Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #16
SweetAlex
Mouseketeer

A few things that my kids loved in Carsland... other than the obvious RSR of course:

1) Collecting buttons. They hand them out most places in Carsland. We got them at Flos each time we ate there and at Cozy Cones. By the end of our trip, both girls had every single button. They enjoyed collecting them.

2) DJ - He comes out with a crew of dancers several times a day. It's very cool at night as he lights up like crazy. The dancers like to include young crowd watchers too.

3) Don't miss Mater's Tractors! We heard of so many people who "didn't bother" because it didn't look like much fun. We all loved it and rode it at least 5 times. Lines tend not to be long on this too. The music so so cheeky.

4) Town "light up" - if you hit Carsland at dusk (CMs know what time this is), you can watch them light up the town. It's pretty neat to see. Plus Carsland is 10x more beautiful at night. It's amazing!

5) Meet and greet with Mater and Lightning. One of them is almost always at the Cozy Cone. Line moves fast and for the little Cars fans, it is so exciting when they actually talk to them.

6) Cozy Cone treats. My dh and kids loved the ice cream. I couldn't get enough of the pretzel bites with cheese. They were so soft and yummy!

7) Flo's kids waffles breakfast. We all had this two days in a row. The waffles are so tasty and the bacon and fruit are perfect side kicks. Cheap too.

8) I second (third?) taking the walkway between the wharf and Carsland, especially at night. There are beautiful photo spots there and very little people. There is often a photopass photographer there too. They took our favorite picture from our trip there.

Last edited by SweetAlex; 04-04-2013 at 02:54 PM.
SweetAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #17
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

I was thinking the other day, trying to list all the Cars 2 references in Cars Land. I came up with just 4.

1. Sir Tow Mater sign -- Pathway near LFT exit

2. Picture of Shu Todoroki -- LFT Queue

3. A couple images of Francesco Bernoulli -- LFT Queue

4. A line in the son "Let's Go Driving", which plays as one of the 7 Mater songs at MJJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvZZf3i77VQ
"I was a spy for the good guys,
A hero in England and France."

Any others?
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #18
GenGen22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichau View Post
I have never been to Ridemakerz but it's on our list this year. I enjoyed this post:

http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/03/03/ridemakerz/

The LEGO store in DTD is AMAZING! Even if you just look at the LEGO statues outside. I think in the Star Wars gift shop you can make your own lightsaber (if your kids like Star Wars). I also recommend the Jedi Academy show - my DD is horrified at the idea of participating in the show but desperately wants to see it every day we are there.

I've heard about a Cars Meet and Greet but don't really get how that works. Also not sure if the Cars characters are in the Pixar Parade?

Would they enjoy getting collecting autographs from other characters? It would be a way for them to learn more about them but if they aren't interested probably not the best idea. I've been reading up about pin trading myself, I'm sure someone will pass on info about that.

I would wait to buy ears until you are there mostly because I find the "looking for ears" to be part of the fun. There are just so, so many choices.

Have fun!!
Thanks for sharing this.. I loved the link about Ridemakerz... Now I'm considering it!!!

Summer Vacations:
DL offsite 1976 & 1979, DL Best Western Raffles 2004 & 2005, DL Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park 2010 & 2014, DL Hampton Inn & Suites 2013
Christmas time Vacations:
DL Embassy Suites Anaheim South 2009, WDW POP Century 2011
GenGen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #19
buttahflyzslk02
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenGen22 View Post
Thanks for sharing this.. I loved the link about Ridemakerz... Now I'm considering it!!!

Omg my hubby and my son will love doing this!! I bet I can convince my hubby to do this for him and my son and I can do BBB for our daughter I think this is a good trade off
buttahflyzslk02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #20
TigerlilyAJ
DIS Veteran

If you stay at a DLR hotel, you can do RideMakerz on certain mornings before the store even opens, so a quiet, non-crowded, personal session with your kids and any others from the three hotels who signed up. My three sons did this, and it was just us and a bro-sis pair with their parents. So we all got lots of attention from the staff. After all, we're all there definitely to buy and there's no one else but you, so we got a special experience.

DJ's dance parties are a lot of fun, and kids are invited to dance right next to fim with the girls. So, an extroverted child can have a lot of fun getting right in the mix.

In November, we were disappointed to discover that there was no Lightning or Mater in the Pixar parade, maybe because they're almost always in Radiator Springs now or we just saw it on a weird day.

If you guys collect lots of Cars 1:55 diecast vehicles, watch out for your wallet at Sarge's Surplus in CL. The store features both hard-to-find characters (we got the Popemobile, who has his own name, in November, which became a lot more fun in the past month) and DLR exclusives like RSR cars like the ones in which you ride and Lightning in Mickey ears and Mater in a Goofy hat.
Also at Sarge's: the Carsland CD. We LOVE this, the 3yo requests it daily. The songs from Mater's Junkyard Jamboree are all there, and they are really clever. It also is such a fond memento of our time there. I only wish they had sold a CD of the altered Christmas songs you can hear in CL at Holiday time.
TigerlilyAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #21
buttahflyzslk02
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenGen22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerlilyAJ View Post
If you stay at a DLR hotel, you can do RideMakerz on certain mornings before the store even opens, so a quiet, non-crowded, personal session with your kids and any others from the three hotels who signed up. My three sons did this, and it was just us and a bro-sis pair with their parents. So we all got lots of attention from the staff. After all, we're all there definitely to buy and there's no one else but you, so we got a special experience.

DJ's dance parties are a lot of fun, and kids are invited to dance right next to fim with the girls. So, an extroverted child can have a lot of fun getting right in the mix.

In November, we were disappointed to discover that there was no Lightning or Mater in the Pixar parade, maybe because they're almost always in Radiator Springs now or we just saw it on a weird day.

If you guys collect lots of Cars 1:55 diecast vehicles, watch out for your wallet at Sarge's Surplus in CL. The store features both hard-to-find characters (we got the Popemobile, who has his own name, in November, which became a lot more fun in the past month) and DLR exclusives like RSR cars like the ones in which you ride and Lightning in Mickey ears and Mater in a Goofy hat.
Also at Sarge's: the Carsland CD. We LOVE this, the 3yo requests it daily. The songs from Mater's Junkyard Jamboree are all there, and they are really clever. It also is such a fond memento of our time there. I only wish they had sold a CD of the altered Christmas songs you can hear in CL at Holiday time.

Thanks for this info we are staying on site so I will check into this.
buttahflyzslk02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #22
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
I was thinking the other day, trying to list all the Cars 2 references in Cars Land. I came up with just 4.

1. Sir Tow Mater sign -- Pathway near LFT exit

2. Picture of Shu Todoroki -- LFT Queue

3. A couple images of Francesco Bernoulli -- LFT Queue

4. A line in the son "Let's Go Driving", which plays as one of the 7 Mater songs at MJJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvZZf3i77VQ
"I was a spy for the good guys,
A hero in England and France."

Any others?
I know of a few more:

* When in the queue for Luigi's Flying Tires, in the second room there are bulletin boards with all sorts of stuff on them. Amongst the various things are Luigi's pit passes for the races at the World Grand Prix.

* There's a Finn McMissile autographed photo inside Luigi's Casa Della Tires.

* Lightning McQueen decked out for the World Grand Prix.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #23
Dramamama
Mouseketeer

Look in the windows of the "lobby" of the Cozy Cone Motel. There is a visual reference to a scene in Toy Story 2 that involves street cones.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DL - 1972, 1980, 1983, 1984, 1986, 5x 1987 (AP),5x 1988 (AP), 2x 1989, 2x 1990, 1992, 2x 1994, 2x 2005, 5x 2006 (AP), 2x 2007, 2x 2010, 4x 2011, 3x 2012, 4x 2013 // WDW-1999, 2009, 2012 // DCL- MR 2011, MR 2011

Dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #24
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerlilyAJ View Post
Mater was in the parade on a Saturday in March, but I don't remember Lightning being there. So either they've brought one of them back for the end, or else I saw it on a weird day!
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #25
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

I second the Cars Land CD! It's awesome!! And I too wish they had sold the Xmas version too. Maybe this year!

And I also agree with Sarges! My boys quickly figured out it was filled with all of the stuff they LOVE and we could never go past without walking in! They do have some cheaper souvenirs (for Disney) like a RSR flag, and the small die cast. We got them a flag and a die cast of the RSR ride vehicle. They love them!
crystal1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #26
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal1313 View Post
I second the Cars Land CD! It's awesome!!
Although I wish they would have put the Mater 90 second versions of songs 2 and 3 on there, since those versions do play during Mater's Junkyard Jamboree rides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52qUqtroFEY

Quote:
This song is actually not on the album DCA is selling. This is an extra song from the Mater's Junkyard Jamboree attraction. Enjoy!
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #27
chaunacey
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all your suggestions in this thread. I think we were able to experience most of them. We did miss that great Radiator Springs mural though. We might also have missed out on riding RSR at night b/c we couldn't time our FP times return times right, but as I posted in another thread, RSR broke down while we were on it on our last day and our "breakdown" passes allowed us to walk straight on the ride through the exit late that night. We ordered cocktails from Cozy Cone in preparation for a long wait and ended up having to chuck them in the trash bin nearly full. The kids felt like total VIPs in their pajamas. It was an experience they will not forget.

We feel like we are still on vacation b/c of the Carsland CD on constant rotation. This was our favorite souvenir for sure.
chaunacey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: