Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #2461
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Hello,

Can anyone give me any opinions on the pool side cabanas. Are they worth it? Is there one in particular I should request? Thanks!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #2462
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
Hello,

Can anyone give me any opinions on the pool side cabanas. Are they worth it? Is there one in particular I should request? Thanks!
We are renting one for a morning in July. We haven't done it before but it seems lovely! I'd love to know about any specific one to request as well!
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #2463
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

The cabanas are fabulous. We really enjoyed them each time we rented them. You can't request it, but if you are there first you can pick the one you prefer. We prefer Mauna Kea, but really both are great. Mauna Kea just has a slightly better view for watching my DS in the pool.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #2464
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
The cabanas are fabulous. We really enjoyed them each time we rented them. You can't request it, but if you are there first you can pick the one you prefer. We prefer Mauna Kea, but really both are great. Mauna Kea just has a slightly better view for watching my DS in the pool.
Dani

Is there a map which shows the cabana locations ?

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #2465
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
We are renting one for a morning in July. We haven't done it before but it seems lovely! I'd love to know about any specific one to request as well!
We have one booked for our April trip two weeks from now. I'll report back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger2 View Post
I am slowing making my way through this thread...it's a wealth of fantastic information so thank you everyone!

I am super excited about our upcoming trip to the Poly on April 21 and there will be 5 of us (myself, my parents, my DD (6) and my niece (8)). When I previously went with just my DD, we stayed in Tokelau which we loved and it would have been great because of the location and extra space. However, it looks like it will be one of the longhouses that will be closed for refurbishment during our visit. I requested Samoa, balcony through the on-line check-in, but am wondering if I should change our request to Tahiti because of the larger rooms. We will be returning to the resort for a mid-day break most days to use the pool. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!
Honestly, it's not THAT much extra room - really enough space for an additional chair. Which don't get me wrong, is very nice and I do love those Tokelau/Tahiti rooms for it. Tokelau is actually my favorite longhouse but it will be closed when we are there However, if I wanted to stay at Samoa because of the proximity to the volcano pool and GCH, I wouldn't hesitate to give up that extra couple feet. On the other hand, Tahiti is very close to the TTC, which can be a great advantage as well. One other thing to consider is that Samoa has the new renovated rooms, and I don't think Tahiti does yet.

I would be interested to know if Niue/Rarotonga is open/finished yet. My guess is no, but I'm curious. We will be in the Hawaii longhouse, but I'd be interested to know where we are going to encounter "construction" in our walks about the grounds.

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Old 04-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #2466
treehugger2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
We have one booked for our April trip two weeks from now. I'll report back!

Honestly, it's not THAT much extra room - really enough space for an additional chair. Which don't get me wrong, is very nice and I do love those Tokelau/Tahiti rooms for it. Tokelau is actually my favorite longhouse but it will be closed when we are there However, if I wanted to stay at Samoa because of the proximity to the volcano pool and GCH, I wouldn't hesitate to give up that extra couple feet. On the other hand, Tahiti is very close to the TTC, which can be a great advantage as well. One other thing to consider is that Samoa has the new renovated rooms, and I don't think Tahiti does yet.

I would be interested to know if Niue/Rarotonga is open/finished yet. My guess is no, but I'm curious. We will be in the Hawaii longhouse, but I'd be interested to know where we are going to encounter "construction" in our walks about the grounds.
Thanks so much for your thoughts - it's greatly appreciated!! I think we'll stick with Samoa given the proximity to the pool plus the renovated rooms, and if we don't get that longhouse at check-in, perhaps we'll ask if Tahiti is available.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #2467
buzzmom12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
Hello,

They are great. We rent one every trip its my dh only request. They are both across the pool from the slide. They are full with drinks, a fruit tray, a couch inside (my dd naps in there), chairs outside (cushioned lounge chairs) a tv and fan. There is a table inside also. I never requested a particular cabana. Also you can order food and have it brought to the cabana. I found them very relaxing and a great way to spend a day at the pool. We are renting one in August.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #2468
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Good to know! Thank you! I have a feeling that we are going to be at the pool early that day because DD2 will be ready to swim well before 10!! We'll have to try to snatch that one up!
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Old 04-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #2469
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Flowers

When we were at the Poly in December I seem to recall and woman in the lobby working with creating real flower leis. Am I remembering this correctly? If so, would I be able to order a few of them for our night at the luau? How would I go about that?

Old 04-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #2470
croach
Mouseketeer

Booked the Poly for 2014 marathon weekend. Stayed there this year and loved it so much. Hopefully I will get Tahiti again or the Rapa Nui longhouse to be close to the monorail. Can't wait!

Old 04-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #2471
marylandgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
When we were at the Poly in December I seem to recall and woman in the lobby working with creating real flower leis. Am I remembering this correctly? If so, would I be able to order a few of them for our night at the luau? How would I go about that?
If you are referring to the luau at Polynesian, they will give each person in your party a lei as you arrive at the luau. It's a fun time, enjoy.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #2472
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket00 View Post
we're planning our first trip to the poly in june.

we're staying in a standard room and we'd like to have a view of the volcano pool. it looks like samoa would be our best bet, but the 2nd floor rooms don't have balconies, correct? so what's the best option for a balcony (or patio) AND a view of the volcano pool?

I hope the image posted above!!! We absolutely LOVE Samoa!! This was the view from our patio in 2011. In my opinion, one of the best! Can't wait to stay there again!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #2473
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandgirl View Post
If you are referring to the luau at Polynesian, they will give each person in your party a lei as you arrive at the luau. It's a fun time, enjoy.
At the luau is it a real flower lei or the kind you get when you check in (pretty but not real flowers)?

Old 04-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #2474
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
We're trying two new places this year, AKL and the Poly, so have to keep up. don't know when we'll make it to your WL. (And yes, it is "yours!" )
Always good to try new resorts and then go back to your favorite(s)

You're too funny about WL. We're at the CR (again) next time, but now I'm thinking maybe we should give the KKC a try for a few days prior. I always back out of trying it for fear of disappointment, but with the Longhouse newly rehabbed and with the pending bungalow construction, I'm thinking sooner rather than later would be better. We've stayed a couple of times non-CL, but never CL.

Has anyone posted any post-rehab Hawaii Bldg. reviews?
Old 04-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #2475
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Always good to try new resorts and then go back to your favorite(s)

You're too funny about WL. We're at the CR (again) next time, but now I'm thinking maybe we should give the KKC a try for a few days prior. I always back out of trying it for fear of disappointment, but with the Longhouse newly rehabbed and with the pending bungalow construction, I'm thinking sooner rather than later would be better. We've stayed a couple of times non-CL, but never CL.

Has anyone posted any post-rehab Hawaii Bldg. reviews?
I am at CSR now but transfer tomorrow to Poly CL. It's my 1st at poly club so I will have difficulty comparing the old vs new. The pics on tikiman Facebook look awesome. I love the new carpet, and chair coverings! Anything specific you are looking for let me know. Wanna be Ariel has me checking for beer.

Major storms rolling through right now.... Glad we got up early and got in the parks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: