Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #406
swimfly
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 464

The 1800 is strictly for pre-registration. Don't fret.
__________________

swimfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #407
Shang Runner
Earning My Ears
 
Shang Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Shangri-La, Indiana
Posts: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by John VN View Post
Total inept individual when it comes to the computer but DW has been trying to get me in for Dopey and has not had any luck. We have Disney Visa and she has found nothing for registration. What is the secret if anyone can help.

Thank you.

McFlurry John
Here's the link that I used:

http://www.active.com/framed/event_d...ent_id=2064676

The promotion code is the first four digits of the Disney Visa card. Hope it helps.
__________________
2009 - WDW Half Marathon
2010 - WDW Full Marathon
2010 - Hershey Half Marathon
2011 - WDW Half Marathon
2011 - Gettysburg Full Marathon
2011 - Disneyland Half Marathon
2011 - Coast-to-Coast
2011 - Gettysburg Half Marathon
2012 - WDW 5K, Half, and Full Marathon (Goofy- unofficial Dopey)
2012 - DC Rock n Roll Half Marathon
2012 - Pittsburgh Half Marathon
2013 - WDW Half and Full Marathon (Goofy)

"If triathlons were any easier, they would be called FOOTBALL!"
Shang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #408
JoeKir
Mouseketeer
 
JoeKir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Whitehorse
Posts: 110

Ok, So no one got back to me so I decided to just see if that link worked - and it did. It says I'm registered and seen as how I'm from Canada I'm definitely not a Visa Card Holder, and I don't have a DVC membership or an annual pass. Looks like anyone can use that link to register.
__________________
2011: WDW: Married at Polynesian, stayed at Coronado.
2012: DL: March, WDW: August (All Star Movies)
2013: TBD!! August?
2014: Registered for Dopey Challenge!
Inspire Fit Living Facebook Page
Dopey Challenge Training Group - looking for friends to run with us!
JoeKir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #409
camandjacksmom
Mouseketeer
 
camandjacksmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 261

The hubby and I are registered using the Disney visa link!!! Dopey here we come!!!
__________________

Me : DH DS(15) DS (11)

October 2014-TBD and Girls Cruise!!!January 2014-POR,January 2013-POR,September 2012-POR,February 2012- POR,June 2011-POR,October 2010- Off Site,January 2010- Off Site,June 2009-Disneyland,January 2009-Off Site,December 2008- Off Site,Dec 2007-Off Site,June 2001- Disneyland, May 2001- Fort Wilderness, Dec 1998-Disneyland
camandjacksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #410
John VN
DIS Cast Member
N.Y. Style CHEESECAKE RULES!
Old Paramus Boy
 
John VN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fl
Posts: 4,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shang Runner View Post
Here's the link that I used:

http://www.active.com/framed/event_d...ent_id=2064676

The promotion code is the first four digits of the Disney Visa card. Hope it helps.
THANK YOU!!!!!

McFlurry John

Haines City 70.3 next month
Sprints in July and August
IMFL Panama City Beach in November
Space Coast Half Marathon in November
some others thrown in for good measure and

2014 Official DOPEY after 2011, 2012 and 2013 unofficial Dopey events
John VN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #411
Binkrin
Mouseketeer
No longer tagless
Thank goodness I am not a weirdo. I was starting to think so...
 
Binkrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 641

All registered!!
I was pretty nervous to click on the register button, but it's done.

I am so excited!
__________________
Me DH - DD (3) and (1)
Binkrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #412
sunshine girl
DIS Veteran
 
sunshine girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Once a Floridian, always a Floridian (but currently elsewhere)
Posts: 1,046

Oh dear. I am not ready to commit yet! I just did the marathon, which was great, but this Dopey thing and new 10k are throwing me for a loop.

I think I might be priced out of the Dopey, though.

(I did get the Disney Visa announcement today in my email, but never got a passholder announcement, if there was one. I never got a single email from RunDisney prior to the marathon, even though I was signed up well in advance, so I don't have a good impression of the reliability of their communication!)
__________________
sunshine girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #413
sunshine girl
DIS Veteran
 
sunshine girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Once a Floridian, always a Floridian (but currently elsewhere)
Posts: 1,046

Ok, I am ready to commit now ... no Dopey for me, but I am going to do the 10k and the half. Can that combo have a name too? Gotta get that 10k registration in now as I agree I think that one will sell out super quick.

For 2015... if Dopey is still an option, I'm in!

I see they're offering women's sizes on the shirts. Now I have no idea what size to get! Going to have to go with a women's large and hope it isn't ginormous. Women's sizing in race shirts always seem to run small, so.... we'll see.
__________________

Last edited by sunshine girl; 04-04-2013 at 03:02 PM.
sunshine girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #414
mickeycoffee
Drinking Myself All Day
 
mickeycoffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmer1rick View Post
Good news.. Talked to RunDisney this am about this. RW challenge will not automatically be in Corral A or B (unless their proof of time supports it). They said last year someone made a promise of A or B so they had to go with it.. not this year.

What they said will happen this year is that "preferred corral" actually means that you will be moved up 1 maybe 2 corrals from the proof of time you submit. If you submit no proof of time, you will be moved up 1 or two corrals from your estimate.

I think this is a much smarter way to do it.
This conflicts with what I just read on the RW Challenge member forum in that it is their understanding that all Challengers will be privately escorted to corral B and at that point it will be their choosing if they decide to drop to a lower corral or remain in corral B for the start.

Either way, it looks like the RWChallenge population will be relatively tiny so that any possibility of inappropriate course crowding would be negligible.
mickeycoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #415
bmer1rick
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 638

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeycoffee View Post
This conflicts with what I just read on the RW Challenge member forum in that it is their understanding that all Challengers will be privately escorted to corral B and at that point it will be their choosing if they decide to drop to a lower corral or remain in corral B for the start.

Either way, it looks like the RWChallenge population will be relatively tiny so that any possibility of inappropriate course crowding would be negligible.
Interesting.. Wonder where they got their info b/c I spoke to a manager at RunDisney who explained it to me. Guess we will just have to wait and see... maybe I got my hopes up prematurely.

I hope they don't let them all into B. Last year I submitted a 4:45 Proof of Time and was in C. For both the half and the full, I started running into several runners from B before mile marker 1 (before the first photo stop) and they started 7 mins before us.

Last edited by bmer1rick; 04-04-2013 at 02:39 PM.
bmer1rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #416
WhereInFlorida
More Disney = A better day
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmer1rick View Post
Interesting.. Wonder where they got their info b/c I spoke to a manager at RunDisney who explained it to me. Guess we will just have to wait and see... maybe I got my hopes up prematurely.

I hope they don't let them all into B. Last year I submitted a 4:45 Proof of Time and was in C. For both the half and the full, I started running into several runners from B before mile marker 1 (before the first photo stop) and they started 7 mins before us.

I was up at the front when the RW Challengers came in this year, there were about 50 or so runners. Small number in comparison to those who put down faster qualifying times to move up corrals.
WhereInFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #417
bmer1rick
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 638

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereInFlorida View Post
I was up at the front when the RW Challengers came in this year, there were about 50 or so runners. Small number in comparison to those who put down faster qualifying times to move up corrals.
Soooo true.. and don't forget the corral jumpers. I must have seen 50 - 100 slide in the sides of Corral B (and those were only the ones I saw). I can't even count the number of runners with C bibs or lower that I saw walk past C. Hopefully Disney will do a better job controlling corrals b/c I am sure all those I ran into were not RW challenge participants.

My intent was not to signal out the RW Challenge participants, but to hope that they would do a better job of ensuring runners are in a corral that corresponds to what they actually run.
bmer1rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #418
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet
 
jeanigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Posts: 14,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmer1rick View Post
Soooo true.. and don't forget the corral jumpers. I must have seen 50 - 100 slide in the sides of Corral B (and those were only the ones I saw). I can't even count the number of runners with C bibs or lower that I saw walk past C. Hopefully Disney will do a better job controlling corrals b/c I am sure all those I ran into were not RW challenge participants.

My intent was not to signal out the RW Challenge participants, but to hope that they would do a better job of ensuring runners are in a corral that corresponds to what they actually run.
I think that smaller corral sizes and no corral changes at the expo will make corral enforcement a little easier. I am certain though that there will always be jumpers just as there will always be people who cut in line.
__________________
__
You may call me Todd. Tiara Todd.__________I am fairly certain that if given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world. One sequin at a time.
jeanigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #419
Jubilee
<3 my kids
 
Jubilee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Right up I-4
Posts: 1,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine girl View Post
Ok, I am ready to commit now ... no Dopey for me, but I am going to do the 10k and the half. Can that combo have a name too? Gotta get that 10k registration in now as I agree I think that one will sell out super quick.

For 2015... if Dopey is still an option, I'm in!

I see they're offering women's sizes on the shirts. Now I have no idea what size to get! Going to have to go with a women's large and hope it isn't ginormous. Women's sizing in race shirts always seem to run small, so.... we'll see.
If your avatar is how you look, you are probably a Disney small or even XS. I am not nearly as small as you and wear a medium. I fine Disney women's shirts run big.

There is a time that they will switch them out, but I don't think they allow it on the first day of the expo usually because they want to make sure people are able to get their requested size.
__________________
S + J = M & H
*Taking a break from our APs as of 8/14/13*
Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #420
SAHDad
DIS Veteran
 
SAHDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,209

Well, I'm officially Dopey now.
__________________
One of the MouseQuest podcast gang! Find it on iTunes.

Current running streak - 2017 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 179.1. Last update: 2/25/14.

All runners are equal. Some however, are apparently more equal than others.
SAHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: