Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #496
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

That episode was FANTASTIC!!!!!!
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Castle: She's proud of you. Wherever she is, she's proud.
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #497
CourtasanSatine
I'm partial to the 4th seaters
Has a crush on James Marsden
I'm a Trendy in a Preppy family

This one was too much fun! And the idea of "Bigfoot" in 2 weeks is looking to be pretty funny.

Come and get me boys: Satine

"For Justice!" "For Kibbles!"

"Or maybe its the plumbing!"

CourtasanSatine is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #498
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

"Hm ... must be writers ..."

All of the little shoutouts were great fun.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #499
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Some quick comments (I've only watched it once - well, I watched certain parts again this morning) --

1. Loved Martha calling her "Katherine", just like the way she calls him "Richard". Must be thinking of Kate as part of the family

2. Loved the guys posing as Angels for Rick.

3. Kate looked so beautiful in that dress! and her hair!

4. loved how Rick was able to help Kate solve the case

There's a lot more that I loved, but I want to watch again to make sure I get everything. But I think that is now my favorite episode!
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #500
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

So you think that's why she was calling her Katherine? I thought it was an odd departure, as Martha has routinely been calling her Kate since "Cops & Robbers" (4x07).

I can see "Richard" being different for her than "Kate" -- after all, she chose "Richard", and if there is anything we know about on the DIS, it's Moms who hate other people adultering the names they choose for their children.
(Darned if I know what the Alexander part is about, but "Richard Rodgers" was, of course, the Rodgers half of Rodgers & Hart and Rodgers & Hammerstein. It would be totally in character for Martha to name her son after her favorite Broadway producer.)

My best guess AFTER I watched the ep was that Martha did it to remind Kate that she was now "on", but I really don't know. (Though it was funny in the reveal scene how she had the "cast" come out for their curtain call -- in traditional reverse order of importance, LOL.)

Typically for me, the one issue was how they would insure that he was actually watching the action at the proper time -- I decided that they must have rigged a webcam near the loft windows for Martha's crew to monitor.

PS: About the dress. That was also from Rear Window in a manner of speaking -- it was designed to be reminiscent of the black chiffon dress worn by Grace Kelly in the film:

PPS: I'm wondering if we shouldn't be spelling Katharine with an A. According to Marlowe, the character's middle name is Houghton, and she is named after that OTHER Kate whose middle name was Houghton: Katharine Hepburn.

Last edited by NotUrsula; 04-02-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #501
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Well, according to Terri Edda Miller, co-writter & Mrs. Marlowe, that "Katherine" is "Martha's way". So I may not be that far off in thinking that it's her way of showing Kate she's part of their little family now. I know someone who never shortens any of her children's, in-law's or grandchildren's names, ever. That may have been what made me think that was what Martha was doing.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #502
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
Well, according to Terri Edda Miller, co-writter & Mrs. Marlowe, that "Katherine" is "Martha's way". So I may not be that far off in thinking that it's her way of showing Kate she's part of their little family now. I know someone who never shortens any of her children's, in-law's or grandchildren's names, ever. That may have been what made me think that was what Martha was doing.
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that your impression wasn't a valid one; I have no idea why Martha did it. I guess the real answer will lie in subsequent episodes. If she keeps doing it, then I'm obviously wrong and it wasn't about the "play", but something deeper.

Of course, I can also easily see Martha finding out about Kate's middle name as they grow closer, and deciding that someone named after the woman who holds the record for most Oscar wins in the Best Actress category really deserves the dignity of her full name.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #503
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Here's what Nathan did last summer:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Nathan-F...l-1063341.aspx

Old 04-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #504
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

I had a whole list of neat things from this week's episode but then I left it on my desk at work. (was working on it on my downtime, I swear!)

Old 04-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #505
Pikester
DIS Veteran

I have never posted on this thread before (I think) but I just had to say that Monday night's episode was AWESOME! I figured "it" out when Kate went over to confront the man in the apartment and he grabbed her. Then the show went to commercial. I looked at my husband and said "Oh, I get it! I bet...." and I was right. It did take most of the show though.

Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #506
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
I have never posted on this thread before (I think) but I just had to say that Monday night's episode was AWESOME! I figured "it" out when Kate went over to confront the man in the apartment and he grabbed her. Then the show went to commercial. I looked at my husband and said "Oh, I get it! I bet...." and I was right. It did take most of the show though.
I figured it out around the time he got Alexis involved. She barely tried to talk him out of it. And I also remembered this year's Valentine Day show when Rick thought the case was his present, so I thought to myself, I bet this is his birthday present.

That was one of the things on my list. Let's see if I can remember the throwbacks to past episodes:

1. the helicopter
2. the shredded credit cards - made me think of the little bitty pieces of the file in the first episode of this year (After The Storm)
3. Castle playing with the magnifying glass - remember he once asked Kate for hers? (I think that was sometime in the 2nd season)
4. the "body" in the rug - from "Hell Hath No Fury", an episode from season 1.
5A. the bolt cutters/storage space - from the 2 part episode in season 3
5B. the storage space - from "Secret's Safe With Me" from this year
6. when Castle called Kate to find out when she was coming home - made me think of all the times Jenny calls Ryan. And I really thought about that when she said "shut up" to Espo

I loved that the "100" stuff in the title sequence. Also loved Rick & Kate's conversation about how they've solved "about 100 murders" and toasting for "100 more"

Old 04-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #507
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

You forgot the body in the fridge -- that was from 2x14. The episode was titled "The Third Man" -- which also happens to be the title of a film noir from 1949 that was also something of an homage to Hitchcock's style (it has a lot of his trademark elements, but was directed by someone else, Carol Reed, and Graham Greene wrote the story. It starred Joseph Cotton as an American pulp novelist who is an unwitting party to a vast hoax being perpetrated by an old friend -- and doesn't that sound familiar?)

The large pearl bracelet that Kate wore on her left wrist for the party scene was also a reference to Rear Window. Grace Kelly wore a very similar bracelet (a somewhat larger one) with the green & white suit costume.

I figured it out when I saw Kate's dress, which had the 1950's all over it. However, on my second time around I realized there was a bigger clue in the conversation that Kate had with Esposito after Castle told her not to bother to come back to check on him. They were talking about whether they should blow the surprise a day early because he seemed to be getting too upset about it, but it still wasn't completely obvious.

PS: It was rather funny that when Alexis was "spying" she was more interested in pecs than evidence ... "He's cute!" (If you watch the bonus footage that ABC has made available of the party scene, there is a bit in it where Alexis takes that interest a bit further, and is obviously flirting with the actor who played "Michael the murderer")

Last edited by NotUrsula; 04-04-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #508
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Yeah, working from memory and my memory stinks. Because the body in the fridge is from one of my favorite episodes, The Third Man.

Also from Rear Window: Kate getting a ride in the wheelchair by sitting on Rick's lap.

and another I forgot: Gates yelling at them was similar to her yelling at Espo & Kate from "Always". Rick volunteering to "wait in the car" after that was the opposite of almost every time she's told him to wait in the car, LOL.

When I went back to watch the episode, I caught a few little grins that Kate did when she was hugging Rick from behind. Now they have a new meaning.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #509
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

And another one: the apartment where the "murder" happened was Apt. 54, and Rear Window was released in ... 1954.

FWIW, there are two other number references that may or may not be significant, according to various internet speculators. Both of them (if they were intentional, and no one connected with the show has said that they were, so this is something of a stretch) are thought to reference previous episode numbering. The time on Castle's watch when he gets out of bed is 3:13 (3x13 "Knockdown" includes the infamous first kiss), and the number of the storage unit is 319 (3x19 "Law & Murder" ... in which Castle lies to Beckett about never having seen Forbidden Planet; the ep. where they discover their shared love of classic films.)
Old 04-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #510
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

another: the picture of Rick on Kate's phone is the same picture they use on "Richard Castle"'s Nikki Heat books.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: