Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #121
kylieh
DIS Veteran
 
kylieh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,843

I'm finally adding to this thread - we've booked Qantas. 30 November for 2 and a bit weeks. Apart from return flights to LA we have no idea just yet what we're doing. Strongly thinking of going to NY for a week and spending a few days in DL.

Ooh, and it's a surprise for DD, she doesn't want to know about our next trip until the day we leave!!! She will be 11 when we go, don't know how that will go!

Now I'm off to read all this thread.
__________________
DL May 1976, May 1983, August 1990, September 2008, April 2010, December 2013 | MK / DW May 1978 September 2011
KylieH ; DH; DD Princess & Alice The Bear
kylieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:20 AM   #122
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,073

Welcome. We are leaving on 28/11

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Marlea98 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #123
robinsa88
Earning My Ears
 
robinsa88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 63

My friend Peta and I leave Australia on December 4th.

We are doing the following:
2 nights in Dallas, TX
1 night in Orlando - RPR to do universal!
7 night DCL cruise to the Western Carribean
7 night stay at CSR WDW
5 night stay with friends in VA for Christmas
3 nights in NYC - Times square for New Years!
13 night roadtrip around the snowy North east!!! Including Boston, Maine, Niagara falls, upstate NY, Toronto, Pennsylvania
3 more nights with Friends in VA
3 nights with Friends in Nashville
1 last night in Dallas

Then back to Melbourne for Peta, and Canberra for me!
__________________
Past Trips:
January 2009 - Hong Kong Disney; August 2010 - Disneyland; January 2011 - Mexican Riviera Cruise - Disney Wonder; January/February 2011 - Walt Disney World - 10 nights Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas; February 2011 - Disneyland; July 2012 - Alaska Cruise - Disney Wonder; December 2013 - Western Caribbean Cruise - Disney Fantasy & Walt Disney World - 7 nights Saratoga Springs

robinsa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #124
Jadeey
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 133

My husband (well he'll be my husband by then!) are going on our honeymoon to WDW December 28th - January 18th. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. To be honest I'm far more interested in planning the honeymoon than the wedding. :P
Jadeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:05 AM   #125
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,073

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsa88 View Post
My friend Peta and I leave Australia on December 4th.

We are doing the following:
2 nights in Dallas, TX
1 night in Orlando - RPR to do universal!
7 night DCL cruise to the Western Carribean
7 night stay at CSR WDW
5 night stay with friends in VA for Christmas
3 nights in NYC - Times square for New Years!
13 night roadtrip around the snowy North east!!! Including Boston, Maine, Niagara falls, upstate NY, Toronto, Pennsylvania
3 more nights with Friends in VA
3 nights with Friends in Nashville
1 last night in Dallas

Then back to Melbourne for Peta, and Canberra for me!
Welcome Robinsa88! It's good to see you here

You'll have to tell me how you liked RPR since you'll be there before me. And I'm envious you will be getting to go to Nashville, it's another 'next time' location for us to add to our list.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Marlea98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:06 AM   #126
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,073

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadeey View Post
My husband (well he'll be my husband by then!) are going on our honeymoon to WDW December 28th - January 18th. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. To be honest I'm far more interested in planning the honeymoon than the wedding. :P
Welcome Jadeey. What a great place to honeymoon!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Marlea98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #127
baf65
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 88

cant believe im thinking about booking for november again!! its not definite yet...but considering ive been resaearching flights and villas in orlando, i think it would take a lot to put me off going any further!!
baf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:52 AM   #128
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,073

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf65 View Post
cant believe im thinking about booking for november again!! its not definite yet...but considering ive been resaearching flights and villas in orlando, i think it would take a lot to put me off going any further!!
We won't let you be put off, we are your friendly Disney enablers here Can't wait to hear more about your plans.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Marlea98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:12 AM   #129
Franrose
DIS Veteran
 
Franrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kiwi Queenslander
Posts: 531

Woo hoo, fresh blood! (I mean, more people to share the excitement with!)

Will update the front page tomorrow.

Oh and I can totally understand being more excited about the honeymoon when it's a Disney honeymoon!

And KylieH, I am so excited about having a Sept/Oct 2011er to share the experience with again :D
__________________
DL, WDW... 80s, 90s, 2004, 2011, 2013, ...?

Franrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #130
baf65
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 88

paying for my flights tommorow
repeat of last years trip, but this time my DH wil be coming (he had to cancel 3weeks before we flew out last year due to an unexpected heart op)
departing Perth on 1 Nov direct to Orlando for 3 magical weeks!

Will be staying offsite in a villa, just got to work out which community to stay in
baf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:13 AM   #131
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 90,069

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf65 View Post
paying for my flights tommorow
repeat of last years trip, but this time my DH wil be coming (he had to cancel 3weeks before we flew out last year due to an unexpected heart op)
departing Perth on 1 Nov direct to Orlando for 3 magical weeks!

Will be staying offsite in a villa, just got to work out which community to stay in
Glad DH is feeling a lot better this year and can tag along for the re-do. Enjoy the feeling of having your flights locked in.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #132
platypus67
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 409

We're booked for Dec 9th at WDW for 10 days. We will be flying out around about the 7th or 8th but I'm holding off booking our flights to the US as I'm hoping for a cheaper fare. The lower fares at the moment only go to the 30th Nov which is too early. I'll hold out a little longer but I may just have to pay the higher fare

We will spend Christmas in Canada then be back in LA after Christmas for about a week.
All our US internal flights, car rentals and accommodation are booked.
__________________

WDW Mar77 Day Trip, DLR Dec98 Best Western Pavillions, DLR Mar03 Super 8 Motel, DLR Dec05 Comfort Inn Maingate WDW Dec07 All Star Movies, DLR Oct08 Best Western Anaheim Inn, DLR OCT09 Howard Johnson's, WDW Dec 2010 All Star Music, DLR Dec 2011 Solo Trip Best Western Anaheim Inn DLR Jan 2013 Solo Best Western Anaheim Inn, Dec 2013 WDW All Star Music, Jan 2014 DLR Best Western Anaheim Inn
platypus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #133
ColinA
DIS Veteran
 
ColinA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central Coast, Australia and The Boardwalk
Posts: 552

Quote:
Originally Posted by platypus67 View Post
We're booked for Dec 9th at WDW for 10 days. We will be flying out around about the 7th or 8th but I'm holding off booking our flights to the US as I'm hoping for a cheaper fare. The lower fares at the moment only go to the 30th Nov which is too early. I'll hold out a little longer but I may just have to pay the higher fare

We will spend Christmas in Canada then be back in LA after Christmas for about a week.
All our US internal flights, car rentals and accommodation are booked.
We leave on the 13th or 14th December every year. Have never seen the prices come down, This year we booked as soon as the flights were released and the price has only gone up, the same flights now are nearly a thousand dollars dearer. I would think the 7th December would be similar as this is nearing peak time.
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #134
platypus67
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinA View Post
We leave on the 13th or 14th December every year. Have never seen the prices come down, This year we booked as soon as the flights were released and the price has only gone up, the same flights now are nearly a thousand dollars dearer. I would think the 7th December would be similar as this is nearing peak time.
The season change is generally the 9th of Dec with everything up to the 8th much cheaper. Our usual departure date is this same time but it's looking like they are keeping fares up from the 30th to the 8th at the moment. There was a cheaper fare about 6 weeks ago that went to the 6th but I hadn't decided for sure if we were going to go.

10 years ago I would have considered 2100.00 a bargain but I've kind of got used to paying around $1200.00.
__________________

WDW Mar77 Day Trip, DLR Dec98 Best Western Pavillions, DLR Mar03 Super 8 Motel, DLR Dec05 Comfort Inn Maingate WDW Dec07 All Star Movies, DLR Oct08 Best Western Anaheim Inn, DLR OCT09 Howard Johnson's, WDW Dec 2010 All Star Music, DLR Dec 2011 Solo Trip Best Western Anaheim Inn DLR Jan 2013 Solo Best Western Anaheim Inn, Dec 2013 WDW All Star Music, Jan 2014 DLR Best Western Anaheim Inn
platypus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #135
shushh
DIS Veteran
 
shushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,259

I am another 7-9th Dec departure person hoping for flight prices to drop. Kicking myself that I didn't jump on the cheaper fares for 6th Dec departure. Sigh...
__________________
April 2010 Mediterranean Cruise Disney Magic TR
Dec 2010 WDW, NY, Washington DC TR
Jan 2011 Panama Canal Cruise Disney Wonder TR
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.