Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #23
CMA21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
How literal are you about being between Philadelphia and Boston? Mostly what is in between there is eastern PA, most of NJ, NYC, and CT.

If you look at it as a triangle, the Albany metro area would be good. I've spent a few summers there, though, and I wouldn't call it small or quaint. Maybe Cooperstown or Altamont, although they are very small (about 1,700 people each).

I've heard of Saratoga Springs, but I've never been there.

I would campaign for somewhere in my area, but it's much closer to Philly than Boston.
Well right now we're 8 hours from Philly and 2 hours from Boston, so ideally we'd like to be a little more like 4 hours from each. If we find the right place though we're not opposed to an 8 hour drive to either because we do it now, but it wouldn't be our first choice.

I actually see on the side there you're from Bethlehem, Pa...I actually grew up around the Doylestown area if you know where that is (about 40 minutes south of you actually). I love my area...we're just trying to find somewhere a little more in between as opposed to one person's hometown over the others.

Here's some answers to the questions you posed...which I hope helps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelled View Post
Some questions that might help narrow things down a bit:

1. How close to a bigger city would you want the town to be?
I'd say within a 2 hour drive would be ideal, but if we have all the amenities around us (department stores, movie theaters, etc.) it's not as necessary to be super close.
2. How rural would you like the surrounding area to be?
I wouldn't say too rural, just because we live somewhere like that right now and it can be frustrating when we do have to get somewhere. I grew up near some farms and stuff though, so I like land, but would prefer it not to be more than a 15 minute drive to a larger road.
3. Do you prefer mountains or the beach? Do you care about living near either?
We really don't have a preference, but if I had to pick one I think we'd chose mountains cause we actually do enjoy skiing / snowboarding a lot.
4. How close to an interstate do you want to be?
I'd say within a 10-15 minute drive would be ideal.
5. What would you like the area's price range/average income to be?
We're looking in a price range of around $1500/month for a 2 bedroom apartment. So if we can afford than that's the most important thing haha
Thanks again so much for all the suggestions and input, I will definitely be looking into all these places. It really is helping me out a lot in our search!

Getting Married 10/13/13 at WP and ADH!
CMA21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: