Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
mgdisney
Mouseketeer

Buying a Vacation Condo

I'm sorry if this is wrong place to ask this, I was hoping some locals to the Orlando area may be of help to me! I am currently looking at buying a vacation condo in Plantation Park on Mulberry Park Dr, can anyone offer any insight into the area? I've been told its close to downtown disney? Crime in the area? Any and all advice would be greatly appericated!
2012 May WDW - Caribbean Beach Resort/Beach Club
2012 Aug Disneyland - offsite
2013 May WDW - Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club
mgdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:37 AM   #2
DonnaL
DIS Veteran

Hi...yes, the area you are looking at....Plantation Park Condos is near Downtown Disney. Don't know how familiar you are with the area, but, Plantation Park is very near the Outlet Mall on Vineland Road. Actually, the complex is right in front of the housing complexes used to house the Disney College Program students/employees. Can't say for sure about crime......I'm thinking it's not the worst area of Orlando, but, then again it's in a very high tourist area and I'm quite sure there is crime in the area. I do know my son lived in the CP housing right there for five months during Spring 2011 and he said as long as you were careful and paid attention to your surroundings it was no worse in that area than you would expect in any large city. He never had any type of vandalism done to his car or anything of that nature, however, the CP housing is gated and I know from experience they check pretty thoroughly. Do you know if Plantation Park is gated or not? I'm thinking it's not from memory....don't remember seeing any gate in front of the complex....but, I do remember the signs and the grounds did look pretty well kept at that time. I will say the area is extremely congested most of the time......there are several restaurants and hotels right there and the Outlet Mall is very close so you've got heavy traffic pretty much all the time.
DonnaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #3
mgdisney
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your response! I have been told by my realtor that Plantation Park is a gated community, he also tells me that this is a very nice area. The heavy traffic won't bother me. I'm hoping ill feel safe and comfortable enough to stay here alone with my daugther thru the summer depending on how fast the sale goes thru.
2012 May WDW - Caribbean Beach Resort/Beach Club
2012 Aug Disneyland - offsite
2013 May WDW - Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club
mgdisney is offline   Reply With Quote