Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: If on the 5/10/13 FE list, please indicate your preferred level of participation
Exchange with the whole group (listed on both of our "splits" for full exchange) 6 37.50%
Exhange with half of our group (listed on one of our "splits", total room # dependent on poll) 10 62.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
Zandersmom
time flies-now I'm Mom to a whole Z pack!

Post Poll: Magic 5/10/13 Galveston FE hybrid list

In an effort to help us get organized as we revamp our FE list, I am trying to set up this poll to link to our Meet group. For all 34 staterooms on the current FE list, I would like to know if you would like to exchange with the entire group or a little more than half of that (18+), depending on how many exchange with every participant. Both options will be available!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
SapphireMind
Mouseketeer

I originally said just my DD....but I wanna do it too :D
SapphireMind is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #3
wajones2
Mouseketeer

We plan to participate in both lists & do all 34 staterooms.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
KSLATL
Earning My Ears

Hi all! We would like to give to all the staterooms. We were also one of the rooms that was "FE kids only". May I suggest that we make a schedule of the days onboard so that we can have an assigned day to give. This way there is a FE for every day? I would be willing to create that schedule to help you out Becca. Thank you for all your hard work!
KSLATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
NWR
Earning My Ears

Assigned Day

I do like the assigned day idea. Perhaps this would keep us from getting a ton of stuff one day and nada the next? I imagine we won't expect anything the WDW Park day since we will all be pooped? LOL

Thank you Becca for pulling all of this together. And thank you KSLATL for offering to do a schedule.

I think I am better understanding how the FE works. Looks like we just give one time while on the cruise?

It's getting close - whoohooo!!
NWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #6
BMCGUIRE
Earning My Ears

So excited for the fe exchange! We've made up bags for almost every stateroom so we will probably just do everyone

I'm totally new to this whole thing but am willing to help out in any way if you need it!
BMCGUIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
disjest8
Proud Parent of 8

Becca,

Thanks so much for organizing the FE. Although I voted for splitting the group, I do have one very small personalized gift for ALL of the kids already. I'm not certain what category that puts me in, other than difficult.

Mar 2013 - DCL Wonder and DCL Dream/May 2013 - DCL Magic
Mar 2012 - Freedom of the Seas/Sep 2012 - BLT, BCV,Oasis of the Seas
Mar 2011 - OKW,Carnival Dream
Feb 2010 - Pop Century and Freedom of the Seas
Mar 2009 - Independence of the Seas/Sep 2009 - BCV,Carnival Legend
Feb 2008 - Navigator of the Seas/Sep 2008 - Pop Century and DCL Wonder
Mar 2007 - SSR,DCL Wonder/Sep 2007 - AKV & DCL Magic Western/Nov 2007 - Shades of Green
Apr 2006 - Orbit One/Nov 2006 - BCV,BWV,DCL Wonder
Jan 2005 - Cypress Pointe Grand Villas/Sep 2005 - BCV,OKW,DCL Wonder
disjest8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
MerissaAndMomLoveDis
Mouseketeer

Rhonda Rieken

I voted for half. Thanks Becca!
Disneyworld: Offsite Feb 2003, Feb 2004, June 2006 & Aug 2007; ASMu Nov 2008; Pop Century/Offsite/AKL May/June 2009; AsMu/Ft. Wilderness Cabins Nov 2009; Pop/ASSp June 2010; ASMov/Offsite May/June 2011; POFQ/Disney Dream March 2012; Offsite Nov 2012; Disney Magic from Galveston May 2013
MerissaAndMomLoveDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #9
Mamajd
Earning My Ears

Half

I voted for half, just to make it more manageable for my first FE ever. I might not be able to resist doing a little something for everyone, but like the idea of a smaller group so if I just can't get all those gifts done, I will still be ok.

Thanks so much for organizing this! I cannot wait for the cruise!!!!!!
Mamajd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #10
Zandersmom

Split Update

Hi Everybody!
I've returned from my crazy work trip and need a cruise more than ever! I played with the list, recovering the right column and organizing a hybrid system. Thank you for sharing your preferences, and your kind words...I've been glad to help out and can hardly wait for our fun adventure!

The list is still in progress as several people may be making up their minds about whole group exchange or split. Please, please correct me if I've got this wrong...did I mention it was a crazy work trip? If you follow our list link you will see that I've color and letter coded the rooms. Group A in yellow will include the green A/B rooms, and group B in blue will also include the green A/B rooms. We have 34 overall, 20 in A and 21 in B. Both the A (yellow) & B (blue) groups will grow slightly when/if people notify me that they would like to be in the A/B (green). Unless people oppose, lets plan to have a final list by this weekend. Here is our current draft-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0E&usp=sharing
Cheers!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:05 PM   #11
Zandersmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSLATL View Post
Hi all! We would like to give to all the staterooms. We were also one of the rooms that was "FE kids only". May I suggest that we make a schedule of the days onboard so that we can have an assigned day to give. This way there is a FE for every day? I would be willing to create that schedule to help you out Becca. Thank you for all your hard work!
Hi KSLATL! That seems like a great idea! I think that it would be good to make it a voluntary suggestion. I put a column with numbers 1-7... if it's not what you had in mind, I can just delete that column and you can take a stab at it.
Thanks!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #12
eaglewingks
Earning My Ears

Are we too late?

My grandson and I would like to be included if it isn't too late.
eaglewingks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #13
LoveMM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandersmom View Post
Hi KSLATL! That seems like a great idea! I think that it would be good to make it a voluntary suggestion. I put a column with numbers 1-7... if it's not what you had in mind, I can just delete that column and you can take a stab at it.
Thanks!
This will be our 4th time participating in an FE and I suggested assigning certain days for handing out gifts on our first cruise. The "seasoned" cruisers told me that it is best to hand out FE gifts whenever you have time or feel up to it. Even at 20+ staterooms (I've been in a group that was 40 cabins), it is a lot of searching and walking around. But then, you get to see all the creative ways cruisers decorate their doors. Good exercise and fun too! I let my boys deliver a few and my husband or I do the rest. I've roamed the halls well past midnight before handing out FE gifts while my family is passed out in bed. Some families like to get them out the first night, some wait for Pirate night to hand out "booty", while others buy gifts from the different ports. All in all, have fun and try not to stress out about it.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #14
Zandersmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglewingks View Post
My grandson and I would like to be included if it isn't too late.
Hi eaglewingks! Our deadline was Monday, though as you can see, we're still actively organizing the list. Unless someone has a strong opposition, I'm fine with welcoming you and your Grandson as our very last group members. I will need your stateroom number, your names, his age, any allergies and special celebrations. If you can get that to me today, I will add you all. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #15
Zandersmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMM View Post
This will be our 4th time participating in an FE and I suggested assigning certain days for handing out gifts on our first cruise. The "seasoned" cruisers told me that it is best to hand out FE gifts whenever you have time or feel up to it.
Hi Jem,
That's a great point. I'm happy to take off the target day for anyone who prefers to deliver at their leisure or people can just disregard. I'm good with whatever as long as it involves boarding the ship as soon as possible!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: