Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #16
Mary7116
Mouseketeer

I agree the website has too many colors and just too busy neglecting the basics. Disney spends too much money on design rather than functionality. For instance, the DVC info packet is huge w beautiful photos all which could be condensed into a straight forward booklet no more than 4/5 pages.
Mary7116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #17
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

Actually, I went in yesterday to make a payment and it said it took it but then I logged back in and the amount was the same. I ended up calling Disney anyway to ask and she ended up just taking my payment over the phone. I just hate having to wait on the phone to make a payment and I don't trust the automated system, call me crazy.
CtinaDitty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #18
N365PA
First rule of the bayou: never take directions from a gator.

I love how last week I went to add dining reservations. Everything fine until the final page (after I've selected the time, party, etc.)..."Unavailable at this time." So I call reservations, make the reservation, and then it pops up on my Disney "Experience." They need to get this fixed.
June 29-July 10: Copenhagen-Dover Disney Magic

N365PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #19
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

I'm hoping they fix this before June 5th as that's when I'm supposed to make my ADRs... Come on, Disney! You're better than this!!
CtinaDitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #20
bocaj1431
Mouseketeer

I fully agree the new website is horrible!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #21
OklahomaTourist
Mouseketeer

You can get to your reservation and current balance link via this URL:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations

It will bounce you to the login page; log in, and you'll bounce back to the old reservations page, which should have a link at the top to your current balance and the payment page.

Bookmark it and you won't have to skate through the MDE maelstrom quite so much, hopefully
OklahomaTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #22
dramaticmissy
Mouseketeer

We could not see where to pay online so we had to call every time we made a payment and then they were very slow getting us an email confirmation, because there was two of paying for the trip (we are two mothers taking our kids for Mother's Day) this made it really difficult. Just irritating

June 1976-My first trip!
March 2006 @ POP dd's 2nd birthday
August 2007 @ SSR 11 day trip
November 2008- POP dd's 7th birthday
May 2013 Port of Orleans Riverside- All girls week
dramaticmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #23
Jillscabanastories
Earning My Ears

New website is confusing, really hard to navigate, but kiddos for the eye appeal.
Jillscabanastories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #24
sfbntpc
Earning My Ears

I don't like the new DVC website either it is more similar to the new Disney site, luckily some links take me back to the old DVC site that they have not changed yet. Older one was way more user friendly. Gave the new one a pretty bad review in an online survey.
sfbntpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #25
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepster View Post
I'm sorry. I have to comment because this morning for the first time in 50 trips to WDW I cried while talking to a CM while trying to make a reservation and I feel like a fool but this MDE thing is really, really getting to me.

I've tried to like it use it and learn all the new websites (DVC, AP and MDE) but they keep kicking me out, crashing, not allowing me to make reservations, losing reservations, etc, etc. And now, when trying to make reservations by phone the CM tells me I am not "in my 180 day window". Horse hockey!!!!! In 179 days I will be in my villa at VWL.

I know what I'm doing. I've done it hundreds of times before but how ridiculous it is to have this "new website" shoved down our throats? Aren't we the customers? Believe me, I have talked (rationally and professionally) with guest services and IT and they cannot correct anything.

And then to have them say..."and you have a magical day..." Well, I'm one of those fools who seldom ate off property, never experienced Universal, only been to Sea World once but I know that's going to change on my next trip to Florida.

I'm going to fight back with my lack of dollars in their pockets. The thing is...I don't for a minute think management cares.

Sorry, I'm usually much more upbeat than this. So frustrated.
O my! How ridiculously frustrating!!!!

I can only tell you how I stay un-frustrated....

I stay off the flippin website and screwed app!

I don't give a flying tinker bell about either one! They will only lead to more and more frustration and that is the LAST thing any of us need! So, I've stayed off the website cuz it stinks; the app cuz it doesn't want me to accept its stupid "new TaC" so fine. I don't need it.

We have the ressie confirmation email and printed. Our whopping 3 ADRs are written down (and noted in my phone).

Flight info in confirmation email and printed out.

When we need to pay our balance I will prob call the day before and have the package we booked switched back to room only + tickets (so we loose the $50 ticket discount ) cuz heaven help us we get sucked into the FP+ disaster waiting to happen (unless they ACTUALLY make sure THAT works before they roll it out....

So, God willing, I can stay off the Disney so we can have a magical vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtinaDitty View Post
Actually, I went in yesterday to make a payment and it said it took it but then I logged back in and the amount was the same. I ended up calling Disney anyway to ask and she ended up just taking my payment over the phone. I just hate having to wait on the phone to make a payment and I don't trust the automated system, call me crazy.
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #26
Katmat75
DIS Veteran

It is so frustrating!!! I was trying to price out a vacation with different resorts and dates and it keeps screwing up!!! How am I supposed to try to book a vacation with this site acting like this? agh!!!

August 1999 - CBR, August 2001 - CBR,August 2003 - AS, August 2004 - CBR, August 2005 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, Nov/Dec 2006 - SOG, August 2007 - CBR,August 2009 - CBR Offsite August 2010 ASMu September 2012 ASMu September 2013
Katmat75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #27
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

I can't log in. Despite having used the same email and password for a long time it won't let log in. I thought I was putting in the wrong password so I clicked the link that said reset your password. Nothing happens, no emails, no hints, nothing.

So I booked my trip through a Travel Agent and she is making my dining reservations for me.

We just came home from our 11th trip, a week at Pop Century!
Dreamer & Wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #28
captsparrow
Earning My Ears

I hear you! I have had nothing but trouble with the website. I made dinner reservations and then could see none of them. Had to call down and spent 45 minutes on a phone being transferred around as they said they could fix the problem. Anyhow it does put quite a damper on the whole experience. For a company like Disney I would be a little embarrassed over this
captsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #29
the who #3
DIS Veteran

Smile new web site

i totally agree. i do not like the new site. it is boring and not uplifting or interesting. i loved the old one.
the who #3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:45 PM   #30
MomRN
DIS Veteran

I'll chime in my experience, in case any Disney eyes are reading...

We have stayed on-site the last 3 visits. Typically, I look around at resorts, dates, and prices and then make the jump. Navigating the site was so awful that I started thinking outside of the box and considering other options.

Now, I'm leaning very heavily on driving down, staying offsite, only spending 4days at Disney and spending time at the beach, other area attractions, and possibly Universal/Seaworld.

Basically, I've talked myself into doing more than Disney on vacation this year... and I'm kinda excited!
MomRN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: