Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #3331
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

I am so hoping that rumor is true! My mom isn't very happy about walking 5-10 min. to get her coffee.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
Old 04-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #3332
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

I just read a review from a reader on allears from 3-29 and the reviewer said there was a coffee/soda station set up between LM and Animation hall. Does anyone know if this station is open all day or only certain hours?
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #3333
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbcanada View Post
I have heard a rumour that they now have Pop and Coffee stations set up between LM and AH.
Confirmation please! It wasn't there in Feb.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Old 04-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #3334
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
I am so hoping that rumor is true! My mom isn't very happy about walking 5-10 min. to get her coffee.
Not happy about that either. When we stay at Pop, DD10 enjoys some "independance" walking over to Everything Pop to get my morning coffee. We stay in 60s and it's about a minute walk. Don't think she'll be making that walk at AoA. Guess I'll have to grab it on our way to the bus and deal with the mug all day.
5 or 6 times as a kid, no idea when I went or where I stayed NYE 1999 Coronado Springs October 2005 Old Key West November 2006 Pop Century September 2007 Pop Century August 2010 Pop Century August 2011 Pop Century April 2013 AoA LM
Old 04-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #3335
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmhouston View Post
Not happy about that either. When we stay at Pop, DD10 enjoys some "independance" walking over to Everything Pop to get my morning coffee. We stay in 60s and it's about a minute walk. Don't think she'll be making that walk at AoA. Guess I'll have to grab it on our way to the bus and deal with the mug all day.
That is exactly the issue we had going from Pop to AoA. My daughter is 12 and for the past couple trips loved spreading her wings and walking over to get a snack for us or popping into the gift shop. We stayed at AoA in December and that just didn't happen this time. And since we didn't want to carry our mugs all day, we just didn't really use the mugs. I think they only got filled 2 or 3 times over 10 days.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #3336
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
Same here. We don't plan on using our mugs much, if at all.

I'm not going to schlep them to the parks with us.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #3337
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
That is exactly the issue we had going from Pop to AoA. My daughter is 12 and for the past couple trips loved spreading her wings and walking over to get a snack for us or popping into the gift shop. We stayed at AoA in December and that just didn't happen this time. And since we didn't want to carry our mugs all day, we just didn't really use the mugs. I think they only got filled 2 or 3 times over 10 days.
Unless AoA really wows us, I think we'll be going back to our "home base" Pop.
5 or 6 times as a kid, no idea when I went or where I stayed NYE 1999 Coronado Springs October 2005 Old Key West November 2006 Pop Century September 2007 Pop Century August 2010 Pop Century August 2011 Pop Century April 2013 AoA LM
Old 04-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #3338
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmhouston View Post
Unless AoA really wows us, I think we'll be going back to our "home base" Pop.
I'm really glad we stayed at AoA. But we're heading back to the Pop for a quick stay in June.

My guess is that over time, lots of folks will have had their chance to try it out and occupancy will fall to a level where they discount even those rooms.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #3339
dmbcanada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post
Confirmation please! It wasn't there in Feb.
I can confirm in 24 days!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #3340
dmbcanada
Mouseketeer

Just read a disturbing review on Trip Advisor about AOA. The reviewer said that housekeeping apparently stole from their room and the one next door. Disney investigated and suggested the guest lost or misplaced the items (including cash). I find this a little hard to believe that Disney would not do more, unless of course the review is total BS. Why wouldn't you use the safe, even if it is small? But, if true I think Disney did not do a proper investigation and believed their employees.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #3341
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post
here's another (dumb?) question... are you allowed to have floatation devices in the pool? I want to get a safety float with shade for my infant but I honestly can't remember if Disney is one of those places where you can't take them in the pools. Thanks!
Disney supplies life vests in different sizes right at the pools. This may not be what you need (you mention the shade too) but it's worth knowing about.

Quote:
It is a 5-10 minute walk depending on your mobility and if you have slow little ones. I would suggest building 7 which is the closest of the LM buildings to Animation Hall. I have heard a rumour that they now have Pop and Coffee stations set up between LM and AH.
I read the 3/29 review on allears where the AoA guest says "Liked how a coffee/soda station was set up midway from LM section to Animation Hall."

One thought on this would be, is the person referring to the refill station at the Drop Off bar? Problem with this thought is if the review's details are accurate, the location isn't midway and doesn't (or didn't) have coffee. But maybe this is what the person is referring to.

If not, maybe Disney is responding to feedback and setting up some kind of station, even temporary? Interesting.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 04-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #3342
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just read a disturbing review on Trip Advisor about AOA. The reviewer said that housekeeping apparently stole from their room and the one next door. Disney investigated and suggested the guest lost or misplaced the items (including cash). I find this a little hard to believe that Disney would not do more, unless of course the review is total BS. Why wouldn't you use the safe, even if it is small? But, if true I think Disney did not do a proper investigation and believed their employees.
I wouldn't put much stock in that without knowing the entire story. Did they mean they left the cash laying out? Or that they put it in the safe and the housekeeper somehow broke into the safe? That detail would make a big difference in how I felt about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post

I read the 3/29 review on allears where the AoA guest says "Liked how a coffee/soda station was set up midway from LM section to Animation Hall."

One thought on this would be, is the person referring to the refill station at the Drop Off bar? Problem with this thought is if the review's details are accurate, the location isn't midway and doesn't (or didn't) have coffee. But maybe this is what the person is referring to.

If not, maybe Disney is responding to feedback and setting up some kind of station, even temporary? Interesting.
I was wondering if they set something up temorarily over spring break or maybe to test it out. I think if they did that means they are getting a decent amount of negative feedback on how far out those rooms are.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #3343
mickeyfan0805
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I've seen a number of stories like this and always have the same thought. It's hard to know what really happened. I'm not saying they are lying, but I can see the untenable position Disney is in. Is Disney supposed to simply fork money over to every person that claims something was stolen? Does it happen? I'm sure it does. Do they investigate? Probably at least when there is any recurrence to the claims. But Disney cannot be expected to simply accept the word of those who claim loses - especially when you are talking about cash that could have readily been locked in a safe. It's a tough balance that they have to find.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #3344
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

What are the general thoughts/reviews on the noise when inside the family suites? Noise from the outside as well as other neighboring suites? While I liked POP a lot, we found the noise from outside to be quite loud and since these buildings seem to be the same, I have my doubts. The only thing that would help is that they are inside corridors.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #3345
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

We stayed in the Cars Suite, we had no problem with noise, but of course we were there the last week in Feb. We did hear some kids running in the hall, & one night we could barely hear a baby crying next door & muffled yelling.

Something everyone should know is to make sure your door closes all the way when you leave, I noticed several times our door did not close & I pulled it shut & made sure everytime I left, I checked the door.

One afternoon, we were back at the room earlier than most people, we were laying down taking a nap, I heard someone try opening the door, it was not a knocking sound, as I made my way to the door a paper slides underneath, so I looked out the peep-hole & saw two men going back down the hall.
Why would he try to open the door? Has he found some doors not closed all the way? It makes you think, doesn't it? These flyers were not connected to Disney World, I wondered how they got past the gate. Disney gives you the warning about flyers being left under your door, that it is not thiers.

I left my laptop, money & good jewelry in the room, not in the safe & nothing happened to it.
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: