again, you don't have to fly i hate it and its a 9-10 hour flight then another hour drive to get into disney. I hope you don't see any snakes they creep me out.

2002 All star Moives, 2004 All star Moives, 2005 Pop Century, 2007 All star Moives,2008 All star Music, 2009 All star Music.

Chrissi Khris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #127
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

You will Love POFQ! Just watch where you are going near the fountain in the Lobby! LOL, I may have told this before but my sister backed up taking a pic there and went right in! Broke the camera and everything. She wasn't too happy about us laughing at her after it happened but she eventually came around.

Wow! I hadn't heard of the bug infestation, I feel the way about bugs almost the same way that you feel about snakes

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #128
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

I thought of you today when I saw this....

Port Orleans French Quarter Refurb

I hope it's only the check-in that is being refurbed and not the restaurant because we plan on eating there at least once.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:44 AM   #129
SEASONK
Mouseketeer

Joining in, I always enjoy your trip reports. I always honk my horn in tunnels, maybe it is a Louisiana thing.
WL ~ Dec 2010
CBR ~ Oct 2012
SEASONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #130
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissi Khris View Post
I don't think i would like a road trip that long but, i can hardly stand the 2 1/2 drive to the airport. Then again, you don't have to fly i hate it and its a 9-10 hour flight then another hour drive to get into disney. I hope you don't see any snakes they creep me out.
I remember those flights to Disney from the UK. We would fly from Glasgow to Bangor Maine/Orlando, now when we fly that long its just to go back home to visit family. The flight to Disney always seemed shorter on the way there that it did on the way back..lol They always threw us off the plane in Bangor at some awful hour like 4 am in the morning to clear customs and all you could hear was crying babies and grumpy people.. ( me being the grumpiest !! hehe)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pktbMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #131
Chrissi Khris
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
I remember those flights to Disney from the UK. We would fly from Glasgow to Bangor Maine/Orlando, now when we fly that long its just to go back home to visit family. The flight to Disney always seemed shorter on the way there that it did on the way back..lol They always threw us off the plane in Bangor at some awful hour like 4 am in the morning to clear customs and all you could hear was crying babies and grumpy people.. ( me being the grumpiest !! hehe)
Oh i hate a non direct flight i could only fly once in a day. Also, airports make me anxious with all the waiting and big crowds. The flights back always seem longer i think its because its usually a night flight and i can't sleep but everyone else is. But worth it to get to disney

2002 All star Moives, 2004 All star Moives, 2005 Pop Century, 2007 All star Moives,2008 All star Music, 2009 All star Music.

Chrissi Khris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #132
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hey ya'll! It seems as if I am in "I'm sorry" mode lately. I have good excuses though.....getting taxes done (don't have to pay woo! hoo!)...sewing...working on possibly getting the house refinanced....John's working day and night.....etc. etc. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who leads a hectic lifestyle so I'll hush up now.

I'll be replying to all of your posts a little later but wanted to share pictures of the dresses that I finished up for Cindy. They turned out soooooo cute! I love them!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #133
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Those are soooo cute!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #134
SoccerDogWithEars
DIS Veteran

Yaaaayyyy!!!!!! Another Mickeystoontown!!!! Ha...I suddenly just realized I'm now following y'alls PTR, and the TR of FantasylandMom....I need to start finding the rest of MK

Maaan.....I was so hoping y'all would stay at POR. It's my favorite moderate. Just the mansions and the grounds and the fountains....it makes a southern girl very happy. We've stayed there many times, and NEVER had problems with roaches. Never even seen one. But POFQ is a very close second, even with the giant creepy masks in the food court. I am totally advocating you guys staying longer there, but that's just me.

I don't know if we honk the horn when we drive through tunnels. I'm generally trying to hold my breath, which means that my dad is usually slowing down as much as he can to make it difficult, which leads to me kicking his seat and glaring. Obviously, my family is equally strange.

with those snakes!!! Warn a sistah next time...I jumped about 3 feet, even if it was just a picture. Those make me glad we take I-95. Though we do have Cafe Risque at exit 70. They're topless topless topless!! I don't know why, but their signs always list it 3 times. Because, you know, just one topless doesn't do the trick.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #135
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Lisa, you have one of the most "interesting" rides I have ever seen to Disney.

I love the new outfits you made...very cute.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: