Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #361
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohw
I've applied to a few summer internships for Disney and Disney ABC in NYC. I've noticed that one of them is no longer listed when you search for it in job openings, which probably means they've closed the applications (my status for that is still in "submission." I submitted it at the beginning of March).

It doesn't seem to show the deadlines in the job details (or I'm completely missing it) and I only see the date when the opening was posted, so perhaps it's a little different for these internships as opposed to Disney Park internships.
On your dashboard click edit next to the resume/cv, then click continue, then click job status. It will tell you if it's still open or filled.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #362
Devux
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerTalent View Post
Last night, my alumni only broke off into a new tab on my dashboard! Disney Cruise Line Recruitment! Anybody else have this happen?? Also, has anyone heard of more than one alumni only role breaking off? So far, all I've heard is one role being seen as in progress.
Mine broke down to Disney Cruise Line Recruitment as well!

I had my panel interview for Management Lodging Internship. It was between three leaders from various Disney hotels. It was about 20 minutes and went really well. Should hear back from that within two weeks. It was held at the contemporary conference center.

Question, is there a forum or Facebook group for finding roommates for the internships that I am maybe missing?
Devux is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 02:54 PM   #363
msbriezyb
Earning My Ears

Fb group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devux View Post
Mine broke down to Disney Cruise Line Recruitment as well!

I had my panel interview for Management Lodging Internship. It was between three leaders from various Disney hotels. It was about 20 minutes and went really well. Should hear back from that within two weeks. It was held at the contemporary conference center.

Question, is there a forum or Facebook group for finding roommates for the internships that I am maybe missing?

Here is the PI FB group that a lot of people are on!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/298768863572746/
msbriezyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #364
Dustinbrady1215
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbriezyb View Post
The drop down is for tha specific position. It means you made a cut and are being considered. What is your drop down for?
It's for one of the marketing internships
Dustinbrady1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #365
Dustinbrady1215
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I can't answer your question but I have a question regarding getting a dropdown on the dashboard. Is this only for Alumni positions?
Mine is not an alumni position
Dustinbrady1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #366
ohw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
On your dashboard click edit next to the resume/cv, then click continue, then click job status. It will tell you if it's still open or filled.
Thanks so much, that's very helpful I'm still not sure if CLOSED means the applications have simply closed or if it means all positions have been officially filled, so if anyone knows for sure, please let me know.

I think something went terribly wrong with my resume submission. The resume I submitted for a particular internship was deleted, but I still have another resume document defaulted in my Resume/CV section, but in the history, it says it was only submitted to two other internships. The one internship that just closed is the one that probably does not even have my resume. Maybe that is why I've been stuck in the submission stage for such a long time....Does anyone have any solid ideas on what might be the case here?

(Sorry if that was a bit unclear! Hope it makes sense)

Last edited by ohw; 04-02-2013 at 02:23 PM.
ohw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #367
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohw

Thanks so much, that's very helpful I'm still not sure if CLOSED means the applications have simply closed or if it means all positions have been officially filled, so if anyone knows for sure, please let me know.

I think something went terribly wrong with my resume submission. The resume I submitted for a particular internship was deleted, but I still have another resume document defaulted in my Resume/CV section, but in the history, it says it was only submitted to two other internships. The one internship that just closed is the one that probably does not even have my resume. Maybe that is why I've been stuck in the submission stage for such a long time....Does anyone have any solid ideas on what might be the case here?

Closed would indicated filled. Mine all say open and they are not filled yet.

I'm not really sure how a submission is handled when the resume gets deleted.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #368
erinelise
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohw View Post

I've had this same problem and was worried too. So I emailed the PI email address to ask about it and was told that as long as you have a resume uploaded to your profile, all of the hiring managers can see it!
erinelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #369
ohw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinelise View Post
I've had this same problem and was worried too. So I emailed the PI email address to ask about it and was told that as long as you have a resume uploaded to your profile, all of the hiring managers can see it!
Wow, that's fantastic - I'm so glad to hear that it'll be okay. Thank you very, very much!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #370
ohw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
Closed would indicated filled. Mine all say open and they are not filled yet.

I'm not really sure how a submission is handled when the resume gets deleted.
Thank you!

I would think my application status should then be NLIC'd but it's still in "submission." Lots of people say they get stuck in the interview phase, but seems like I'm just stuck in "submission"! I wonder why...

Last edited by ohw; 04-03-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #371
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Got NLIC'd for Undergraduate Intern, Marketing/Accounting, Year Round Only have Undergraduate Intern, 2013 Summer Internship, Walt Disney Studios still in progress as well as a job for ABC Studios (Archives Coordinator) in progress.

I will not give up my dream! lol

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #372
SkipperJ
Earning My Ears

Had my interview with Animals, Science, and Environment department today. I think it went pretty darn well. The fences backstage at AKL made me feel like I was in Jurassic Park.
SkipperJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #373
waltfreakingdisney
Earning My Ears

Congrats on the interview. What's gonna happen to the goat? :D

My second interview for my PI is tomorrow. I'm beyond excited. I want this thing so bad!
waltfreakingdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #374
jewjubean
You can call me Bean
My vote "the TG" is a Mutant ninja fairy ranger. Fighting for crazy people everywhere!!:D

Hey everyone... I have a full size ikea Leirvik frame that I bought during my PI/CP that I am going to sell if anyone is interested. Great condition! Let me know! Would be perfect for a new PI that has a limited budget!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #375
DisneyGirlie
DIS Veteran

Anyone know about how competitive the Alumni only PIs are?

Obviously not as competitive as the MIs, but just wondering. Today I set up my second interview for an Alumni PI. I always feel more confident when I feel like competition is manageable. Obviously it won't be minimal, but manageable adds confidence.
1994-2004 Off-site * Spring 2005 Caribbean Beach- Martinique * Spring 2006 All-Star Movies- Fantasia * Nov. 18- Nov. 24 2006 Pop Century- '50s * March 2nd-7th 2007 Pop Century- '80s * Oct. 12- Oct. 17th 2007 Pop Century- '60s * Feb. 2- Feb. 8th 2008 Polynesian- Hawaii*Sept. 27th-Oct. 3rd 2008 Grand Floridian- Boca Chica*Dec. 13- Dec 17th 2008 Port Orleans Riverside- Oak Manor*May 16- May 23rd 2009 Beach Club Resort*Aug. 10-Aug. 13th 2009 Pop Century- '50s.*Dec. 10- Dec. 13th 2009 Yacht Club Resort*March 6-10th 2010 Contemporary MK View*July 31st- Aug 7th 2010 Contemporary MK View
October 27-October 30 2010 Pop Century*Animal Kingdom Lodge- Dec. 11-16th 2010*June 8th-13th 2011 Coronado Springs- Cabanas.* Fall Advantage College Program 6/11-1/12*Boardwalk Inn August 2012*October 2012 All-Star Sports*January 2013 Port Orleans French Quarter*1/21/13-8/13 Spring Advantage College Program
DisneyGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: