DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:06 PM   #3496
Junebugwv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
We had the same thing when we transfered our RCI into OKW. I called, and they said it is just their way of tracking payment method.
As long as they know what it means, I'm fine with it. This is our 4th time exchanging into a DVC villa with RCI. Loved BCV, VWL, and SSR. I'm sure OKW will be great.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #3497
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twende View Post
We are hoping to get a 3 Bdrm Grand Villa for a week starting Nov.10. We have to wait for the 7 month window. I am nervous that we will not be able to get one.

I love the flavor of OKW. It is such a relaxing resort.
We are SSR owners, but had good luck acquiring an OKW GV during the week you are going. I think we may have had to go on the waitlist, but it come through. Good luck!

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #3498
mkarizona
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebugwv View Post
If I understand correctly, the HH area is a booking category for DVC members. I used RCI to exchange to OKW for September and the confirmation I received gives all the correct info concerning the date and bedroom size, but it also has a unit number: 14S

Does that mean we have been assigned building 14?

We have exchanged in the past and have also rented through Dis DVC members (awesome experiences!) but I don't remember having an assigned unit.
"14" should be the code for a 1 bedroom unit and "S" refers to the check in day
Old 04-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #3499
Junebugwv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarizona View Post
"14" should be the code for a 1 bedroom unit and "S" refers to the check in day
Thanks!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:42 AM   #3500
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Staying on ground level

Hey folks
We will be at OKW in a few weeks and most times we get a 2nd floor, last trip we got a 3rd floor, thats a stretch with all that luggage, stuff, etc.
Does it tend to be noisy on ground floor?
Old 04-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #3501
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

We love the top floor...even after a long day at the park and carrying strollers and two tired kiddos up those stairs...relatively no noise...and the views and quiet on the balcony can't be beat!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #3502
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Does it tend to be noisy on ground floor?
It depends upon the upper floor occupants. For many years Mom & I requested ground floor because she had some mobility issues. Most of the time we never heard the people above us, but there were exceptions, especially if they had several kids.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Old 04-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #3503
Shazzie B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
We love the top floor...even after a long day at the park and carrying strollers and two tired kiddos up those stairs...relatively no noise...and the views and quiet on the balcony can't be beat!
As DS is now 20 I'm hoping he'll return the favour of years ago & carry a tired Mom up the stairs!!!

May 2002 All Star Movies; May 2003 La Quinta 192; Dec 2004 Nikki Bird; April 2006 Holiday Inn & Dolphin Beach, St. Petes; Aug 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge; Aug 2008 Coronado Springs; Aug 2009 Highlands Reserve & Animal Kingdom Lodge; Oct 2010 Best Western Lakeside; Oct 2012 Arcadia Gardens; Sept 2013 Old Key West;Sept 2014 Transatlantic on Magic

Old 04-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #3504
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Thanks for the replies folks! It sounds like a crap shoot about the noise.

Shazzie Im with you on that kids carrying me up the steps
Old 04-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #3505
DISNEYDUET
Will sing for Mickey Bars and Dole Whips! Oh and extra DVC points!

*SIGH* Well folks, I am coming over here to see about some help. We are adding travelers to our vacation in November and I have to give up my coveted BCV reservation. Looking to stay at OKW and need to know the best buildings and what not! I'm not as upset as my fiance. He doesn't do busses (gets car sick) so will have to drive everywhere. What can I tell him to give him a little ray of sunshine??

Old 04-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #3506
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYDUET View Post
*SIGH* Well folks, I am coming over here to see about some help. We are adding travelers to our vacation in November and I have to give up my coveted BCV reservation. Looking to stay at OKW and need to know the best buildings and what not! I'm not as upset as my fiance. He doesn't do busses (gets car sick) so will have to drive everywhere. What can I tell him to give him a little ray of sunshine??
The best place in WDW to just relax and get away from the mobs in the theme parks. The porches are wonderful. Large and a good place to sit and watch the golfer or whatever else you see out there. Large, large rooms. Full sized washer and dryer instead of stackables. Love seat and a sleeper sofa and the sleeper chair in the one bedroom and larger living rooms.

We've stayed on South Point, Millers Road and Turtle Pond and enjoyed every place.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #3507
glaserjm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A word of caution..not sure when in November you're going, but OKW is not available on November 7th. We are on the waiting list but as of now, we are having to jump over to SSR for a night. Not sure if this effects your trael plans or not, but wanted to give you a heads up!

Old 04-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #3508
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are owners there and really have not had a "bad" location ever (since '99). Currently we prefer HH but then we never have a car so enjoy the proximity to Olivia's, etc. The rooms are huge compared to the other resorts and, of course, the boat to Downtown Disney is a big plus for us. Really the bus service is very good and OKW is very close to Epcot & Hollywood Studios so travel time is minimal. Even to MK & AK takes no more than 15-20 min. I am sure there are others that can give you more location info. Oh, you could always park at Epcot and take monorail to MK and use the International Gateway and take the boat to HS. This gives you access to 3 of the 4 parks. This is assuming you have park hoppers or APs. Have a great time!

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Old 04-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #3509
DISNEYDUET
Will sing for Mickey Bars and Dole Whips! Oh and extra DVC points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaserjm View Post
A word of caution..not sure when in November you're going, but OKW is not available on November 7th. We are on the waiting list but as of now, we are having to jump over to SSR for a night. Not sure if this effects your trael plans or not, but wanted to give you a heads up!
Oct 31-Nov 6. Leaving long before that crazy weekend! Veterans day holiday, Wine and Dine half marathon AND the final weekend of Food and Wine Festival.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #3510
"Ginger"
Sailing, sailing away is where I want to be....

Halloween at OKW

We're excited, got 2 - 2 bedrooms at OKW 10/30-11/6.

Can't wait till they announce Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party dates.

I've been watching Southwest for airfares from BWI To MCO.
#1 "WONDER" 12/05/99. 3 days the start of it all the rest were 7 days or longer.
#2 "MAGIC" 09/20/00
**DVC MEMBERS** 10/2000
#3 "MAGIC" 01/17/01
#4 "MAGIC" 10/27/2001 "HALLOWEEN"
#5 MAGIC" 10/26/2002 "HALLOWEEN" #6 "MAGIC" 10/25/2003 "HALLOWEEN"
#7 "MAGIC" 10/30/2004 "HALLOWEEN"
#8 "MAGIC" 08/20/2005 Panama Canal
#9 "MAGIC" 10/28/2006 "HALLOWEEN"
#10 "MAGIC" 10/04/2008 cruising w/GiGi
#11 "Dream" 01/22/2012 Family reunion
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread