Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #1
kokomos
Mouseketeer

Summer Bay resort

I've searched the forum and looks like most people enjoy the resort and were only going to US for 3 days so i was looking for a place to relax and the kids to have fun. If you have stayed or familiar with the area. Are there any restaurants, grocery stores close by?
kokomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
shoney
DIS Veteran

It been about 6 years since we stayed there, but we really liked it. It had a lot of activities for the kids.

There was a publix right next door.

there are lots of chain restaurants in that area.

If you want the "better" chains, like Bahama Breeze, Seasons 52, Tutu tango, etc, you need to drive to the I-drive area.
shoney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
rdevine10
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them- Walt Disney

We stayed at Summer Bay about 5 years ago. We really enjoyed the resort. We liked the pools, etc. The area was a little more remote from Disney than I prefer, but it worked well for that trip! I did a review many years ago here on the DIS. I dont think the pictures show up anymore, but I do remember liking it more than the AK that year!
Too many childhood trips to count. 9/00- ASMovies, 5/05- Pop, 9/06- Pop, 9/07- Pop, 5/08-AKL & Summer Bay, 9/08- Pop, 4/09-Nick Hotel & Caribe Royal, 4/10-Bonnet Creek, 9/10- Pop, 4/11 Disney Dream Cruise-4night (Nassau & Castaway Cay x 2) & Bonnet Creek, 4/12 Carnival Legend Cruise (Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize & Cozumel) & CBR, 4/13- Bonnet Creek 8/13- Daytona Beach, RCCL Enchantment of the Seas (Nassau & Coco Cay) & Art of Animation! 4/2014- Carnival Freedom (Key West, Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman) & Caribe Royal 7/14- Daytona Beach & Holiday Inn Resort Lake Beuna Vista 8/14- Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, Bahamas

rdevine10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
kokomos
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies since we aren't going to Disney this trip and looking for the resort to be part of our vacation it should perfect fit for this trip. I still have Bonnet Creek booked for early Nov when I really want to go to Disney
kokomos is offline   Reply With Quote