Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #31
marciagms
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for posting your trip! We are going on our first cruise at the end of May. We have the Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Encounter booked. DO you think it was worth the money? How much were the family pics and would they let you take pics with your phone? I have so many questions about the cruise and ports. We are on the 3 night Bahamas. We are DVC members and have been to Disney so many times but I just feel lost not knowing about the cruise. Did your husband have to wear khakis to dinner or could he wear dress khaki shorts?

Thanks again for your hard work on this post!!

marciagms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:38 AM   #32
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciagms View Post
Thank you so much for posting your trip! We are going on our first cruise at the end of May. We have the Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Encounter booked. DO you think it was worth the money? How much were the family pics and would they let you take pics with your phone? I have so many questions about the cruise and ports. We are on the 3 night Bahamas. We are DVC members and have been to Disney so many times but I just feel lost not knowing about the cruise. Did your husband have to wear khakis to dinner or could he wear dress khaki shorts?

I did this one 2 years ago and we LOVED it! I thought it was worth the money. I wrote about our adventure on my TR too.
If you want to read my version it's here.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=531

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=551

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=559

I bought the picture/DVD package and I can't remember the price anymore, but I think it was something like $60 or $80. It was with a coupon/sale they had going on. I hear they often have some sort of deal going on too.

I know when I looked into doing this, I did a lot of searching and trying to find write ups about it on Dis to see if this would be for us. I also read this one was much better than the Atlantis one.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #33
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciagms View Post

DS and I really enjoyed the dolphin encounter, I think DH did too, but would have like it more if he wasn't dealing with crabby DD. You can take pics with your own camera if you want. The hard part of it is that your whole family will be in the water at the same time, so if you can get some one else in the group to take a picture that would work best. They also warn you at the beginning that if you have an underwater camera to NOT use it underwater, as the dolphins do not like the sound it makes. I don't remember the cost of the package for pics, but I did buy the 5x7 for $16.

DH wore either slacks or jeans to dinner each night. I think there were men wearing khaki shorts, but honestly I didn't pay attention to how others were dressed.
nkochrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #34
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

Here are my navigators:

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday
Old 04-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #35
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Thank you for your Navigators. We're heading out on the Dream in 12 days and I always like to see what might be happening.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #36
marquislaura
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your trip report. I can imagine the time that goes into writing one. We are booked for March 2nd 2014- Can't wait.

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I am glad that you were able to still take a "DREAM" vacation.

How long were you at the dolphin incounter? Trying to decide weather to do Atlantis for the day or do the dolphin encounter at Blue. . . . . I understand it's a 35 minute ride, but what all was your encounter like? My DS will be 5 at the time. He wants to swim with the dolphins, but too young.

Thanks again for sharing.
marquislaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #37
marquislaura
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your trip report. I can imagine the time that goes into writing one. We are booked for March 2nd 2014- Can't wait.

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I am glad that you were able to still take a "DREAM" vacation.

How long were you at the dolphin incounter? Trying to decide weather to do Atlantis for the day or do the dolphin encounter at Blue. . . . . I understand it's a 35 minute ride, but what all was your encounter like? My DS will be 5 at the time. He wants to swim with the dolphins, but too young.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:05 AM   #38
churchlady
Mouseketeer

Subbing! We leave on Sunday! Thanks for sharing!

WDW April 2003
Land/Sea Beach Club, Disney Wonder April 2005
Disney Magic 7 day Western May 2006
1st timeto Disneyland/ DLH October 2006

WDW Contemporary June 2007

Disney Magic 7 day Eastern TORTOLA/POLY May 2009

DCL 3 day Dream/BWI November 2011
DCL 4 day Dream April 2013

DH, me, dd 16, dd18, dd20
churchlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #39
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquislaura View Post

Yes, it is about a 35 minute ride to the Blue Lagoon. I would recommend making sure you have some sort of jacket or blanket for that ride, ours was pretty chilly. I would definitely recommend the blue lagoon, but I also have never been to Atlantis. I think we spent about 20 minutes learning about the Dolphins before going to see them. I think we spent about 20 minutes in the water, but sitting on the edge watching everyone else with the Dolphins was pretty entertaining!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #40
marquislaura
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the heads up.

I see you have 10 months until next Disney vaca. Where are you going?

We are going to stay at the carabbean beach resort in May and but making another 2 day trip later in the month, but have not decided where we are staying. We might stay off property. I like to stay sometimes on hotel blvd. near down town disney.

Laura
Old 04-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #41
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquislaura View Post
Thanks for the heads up.

I see you have 10 months until next Disney vaca. Where are you going?

We are going to stay at the carabbean beach resort in May and but making another 2 day trip later in the month, but have not decided where we are staying. We might stay off property. I like to stay sometimes on hotel blvd. near down town disney.

Laura
I WISH I was going again in 10 months, BUT that won't be happening. I just forgot to update my signature! lol
Old 04-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #42
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkochrn View Post
Here are my navigators:
Where did they have dining changes taking place on the first day?
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #43
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

My next Disney vacation may be sooner than planned...

Yesterday I was working on my digital scrapbook pages from our Disney trip, trying to get my 2013 album caught up and ordered while I have a free shutterfly book Also while I still have a week and a half off work...

I came back to this trip review for some details to add into my journaling. I hadn't closed the browser when DH sat down to use the laptop and he read my review and then informed me he wants to be back on that boat ASAP! We have no vacation plans for 2014 other than DH and DS going on the Hot Rod Power Tour with DH's parents. I have no desire to go and will not have enough vacation time at work.

We are planning a 10 year anniversary cruise to Alaska in July 2015! I am so anxious for the rest of the 2015 itineraries to come out. We haven't decided on a cruise line yet, so Disney is definitely still an option, although we had no intentions of taking the kids. I can't imagine the guiltiness I'd feel on the Disney cruise line with out my kids. The expense will be a little higher this time around too...

My plan was to wait until 2017 for our next Disney vacation because....

Shortly after our return from the Bahamas we found out I was pregnant!

This little guy will be 3 1/2 then Plus the older two kids' passports won't be expired yet!

Look how excited he is about it:

I guess I'll be watching closely for another Kids Sail Free, if that could come around sometime in 2016 that'd be great. Our plan for vacation in 2016 was to go to the airport, see what the cheapest flights were and go from there. Basically take a totally unplanned trip! I think DH will be pushing to get back on a Dis boat though and we really wanna check out the Magic
Old 01-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #44
ag98
Mouseketeer

Just finished your trip report. Thank you so much for posting this.

We are headed on a 4 night dream cruise this March and I'm trying to learn all I can. I feel like a WDW vet sometimes but as far as DCL...no clue

Congrats on the new little guy! What a sweet Disney present.

I wanted to ask you about your digital scrapbook supplies. Where did you get all the great Disney stuff. I'm a digital scrapper too...although I haven't had time to scrap much in a couple of years....

Universal & French Quarter December 2014
Pop Century & Disney Dream 4 nights March 2014Universal & French Quarter January 2013 MK/Universal 2 day trip November 2011 Caribbean Beach December 2010 Beach Club Villas December 2008 All Stars December 2003 MK/Universal 1 day trips January 2001 & 2002
ag98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #45
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

ag98-You're gonna have a great time I am trying to get my 2013 album finished before my maternity leave is over which is next week I haven't worked on it for about a year! Now that I finally got started on these pages I don't wanna stop!

I got a lot of these filler cards for Project Life here:
http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/pi...?sort=3&page=1

I also have this kit:
http://www.rleeroush.net/DisneyDigit...endsClassicKit

and I just purchased this: http://www.peppermintcreative.com/in...oducts_id=1984

and this: http://www.peppermintcreative.com/in...oducts_id=1986

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: