Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #2671
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Well, I just had to post this one picture of me at Storybook Land. I am wearing Zoey's Easter hat and holding her kitty.

See what spending the whole day at Storybook Land with the kids will do to an old lady?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #2672
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Happy Easter,Angelrose !!!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #2673
Angelrose
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)

Here are some of the Easter pictures.

This is my favorite of Zoey

Old 03-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #2674
Angelrose

Old 03-31-2013, 07:23 PM   #2675
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

CUTEST PICTURES!

HAPPY EASTER Angelrose!
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #2676
Angelrose

We had a wonderful time today. I got there around 10 and the kids were so excited to see me and what I brought. LOL I couldn't even get my shoes and coat off before they grabbed their Easter buckets. I gave Jesse an Angry Birds puzzle, a book, a mini monster truck and a stuffed bunny. I gave Zoey a Doc McStuffins play set, a book, and a lamb. That Easter bunny was so tricky. He put in an egg in each of their buckets with $5 in it. I didn't even know when he did it!

Then we went outside for the Easter egg hunt. Chuck told them the rules. Only pick up the egg with your name on it and don't tell where the other eggs are. Jesse had a special yellow egg and Zoey had a special white egg. Off they went. Jesse found his but had a hard time not telling Zoey where hers where. But they both found them all and came inside to open them up.

It was so much fun for me to see them so excited.

After that we sat around and talked for a while until it was time to leave for the Chinese buffet. OMG it was so good. I ate waaaaaay more than I should. I only had an apple for dinner tonight. We all ate very well.

By the time we got home, we were all in a food coma. They were ready for a nap along with the kids. So I said goodby and came home and vegged in front of the tv, nodding off every once in a while too.

I will be back tomorrow at 7am to babysit allllllllll day. Grandmom will have to go down in the basement to play for hours. LOL Hopefully they will want to watch tv for a lot of the day. Give me a breathing space and read.

Hope you all had a great day.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #2677
Angelrose

Thank you minnie56.

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU TOO.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:10 AM   #2678
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

I love all the pictures, they are like two little models! And you look great in that Easter bonnet!! I love to hear about your days with your grandchildren, makes me wish I had that kind of family.

We didn't do anything for Easter this year, the weather was not cooperating so we didn't go to Central Park. We left NJ a little early and came home and had spaghetti and meatballs. DH had to get up early for work on Monday so it was just another weekend. My two sisters live kind of far upstate so it's becoming hard to visit on holidays when DH has work the next day.

Today I'm headed right back to NJ So much driving! Finally having my last Levelor installed - they measured wrong the first time and have to come back again. I figured as long as I'm taking the drive I'll kill two birds with one stone, so I have an early appt. tomorrow to have my teeth cleaned.

I want to get in some "me" time at Kohl's, without DH. I love when I can go alone and spend time trying on clothes. That will be either this afternoon (if the installer shows up early enough) or tomorrow.

And in between all that I'm going to see if I can bring the car in for it's six month check up. I'll be good and tired by Thursday!

Hope everyone has a great week!

The tag fairy loves me

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:08 AM   #2679
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

It wasn't a clear night, but the lights kept changing colors, so pretty!

The tag fairy loves me

snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #2680
Angelrose

Thank you snappyd. I love being with them, but babysitting all day for two days straight is very tiring.

Zoey wasn't feeling well this morning, but after her nap felt better and she was back to bouncing around just like Jesse.

Funny story. They were watching Doc McStuffins and I had closed my eyes just for a minute, when Zoey SHOUTED, GRANDMOM! OPEN YOUR EYES." I must have jumped 50 feet straight up. What??? "Keep your eyes OPEN Grandmom". So, I'm not allowed to dose off.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #2681
Angelrose

The weather sure was nasty on Easter. We just ate out and then I came home.

That is a beautiful picture of the lights on the Empire State building. The colors are so pretty. The clouds and fog make it look very romantic.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:41 AM   #2682
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Oh look at those children! Where does Karen get their pictures done, Angelrose? Of course, it helps that Jesse and Zoey are so photogenic.

I am taking Sophia in this morning for photos - she is quite shy and reserved unless we get lucky and assigned an especially engaging photographer. Hope hers come out half as well as Jesse and Zoey's!

LOVE your Easter Bonnet!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #2683
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

Angelrose, sounds like a fun trip to Storybook Land and wonderful Easter! Love your fun Easter bonnet shot and as always Jesse and Zoey's photos are so creative and adorable ! IMO, Jesse looks like his Daddy and Zoey really favors you ! And no AR, don't you know grandparents never get tired and can never dose off!?!

Sending big ((hugs)) you get your car back soon w/all boos boos mended, as sure know the aggervation and stress of not having your own car. This is where the other ins. company needs to consider 'pain & suffering & inconvenience' compensation when you settle.

We had a wonderful trip to NC visiting our youngest DD/family for Easter and her BD . Enjoyed Easter Bunny visit, dying eggs w/grands and a fun hunt, DD's BD dinner at Longhorn and helped grands make an Angel Food Lush cake for dessert . We had an adventure to their big Farmer's Market to get some eggs/veggies to make yummy Frittatas for Easter breakfast and homemade juices, and our 10yo DGS picked up some veggie seedlings to grow in the hot house he and his Dad set up. Also took grands to see The Croods 3D, followed by a fun trip to Sweet Frogs for yogurt.

Got back just in time celebrate to our oldest's DD's birthday dinner outing at Tequila Grill! Good times!!

Glad everyone had a nice Easter. snapppyd ~ sorry Central Park didn't pan out, but your italian din sounds yummy. Love that creative shot! Wish I could add some pix, but the new photobucket layout is not cooperating with me.
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50th Golden Years....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #2684
Angelrose

Thank you Minnie&Nana and 4nana. We get their pictures done at the mall at the Picture Place (or is it the Picture People?). We always ask for the same woman. She manages to get the most perfect shots with two wiggly kids. She is very quick on that button.

4nana what a busy Easter you had. Sounds wonderful. Lots of good food and fun things to do. I wish I could grow vegetables or flowers, but the deer, bunnies and turtles love them too much. The only thing I can grow is basil on my back porch from June to usually October. This summer I might get one flowering plant for the back porch too. I'll have to see how much room I have after the basil.

I got my car back today and it looks gorgeous. The paint matches perfectly too. The man at the garage said he loves my car. They don't make them like that anymore for sure. The ride is so smoooooth and quiet. The only thing I wish is that it took regular gas. Buying premium gas all the time is PRICEY.

I stopped at the grocery store and got some veggies and some Kosher dill spears. I haven't seen them in my usual grocery store so I was glad to get them. I also found a new peanut butter that only has 100 calories for 2 tablespoons. It's called Better N Peanut Butter. It tastes so good. I can't really see any difference between that and the regular peanut butter.

Gee, now I can make peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. Don't laugh, I've been making those sandwiches for years. Ron used to make funny faces at me when I would eat them, but I loved them.

So I had a good day all around.

Oh and I'm glad you all liked my Easter Bonnet. Zoey picked that out at Target all by herself. She had to have that pink hat.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #2685
minniecarousel
Chris Isaak fan
I'll take my earthquakes over tornadoes & hurricanes any day!
What's up with ruining corn by "creaming" it?

I agree with 4nana - about Zoey taking after you and Jesse looking like his Daddy. They are adorable kids!

Glad you got your car back Angelrose. It's so nice to drive what's familiar.

We had a crowd of about 20 or so here for Easter Brunch. I baked a ham, they brought the sides.

I talked to my younger son in NY on Thursday. He was driving home to Long Island after working in NJ. I'm afraid that he's already tiring of his commute. He works from home on Mondays and Fridays, drives into NJ very early on Tuesday mornings and home on Thursday afternoons. He goes to where the client is, so it won't be forever. I suppose he's making it work. He also called on Sunday evening, just to say "Happy Easter". I really appreciated that. It still seems so weird having him that far away.

minniecarousel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: