Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #1
newfiegirl
Hello Mickey!

strange request...I need your help/advice

All of a sudden our party of 11 has jumped to 15 family members (reuniting from all over Canada and US). I need a house that has 6 or 7 bedrooms, or a group of condos or some place to put us all. Is it possible that someone out there can help me? I also have 2 families in the group on a tight budget, so that's not helping matters either. I have put in literally hundreds of requests for prices/availability on housing rental sites and I cannot get anything with the dates I want: July 3-10. We don't know anything about the Orlando area, so somewhere within driving distance to the parks would be nice. Please, Please, Please help or steer me in the right direction.
newfiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:39 AM   #2
kokomos
Mouseketeer

have you looked on ebay?

Last edited by kokomos; 04-03-2013 at 12:46 AM.
kokomos is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 12:56 AM   #3
kokomos
Mouseketeer

Ive never stayed in this area but alot of people enjoy the Davenport area. This one is brand new so it may be avi. http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3519642
kokomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #4
LuvMyEAR
Mouseketeer

Not a strange request at all. BTW, best of luck planning this trip...it takes a lot of patience and understanding to co-ordinate a group!

Check vrbo.com, if you haven't already done so. It is fairly easy to search. Look for the area "Kissimmee Central West" enter your size requirements (6+ bedrooms) Emerald Island Resort is showing a couple of 7 bedroom places available for those dates, and one is fairly reasonable, in my mind.

Now, given that you are travelling at a PEAK time, you know you will be paying High or Holiday season rates. Ouch! And that parks will be crowded. Very crowded. Weather will be hotter than heck. You certainly will not need to pay for pool heat.

Emerald Island Resort is a decent location. It is about 10 min to WDW, and about 25-30 to Universal and Sea World areas. You will find convenient stores close at hand. Kissimmee is definitely our preferred base when we travel to the area. There are 2 Formosa resorts which a bit closer to WDW, as well as some others, but not all offer 7 bedroom homes.

A word of warning, many owners will adhere strictly to the posted max # of guests, due to fire regulations, so try to steer clear of any which sleep up to 14 if you have 15 guests, even infants.

This may sound a bit negative in tone...it is not meant to be so in any way! Orlando is my favourite vacation destination ever, and you will have lots of fun. Having stayed in vacation homes a number of times, I would never go back to a hotel room. In fact, my DD & I ended up in a 3 BR condo for just 2 of us...it was competitively priced and we really enjoy our own space. LOL. But do be prepared for the heat and crowds.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
dougsmom98
DIS Veteran

Here is a company that advertises homes that can be rented that are next door to one another. They also have some 7 bedroom homes. There is one towards the bottom that sleeps 16 people. It would be worth checking some of these out.
http://www.orlando4villas.com/sidebyside.php

Up next - Off Site @ Grand Reserve April, 2015
1st Trip Dec 2002 - Holiday Inn Nicki Bird, 2nd Trip June 2004 - Fantasy World Villas, 3rd Trip Feb 2006 - Windsor Palms, 4th Trip Feb 2007 - Regal Palms, 5th Trip Feb 2008 - Solana Resort, 6th Trip Feb 2009 - Windwood Bay, 7th Trip Feb 2010 - Grand Reserve, 8th trip Feb 2011 - Grand Reserve, 9th trip Feb 2012 Grand Reserve, 10th trip April 2012 Disney Land - Castle Inn and Suites, 11th trip Feb 2013 Grand Reserve, 12th Trip Feb 2014 Grand Reserve
dougsmom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

I noticed Villa Direct has 6 and 7 bedroom homes. I checked into them once and found a 4 bedroom for $100 a night so I would think you could get a 6 bedroom for around $300 or $400 a night with a pool and a game room. Not sure about your dates. You are kinda close to your dates already and summer dates usually book up months and months in advance.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #7
Lisa AF
DIS Veteran

We have stayed in homes on 27. Don't be afraid of renting a home in the davenport and Clermont areas. The homes will be more affordable and you'll still be in easy driving distance.
If you need help with a search, inbox me. We have rented many homes in the area. I know it can be overwhelming the first time.

Lisa AF is offline   Reply With Quote