Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #31
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
I have a bad Achilles and it can cause PF type of pain or problems. The big meltdown came the summer I wore flipflops all the time, just not enough support and it was too much for my tendons. The only flips I can wear are the Crocs with cushioned sole and support. I don't like the all plastic ones but this one has a cloth type top and I love them.

http://www.crocs.com/crocs-womens-ca...ear-flip-flops

Better link

http://www.crocs.com/on/demandware.s...h-Show?q=capri

I have worn these to WDW and really all my vacations to wear around the hotel or on short excursions. (I can not wear them for a day at the parks or heavy walking but a few hours of light or moderate walking are doable with my feet)
I have bad PF's and Crocs Capri's are the only thing that save my feet in the parks!
Family Adventures Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Cocoa Beach/Daytona/ Texas/ St Thomas USVI/ Cuba/ Belize/ Jamaica/ Bahamas/ St Maarten/ Cozumel/ Costa Maya/Puerto Vallarta/ Honduras /Dominican Republic / Cayman Islands & Many...MANY Disney Land trips & Most recently Sailed the Disney Magic[/FONT][/SIZE]
vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #32
gottagetback
Wish I was there right now...

Skechers Shape Ups. Teva Mush.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #33
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Love my Olukai the best but my Reef's also do the trick

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #34
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

I love wearing my reef flip flops and my teva's. But I think this year I might wear tennis shoes except for going to Animal Kingdom and MK. I wore my rainbows one year and holy smoke my feet were killing me by the end of the day. Never again!

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP

Trip Reports:
TR IN Progress-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: Updated 6/3 Epcot Day Part 3!

livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #35
jump00
Earning My Ears

Flip Flops - Love my Nikes

I live in Flip Flops from May to October and I find the Nike Celso the most comfortable. Hard to find them now but they are great. They mold to your feet and I have even worn them on "danglings rides" when I forgot to take them off! (oops) They didn't budge. But I would recommend taking them off.
I can wear flip Flops at WDW and never have to take them off but at Busch Gardens and Universal I tend to have to wear running shoes since so many rides don't allow them.
jump00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #36
hburke01
Earning My Ears

I think Birkenstocks are the most comfortable. I have 3 different pairs and they come in tons of styles and colours now. They are so comfortable, good for your feet, and never give me blisters. Highly recommend
hburke01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #37
pinkvol7
Mouseketeer

Yellow Box are my faves!! The have a super cushiony heel. However, I hate wearing them when they get wet. I don't like the squishiness!! This year I bought Teva. Actual Teva, not flip flops. They have a lot of support. They are a new style they just came out with. Great arch support and cushiony heel. I will wear my yellow box around the resort and to dinner and my Teva to the parks.
pinkvol7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #38
vancarrolls
Earning My Ears

I have worn a pair of merrell sandals to both DL and WDW and thru an entire pregnancy in retail on my feet I would recommend them to anyone for long days on your feet. They have a running shoe like bottom and support are adjustable when your feet swell and are leather and breathe. This will be my 4th year wearing them everyday from march til Oct everyday and I am only on pair number 2.
vancarrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #39
BrerRox
Waitin' on a Disney Day !

Hi all, I am new to board have looked around for tips in past didnt join til today- I have crocs and sketchers I usually wear around the parks, I broke my foot last April and was very afraid of our trip in October for Halloween- crocs and sketchers were surprisingly good for my feet for the long days, you can all laugh at me, but I have to look up Yellow Box/ I have never heard of before!!!
BrerRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #40
ColoradoDis
DIS Veteran

My daughter gave me some Cobian flip flops last year for Mother's day and I love them. I've worn them walking here in Colorado for over 5-6 miles and never had a problem. Going to take a newer pair with me to WDW next month to swap with my tennis shoes.

The Cobian's have a slight wedge and a great arch support and mold to your feet. I found new ones recently at my mall at The FlipFlop Shop.
2004 - Poly/Contemporary and Animal Kingdom Lodge
2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort and 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter
May 2013 - Shades of Green

DH - Ron : Me - Sherry DD - Morgan DD - Miranda DSIL - Miles
ColoradoDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:42 AM   #41
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDis View Post
My daughter gave me some Cobian flip flops last year for Mother's day and I love them. I've worn them walking here in Colorado for over 5-6 miles and never had a problem. Going to take a newer pair with me to WDW next month to swap with my tennis shoes.

The Cobian's have a slight wedge and a great arch support and mold to your feet. I found new ones recently at my mall at The FlipFlop Shop.
I've got two pairs of the Cobian Braided Bounce that I love. The other Cobians I've tried though I don't like as well. The Cobian Braided Bounce I can wear even with my plantar fasciitis. The only thing is if you use Body Glide on your feet, like I do, the black soles will fade onto your feet. They are not as comfortable as my beloved OluKai Ohanas, but come fairly close and are alot cheaper. lol
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #42
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

My DD brings with her 4 pairs of Old Navy flip flops, cost $10 , each pair a different color to match her outfits.
Wears them to all the Parks - never has an issue.
If they break or wear out, they get thrown out.

My DD has a real pair of sandals to wear when we go out to dinner...Cali Grill
Old 04-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #43
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Why is it I can walk in 4" heels but CAN NOT walk in flip flops? I'm planning on sneakers for disney but would love to sport some flip flops ESP at TL or @ the resort pool.
momofboyz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #44
suetoo
Mouseketeer

I also love my Sanuk Yoga mats. I also love Sanuk Pick Pocket slip on shoes/sandals and walked over 45 miles in San Francisco in them in 4 days with no issues. My new favorite is Reef "Ridiculously Comfortable" and they ARE! I will probably bring all three in October to WDW...my perfect trifecta!
suetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:42 AM   #45
gjl
Mouseketeer

Removed

Last edited by gjl; 01-21-2014 at 10:12 PM.
gjl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: