DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 06:57 AM   #2581
Sorcerina
Mouseketeer

The boat goes from DTD, SSR, POFQ to POR

Been to WDW 1999, 2005, 2012 and 2014 and almost 53 times to DLP

My PTR for the upcoming trip
Old 04-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #2582
Happy99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerina View Post
The boat goes from DTD, SSR, POFQ to POR
Thank you

Does anyone know if there is a better building in the springs area to request if you have a car for parking closer to your building?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #2583
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy99
where does the boat ride take you? I know you can take it to DD but can you go to POFQ or POR?

Thanks
Not from ssr. You can take the boat to Dtd then wait for the POR boat and take that one to POR and then back to Dtd and then get on the ssr boat. That is extremely time consuming if you don't get on boats right away at each stop.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 04-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #2584
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Here's my room tour of the refurbed SSR two bedroom for any new SSR lovers or owners....

SSR refrub<----click here!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Old 04-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #2585
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Thanks for the video, supersuperwendy. Looks great!
Old 04-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #2586
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

Hi all!

So happy to find this thread! I just booked a vacation for early November, first time at SSR. I starting to read through the thread ( only to page 6 so far ) sorry if this has been asked, more than once by now, when does the resort decorate for Christmas? And when do the Characters start appearing at the carriage house? We tried to book a full week at the THV but they weren't available, so we booked a split stay. 4 nights at a 2 bedroom and 3 nights at the Treehouses.
TIA
Melinda
Old 04-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #2587
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
Hi all!

So happy to find this thread! I just booked a vacation for early November, first time at SSR. I starting to read through the thread ( only to page 6 so far ) sorry if this has been asked, more than once by now, when does the resort decorate for Christmas? And when do the Characters start appearing at the carriage house? We tried to book a full week at the THV but they weren't available, so we booked a split stay. 4 nights at a 2 bedroom and 3 nights at the Treehouses.
TIA
Melinda
SSR puts up some Christmas "touches," but it isn't decorated as lavishly as places like Yacht/Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, and Grand Floridian. There is a tree in the Carriage House and some garland around the check-in and Concierge desks. The buildings all have some sprays of greens and ribbons.

I'm not sure exactly when the Characters start appearing, but we checked in on 12/22/2012 (the Saturday before Christmas) and Mickey was there in the lobby for pictures. I'll have to look at my photos, because I can't remember how he was dressed. I want to say he was in a Christmas sweater, but it might have been Old English garb.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #2588
raykit98
Mouseketeer

Great Pic I need a Disney fix.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #2589
ajasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbutterfly View Post
Hi SSR fans!

Quick question - I know SSR recently went through/is going through refurb - any chance they added sleeper CHAIRS? We're going for the Wine & Dine race and we have 2 friends with us that can't share a bed and we need a sleeper chair. We'd much rather SSR than OKW but I'm positive OKW has a chair but I sadly do not think SSR does. I wanted to confirm.

Thanks! I love SSR even though we own at BLT and AKV. Its my second fave after BWV (we got married there so it will always hold a special place in my heart).
They don't have sleeper chairs but you could bring a twin size air mattress and sheets. If you move the table and chairs around it should fit there or near the main entrance where the connecting door is there would be room for a single mattress then you can stand it up along the wall during the day. You wouldn't be over capacity so I don't see a problem with the mattress.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

SSR 1/2013, 12/2013
Boardwalk Villas 7/2014
Caribbean Beach 11/2007; 12/2010
Contemporary 12/2004
Old 04-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #2590
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
Here's my room tour of the refurbed SSR two bedroom for any new SSR lovers or owners....

Awesome video but I hope our room doesn't come with the little screamer Lol!!
Old 04-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #2591
Suzanne74
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Do the one bedrooms have the fox & the hound bedding or the floral?
09/11 - Kidani 1 bdrm villa savannah view!, 09/08 - Disney Cruise 4 night Wonder , 11/07 - Grand Floridian Christmas trip, 08/06 - POP Century (free dining), 10/05 - Coronado Springs Resort (free dining), 05/05 - Polynesian Lagoon Concierge, 09/04 - Old Key West 1 bdrm villa, 09/04 - Dolphin , 04/00 - Offsite, 06/98 - Contemporary, 08/96 - Contemporary Wing Room, 05/92 - Offsite, 08/90 - Disneyland, 4 other times with my family as a kid. All offsite.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #2592
supersuperwendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne74 View Post
Do the one bedrooms have the fox & the hound bedding or the floral?
I would assume the king bed is floral and since you wouldn't have a dedicated second bedroom or studio you won't have any fox and hound bedding
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Old 04-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #2593
supersuperwendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
Awesome video but I hope our room doesn't come with the little screamer Lol!!
I'm hoping when I do our BCV room tour this sumer it won't have a screamer lol...
DVC Members since 2008

Old 04-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #2594
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
I'm hoping when I do our BCV room tour this sumer it won't have a screamer lol...
Lol...seriously though the video was awesome! I sent it to DH and told him that's where we are staying in December (just bought in December and haven't been yet) and he was really impressed with how nice it was. He said it was bigger than he expected (not sure what he was expecting Lol).
Old 04-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #2595
mizliz
Mouseketeer

A few questions

Hi, we're planning our first visit to SSR (renting points from a friend) and I have a few questions:

1. The FAQ mentions that Congress Park is a long walk to the Carriage House, but on the map it looks like it's right next door. Is there a walking path that's a pretty direct route, or does it meander so much that it increases the distance? We like the idea of Congress Park for proximity to DTD but I do have mobility issues, so I wouldn't want a long "hike" to the main amenities.
2. Does the boat still only stop at Pleasure Island, or does it also go to Marketplace?
3. Is the sofabed in a 1 BR comfortable? Or just tolerable? We'll have 4 adults on the trip.
4. What kind of groceries are available at the AP shop? Has anyone compiled a price list?

Thanks so much in advance!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: