DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #151
MagicFan75
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
The movie & campfire sounds like fun. Should I grab s'mores making items from the grocery store, or do they provide it for you?
Great question! I'm looking forward to this answer too. Based on the activity schedules, it doesn't look like they do the campfire every night, so I'm hoping we'll be up for it on Saturday night after a long drive from Atlanta.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #152
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post

ETA: The movie & campfire sounds like fun. Should I grab s'mores making items from the grocery store, or do they provide it for you?

Also, is it worth the $7/day to rent a chair?
VB provides all of the fixins for S'mores! You can even make more than one per person!

Some people stop at WalMart, or one of the Drug stores nearby that carry such things as beach chairs and buy them at a lesser cost than renting.
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #153
mecllap
"Skamps"
Hugh Jackman -- major beefcake!
Once a DIS Sleuth, Always a DIS Sleuth

I'm making my first visit (solo, Inn room) to Vero over Mother's Day weekend on a break from a WDW trip -- checking in May 10, and out May 13 (heading to BWV). Plan to visit some nearby botanic gardens and towns as well as beach relaxing (weather permitting -- this has been a strange year so far, who knows?). Anyone have any Inn room photos posted?
Old 03-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #154
J&K'sPrincessMommy
DIS Veteran

We are considering a trip next Easter in mid-April. During busier times, would the character breakfast happen on a Saturday or would they keep in only Memorial Day- Labor Day?

Old 03-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #155
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&K'sPrincessMommy View Post
We are considering a trip next Easter in mid-April. During busier times, would the character breakfast happen on a Saturday or would they keep in only Memorial Day- Labor Day?
We went last February and they had it on Saturday morning.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #156
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Okay....maybe a silly question...which airport is a shorter drive to VB....WPalm or MCO?? We are booked into WPalm, but the rental car is ridiculously expensive. I can get a much cheaper rate if I buy my passes (for dh) from UT and then book the car through them, but you have to fly into MCO...so after the change fees for air, I would probably end up saving about $40 total.
So will go with the shorter drive....we go to VB first, then drive to MCO and return the car, and take ME to BWV. So, we have to go to MCO after VB anyway. Just don't know which drive is faster??
We are flying into West Palm for the first time on the advice of a DVC owner co-worker. I watched fares for a couple of months, and really they were comparable to flying into MCO. It looks like the commute is comparable.
But the rental car rates for a week were over $100 less from West Palm. I priced Alamo, National and Avis. All were significantly less directly at West Palm than MCO.
That is what we went with, but I am also looking forward to a smaller, less busy airport.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #157
dwelty
"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney

We had our first visit to Vero Last October. We stayed 3 nights and spent the last 4 at WDW. My family was not happy to leave VBR, and would have liked to spend the whole week there. Last month we were able to secure 5 days in a beach cottage the first week in October (a full week after the 7 month window opened) and could not be happier. The weather in October in Vero is just about perfect for us. It will be our family of 4 plus BIL,SIL,MIL, and FIL. Any feedback on the cottages would be appreciated...

Old 04-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #158
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecllap View Post
I'm making my first visit (solo, Inn room) to Vero over Mother's Day weekend on a break from a WDW trip -- checking in May 10, and out May 13 (heading to BWV). Plan to visit some nearby botanic gardens and towns as well as beach relaxing (weather permitting -- this has been a strange year so far, who knows?). Anyone have any Inn room photos posted?
Added you to the rollcall

Old 04-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #159
job09
Mouseketeer

Just back from VB, wonderful trip. Highlights: Loved using my Disney Dollars at the poolside Grill, loved the bucket of beer boiled shrimp 11.99 for a full pound of large fresh shrimp! Crab cake sandwich for 8.99 very good and real crab. The weather was perfect. We had to be at the pool at 8am when it opened to get a spot in the shade but it was worth it, spent the whole day there. The my twins enjoyed the UnBirthday party, it is free for the first 30 kids who sign up the day of the party, they had gift bags and a pinata and played party games it is for 10 and under. We saw 1 turtle swimming in the ocean, a drunk foolish guy tried to pick it up to show his kids, luckily it got away. They had a fun Easter egg hunt and gave the kids tons of candy. While we were there they resodded the lawn in front of the back entrance. Brave was the outdoor movie. The beach looks great, we could walk/run for a long distance. The water was a beautiful blue and very calm. Someone just gave us their beach chairs and we had fun giving them to a very happy family when we left. Remeber to bring your DVC membership card won't give you the discount without it even though it says on your key to the world card DVC member (live and learn). Got stuck in bldg 12 again but this time we were in the front facing the beach cottage, better view than the parking lot. Have a great trip we did! We went after the 4 day Disney Dream Cruise, it was so perfect to go to VB and just chill after that busy cruise!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #160
MagicFan75
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by job09 View Post
Just back from VB, wonderful trip. Highlights: Loved using my Disney Dollars at the poolside Grill, loved the bucket of beer boiled shrimp 11.99 for a full pound of large fresh shrimp! Crab cake sandwich for 8.99 very good and real crab. The weather was perfect. We had to be at the pool at 8am when it opened to get a spot in the shade but it was worth it, spent the whole day there. The my twins enjoyed the UnBirthday party, it is free for the first 30 kids who sign up the day of the party, they had gift bags and a pinata and played party games it is for 10 and under. We saw 1 turtle swimming in the ocean, a drunk foolish guy tried to pick it up to show his kids, luckily it got away. They had a fun Easter egg hunt and gave the kids tons of candy. While we were there they resodded the lawn in front of the back entrance. Brave was the outdoor movie. The beach looks great, we could walk/run for a long distance. The water was a beautiful blue and very calm. Someone just gave us their beach chairs and we had fun giving them to a very happy family when we left. Remeber to bring your DVC membership card won't give you the discount without it even though it says on your key to the world card DVC member (live and learn). Got stuck in bldg 12 again but this time we were in the front facing the beach cottage, better view than the parking lot. Have a great trip we did! We went after the 4 day Disney Dream Cruise, it was so perfect to go to VB and just chill after that busy cruise!
Great update and thanks for the DVC member card tip! We leave tomorrow for two nights at VB and can't wait. The fresh shrimp sound AWESOME!

Old 04-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #161
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by job09 View Post
Oh his sounds wonderful!

I am glad the turtle got away. Creatures lose when they come in contact with humans. Why can't people just let them be!!!!??
Old 04-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #162
backyardponder
DIS Veteran

Bump
Old 04-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #163
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Okay....maybe a silly question...which airport is a shorter drive to VB....WPalm or MCO?? We are booked into WPalm, but the rental car is ridiculously expensive. I can get a much cheaper rate if I buy my passes (for dh) from UT and then book the car through them, but you have to fly into MCO...so after the change fees for air, I would probably end up saving about $40 total.
So will go with the shorter drive....we go to VB first, then drive to MCO and return the car, and take ME to BWV. So, we have to go to MCO after VB anyway. Just don't know which drive is faster??
In nov of last year, we went to Vero after WDW. So we flew into mco and out of WPB. I think they are fairly similar in distance. I found WPB easier to navigate although less than thrilled with choices for a meal. It's time we are going to Vero prior to WDW, so we are using mco both ways to make the rental car thing easier. I can't wait!!! I think we saved a fair chunk of change by flying out of WPB.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #164
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Bump

Old 04-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #165
MagicFan75
Mouseketeer

Hi All! We really enjoyed our one day & two nights at VB prior to our cruise. Below is a quick recap:

Saturday night - We checked in to our deluxe inn ocean view room, which was on the corner closest to the beach facing the pool, so we had a great view of the ocean too. Then we had dinner outside at the Green Cabin Room and really enjoyed the ocean view, super yummy sangria, and great dinner. We hit the pool for a few minutes and then went to the campfire, which was pretty crowded, especially when it came time to hand out the smores stuff. I don't know if that was due to it being around spring break or on a Saturday, but bring your patience to stand in line getting marshmallows with roasting stick and then again for chocolate and graham crackers.

Sunday - We had breakfast in the room before heading to the pool. We got to the pool around 8:30 AM and we were the only ones there for a while. The kids played in the pool and on the Tiger Lily pirate ship. We chose a table with an umbrella in between the pool and the Tiger Lily and that ensured that we stayed in the shade all day. Throughout the day, we had lunch from Bleachers poolside, played a round of mini-golf, enjoyed the water slide over and over again, and checked out the beach for a little while too. We went off property for a yummy seafood dinner at Squid Lips in Sebastian (http://www.squidlipsgrill.com/), which we would recommend. After dinner, we checked out a movie from Island Grove Packing Co and watched it while we were all in bed. We noted that they had a huge selections of movies that were nicely separated by ratings.

Monday - Checked out around 8:30am and headed to Miami to board the Disney Wonder. The drive took a little more than 2.5 hours, and we were on board by noon!

Hope this helps and let me know if anyone has any questions.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: