Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #31
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Leia View Post

That's right it is only £20 between adult and child park tickets so it would have been well worth doing for the 14 nights. Tinkerpea was your dining booked within a flight package? Just wondering, as other posters have mentioned, if that is what is making the difference.
I have done it both ways Hun, with flights inclusive and with out flights.
I also know that somebody else on dis has just recently upgraded their child to the adult quick serve plan and their's is also a package flight inclusive deal!! with virgin I believe.

Is your package with Disney travel company or somebody else? I do know that virgin originally tried to charge them the full amount something like £600 odd but thy made sure to keep on explaining they only wanted to upgrade the dining plan aspect and they got back no did it for just the. Difference in ticket.

Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
Old 04-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #32
scoobydooby
Dreaming of next Disney trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post

I also know that somebody else on dis has just recently upgraded their child to the adult quick serve plan and their's is also a package flight inclusive deal!! with virgin I believe.
I'm just asking, but why pay to upgrade on the quick service plan? They don't differentiate between children and adults credits? Or at least. My kids when under 10 and on the regular plan ate nearly all adult meals at the QS places and it was never an issue, our KTTW cards clearly did not differentiate adult/children's credits for QS places. Is this different if you are actually on the QS plan? Interesting if it is.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #33
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post

I'm just asking, but why pay to upgrade on the quick service plan? They don't differentiate between children and adults credits? Or at least. My kids when under 10 and on the regular plan ate nearly all adult meals at the QS places and it was never an issue, our KTTW cards clearly did not differentiate adult/children's credits for QS places. Is this different if you are actually on the QS plan? Interesting if it is.

That's because as per Disney written rules you are not to get adult meals with child credits at QS places unless they don't offer a child's selection!

So yes your correct in the fact that the system can not tell the difference between adult/child but its still written on your card and your meant
to keep track of how many you have of each..

Wether or not you decide to follow disney's rules is up to you but they are there, servers do clamp down at times and only allow you to purchase the amount of adult QS that is on your card at any one time,
So for example your card says 2adult 2 child then you will only be able to get 2 adult meals at any one time!
This is why some people would pay to upgrade on the QS

Old 04-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #34
scoobydooby

Quote:

That's because as per Disney written rules you are not to get adult meals with child credits at QS places unless they don't offer a child's selection!

So yes your correct in the fact that the system can not tell the difference between adult/child but its still written on your card and your meant
to keep track of how many you have of each..

Wether or not you decide to follow disney's rules is up to you but they are there, servers do clamp down at times and only allow you to purchase the amount of adult QS that is on your card at any one time,
So for example your card says 2adult 2 child then you will only be able to get 2 adult meals at any one time!
This is why some people would pay to upgrade on the QS
Well all I can say is they have never applied that rule to us. As for the rules. Disney could easily clamp down on this if they cared as they do at TS. So of they don't care, neither do I. They don't complain when she eats off the children's menu at TS places where we have paid for an adult credit on the plan for her either
Old 04-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #35
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well all I can say is they have never applied that rule to us. As for the rules. Disney could easily clamp down on this if they cared as they do at TS. So of they don't care, neither do I. They don't complain when she eats off the children's menu at TS places where we have paid for an adult credit on the plan for her either
And like I said that it your choice to make, if you go onto the US dining section you will see this comes up a lot and that it is severely frowned upon which is why people PAY to upgrade you asked why and I told you why

Old 04-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #36
scoobydooby

Quote:

And like I said that it your choice to make, if you go onto the US dining section you will see this comes up a lot and that it is severely frowned upon which is why people PAY to upgrade you asked why and I told you why
Please don't shout at me (PAY).

If Disney severely frowned upon it they would not let it happen. This is a massive and financially organised corporation, one of the biggest in the world, do you think they haven't clocked this is happening? Given that of course they have, does it not suggest they don't care? For what it's worth the first trip we did this before the kids were over 10 I asked at the first 5 CS places and the hotel front desk if this was allowed as I'd only read about it online and wasn't sure it was okay. They all said yes go ahead. After 5 times of been told yes i stopped asking. So. I was and still would be more than happy to go with the position of paid Disney personnel over and above those on a forum.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #37
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If Disney severely frowned upon it they would not let it happen. This is a massive and financially organised corporation, one of the biggest in the world, do you think they haven't clocked this is happening? Given that of course they have, does it not suggest they don't care? For what it's worth the first trip we did this before the kids were over 10 I asked at the first 5 CS places and the hotel front desk if this was allowed as I'd only read about it online and wasn't sure it was okay. They all said yes go ahead. After 5 times of been told yes i stopped asking. So. I was and still would be more than happy to go with the position of paid Disney personnel over and above those on a forum.
I'm not going to get into an argument with you!!!!
You asked why somebody would pay to upgrade the QS and I told you why that's that's all there is to it!

Old 04-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #38
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:

Tinkerpea is correct. If in doubt, please consult the Dining Plan brochure. Disney should not have to enforce terms that are clearly legible.

Not only that, but it is against the DISboards policy to discuss 'breaching' or playing the system on the forums. Just saying ....
Old 04-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #39
scoobydooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post

Tinkerpea is correct. If in doubt, please consult the Dining Plan brochure. Disney should not have to enforce terms that are clearly legible.

Not only that, but it is against the DISboards policy to discuss 'breaching' or playing the system on the forums. Just saying ....
Oh please.

Playing the system by doing something paid staff said was fine?

The sanctimonious manner of some here has me done, which is a shame as I've very much enjoyed talking Disney with some lovely fans.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #40
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Oh please.

Playing the system by doing something paid staff said was fine?

The sanctimonious manner of some here has me done, which is a shame as I've very much enjoyed talking Disney with some lovely fans.
All I did was referred you to written terms and conditions. There are DISboard policies and there are Disney policies. They are all there in black and white for you to read. We were simply referring you to the facts.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: