Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 09:31 PM   #76
RedsDrew
Mouseketeer

Since I'm assuming some people will go to Tyhpoon Lagoon Friday night, what about Thursday night, May 30th? At 10 or 11ish?
June 2014 - BWI; May/June 2013 - POR; May/June 2012 - POFQ; Sept 2011 - POFQ for MNSSHP; Nov 2010 - AKL for MMVCP; July 2010 - Pop Century for 4th of July; May/June 2010 - Contemporary; Apr 2010 - CBR; Nov 2009 - POR for MMVCP[/B]
RedsDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #77
disney4rfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsDrew View Post
Since I'm assuming some people will go to Tyhpoon Lagoon Friday night, what about Thursday night, May 30th? At 10 or 11ish?
Sounds like a plan to me. I'll be there - who else is in?
disney4rfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #78
cmhguy
Mouseketeer

Happy to see all the POR stays!!! Thurs evening works great! Counting down the days!!!!

Anyone ever done CP for breakfast at MK on Saturday - or are going this year? We have never been to CP and are going this year with an early 8:05 rez. People we've met during GayDays have recommended it......

Anyone going to the Tidal Wave Party Fri night? .....we usually rent a car to go, but waiting for the rates to drop......

Other than that - looking forward to a good time, hanging out and meeting new people and hopefully seeing people we've met in previous years....
cmhguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #79
RedsDrew
Mouseketeer

Let's plan on meeting at 10:30 PM (right in the middle) at River Roost Lounge in POR on Thursday, May 30th.

CMHGUY, I'm going with my partner and his Mom. I booked us a rez at 8:20 AM that Saturday at CP in the MK, so we will be there shortly behind you. It's amazing to be in the park prior to rope drop and have barely anyone on Main Street (if you haven't already experienced that yet). It's a cool photo op. As far as TIDAL WAVE, we're not going this year, but I went last year. It's always a little crazy. In the past, I've ridden the bus to DTD and walked (more like ran) across the parkway to TL and then did the trip back to get a bus from DTD to my resort.

On Saturday night, I think we're going to hop over to the BW Resort and hit up Jellyroll's and Atlantic City Dance Hall. I had a blast last year at those places, as most of the people there were "family."
June 2014 - BWI; May/June 2013 - POR; May/June 2012 - POFQ; Sept 2011 - POFQ for MNSSHP; Nov 2010 - AKL for MMVCP; July 2010 - Pop Century for 4th of July; May/June 2010 - Contemporary; Apr 2010 - CBR; Nov 2009 - POR for MMVCP[/B]
Old 04-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #80
cmhguy
Mouseketeer

We will probably arrive at RiverRoost earlier than 10:30 - we've never experienced YeeHa Bob - any experience seeing him?

We've never been to Jellyrolls - that sounds fun!!! I always forget about that place.......usually, we've been there for a week at that point and we're ready to crash after MK closes....

I'm excited for CP too! I can't wait to see Main St empty and get some pics!

Tidal Wave Party is at WetnWild at US - if we go, we'll need to rent a car - last year it was so cold, so we are thinking we'll wait to see what the weather is like and go last minute if we decide. If not, we may hit up JellyRolls Fri night too - or hang at POR and RiverRoost....maybe a quiet pool....

DP is all about StarWars - and we are there at rope drop on Fridays which was like 7 or 7:30 last year... Plan to do the same this year....
cmhguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #81
RedsDrew
Mouseketeer

My apologies. I confused Tidal Wave with RipTide at TL. Never done Tidal Wave. Wonder if they're similar?

If you decide not to Tidal Wave, let me know. I can hit up Jellyroll's Friday night instead. I usually make rope drop for HS and MK. This year I have breakfast reservations in most of the parks prior to rope drop. I love a big breakfast. Lots of meat... bacon I mean

What is everyone's favorite thing about Gay Days at Disney World?
Old 04-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #82
Brrrendon
Earning My Ears

10:30 at River Roost Thursday and Jelly Rolls or Atlantic Dance Hall afterward would be fun.
Brrrendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #83
JamesSellDE
Hey from Delaware

I would like to officially introduce myself. This will be my third trip to Gay Days, signed up to be a volunteer and hope to enjoy it!

I will be traveling alone and hope to make many new friends. If you would like to know somewhat about me, I'm 32wm, 5'11", 250, and very adventurous.
JamesSellDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #84
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

Could someone offer me quick advice about avoiding Gay Day crowds?

A friend of mine is going with her neice and her neice's children between June 1-June 7. They are very accepting and pro-gay, but I'm trying to help them negotiate fast-passes, and best parks to target on a given day.

I've never gone down for Gay Days, so I don't know if the events are centered on any given park on any given day.

Again, they'll be thrilled to party with everybody, but they won't be super-thrilled to stand in longer lines unnecessarily.
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #85
chwgmjay
I think your giraffe is being towed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedog1975 View Post
Could someone offer me quick advice about avoiding Gay Day crowds?

A friend of mine is going with her neice and her neice's children between June 1-June 7. They are very accepting and pro-gay, but I'm trying to help them negotiate fast-passes, and best parks to target on a given day.

I've never gone down for Gay Days, so I don't know if the events are centered on any given park on any given day.

Again, they'll be thrilled to party with everybody, but they won't be super-thrilled to stand in longer lines unnecessarily.
The only thing to really do to avoid lines is to hit a park other than the Magic Kingdom on Sat... Otherwise it won't be too bad the rest of the weekend.
chwgmjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #86
chwgmjay
I think your giraffe is being towed.

Also, for anyone interested we have a group res setup at crystal palace Sat morning with plenty of open seats. Let me know if you would like to join us.

It was originally planned as prepaid but we have changed it to post-paid so people can use ddp credits if they want.
chwgmjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #87
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chwgmjay View Post
Also, for anyone interested we have a group res setup at crystal palace Sat morning with plenty of open seats. Let me know if you would like to join us.

It was originally planned as prepaid but we have changed it to post-paid so people can use ddp credits if they want.
That's an incredible idea . I've done Crystal Palace breakfast both in 2011 and 2012. I'm sure it's a blast with a restaurant full of family.

Thank you for the advice on MK Saturday. That'll be a travel day for them, so they should be good to go. My friend intends to be in her FabHag best through the week regardless. I'm surprised there is only one heavy/target day.
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #88
RedsDrew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chwgmjay View Post

Where have you been? I miss seeing your purty face
Old 04-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #89
future84
Earning My Ears

So I'm uber excited for the drinking around the world...

What other events do DISsers have planned?

future84
future84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #90
dano4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by future84 View Post
So I'm uber excited for the drinking around the world...

What other events do DISsers have planned?
Drinks on top of Bay Lake Tower for fellow DVC members?
dano4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: