Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #16
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

I would have REALLY loved to see Spectro! I am torn on MSEP... I remember it from when I was a kid, so there is some nostalgia there... and I LOVE Elliot at the end, but overall, it just seems to be... I don't know, missing something? I've heard (and maybe this is wrong?) that Flora, Fauna, Merryweather and some Fantasia characters were part of Spectro & I love those so much more than Alice in Wonderland & Tinkerbell....
Old 03-30-2013, 01:22 AM   #17
MinervaMouse
Earning My Ears

The first nighttime parade I saw was Spectro ('08). I was roughly fourteen and the last time I had been at WDW was in '99. The music brought me to tears, I absolutely loved it, and I had the opportunity to see it three more times. When I went in July, the first summer it switched back to MSEP, I was disappointed. It was a pretty parade, don't get me wrong, but did not move me as much as Spectro. The Alice float is darling, as well as Prince Charming and the Tremaine sisters, but overall, not as magical as Spectro. So sad to see it isn't returning.
MinervaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 06:42 PM   #18
SamiL
Mouseketeer

So...they managed to keep the ones from the 70's in good condition all these years, but they couldn't keep Spectro from deteriorating over the past few?
Old 03-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #19
pbryan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~With that said, I would love a new parade! I wonder if Disney will switch to LED lights for the new floats. We'll see.
FWIW,
I've seen the "new" (since 2010) version of MSEP a couple of times and I'm pretty sure the majority of the lights in the parade are LEDs.
pbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #20
Don Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11290 View Post
Actually, may it "rust" in peace.
"Rust Never Sleeps"!
Don Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #21
Twiggy
Earning My Ears

how sad
Twiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #22
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

eventually even yoda died.

come on, people....first off - all their parades end up morphing into the same thing "the power of magical wishes and dreams presented with ______"

second, its time to GO!!! they keep recycling the same parades around the globe for 30 years or more. No parade is better that the same stuff over and over again.

third, in this high tech media world...does anyone even care about parades anymore? really...i can't even see what the hubbub is for anyone over the age of about 8 with these things. 1st timers...ok...i'll give you its cool. but they have no repeat value without new kids to show them too.

except the electrical water pageant...that's cool.

seriously...can we go back to one of the "hot air balloon" parades they had in the late 80's or 90's? those were neat at least.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #23
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

OMGGGGG!!! I cant believe I'm reading this, I've been holding out hope for it's return for sooooo long!!!!
I need a moment to mourn

SpectroMagic*o* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #24
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamiL View Post
So...they managed to keep the ones from the 70's in good condition all these years, but they couldn't keep Spectro from deteriorating over the past few?
I was thinking the SAME thing!!! Very strange!

SpectroMagic*o* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #25
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamiL View Post
MSEP was hardly in "good" condition when it arrived at WDW in early 2010. Took months just to get it in parade condition for summer 2010 and is taking a lot of work just to keep it going. Tinker Bell float was out of service a few weeks ago for over a week and consumed a lot of man hours just to fix lighting issues.
11290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #26
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbryan View Post
FWIW,
I've seen the "new" (since 2010) version of MSEP a couple of times and I'm pretty sure the majority of the lights in the parade are LEDs.
~Okay, I have seen the new version. I guess I was expecting them to look like the common LED Christmas lights, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
eventually even yoda died.

come on, people....first off - all their parades end up morphing into the same thing "the power of magical wishes and dreams presented with ______"

second, its time to GO!!! they keep recycling the same parades around the globe for 30 years or more. No parade is better that the same stuff over and over again.

third, in this high tech media world...does anyone even care about parades anymore? really...i can't even see what the hubbub is for anyone over the age of about 8 with these things. 1st timers...ok...i'll give you its cool. but they have no repeat value without new kids to show them too.

except the electrical water pageant...that's cool.

seriously...can we go back to one of the "hot air balloon" parades they had in the late 80's or 90's? those were neat at least.
~No. My goodness -- I LOVE the night time electrical parade, so much! I really hope Disney keeps MSEP or create a new show, it's so magical.

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #27
nu2dvc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectroMagic*o* View Post
OMGGGGG!!! I cant believe I'm reading this, I've been holding out hope for it's return for sooooo long!!!!
I need a moment to mourn
THIS.

I really am in shock cause I thought all this time that it was coming back. Decided to search and found this thread.

Sorry I did!

MSEP in my opinion is nowhere near as good as Spectro was. I can not believe they let it it rust, rot, whatever they did. Shame on them!
nu2dvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #28
SamiL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11290 View Post
MSEP was hardly in "good" condition when it arrived at WDW in early 2010. Took months just to get it in parade condition for summer 2010 and is taking a lot of work just to keep it going. Tinker Bell float was out of service a few weeks ago for over a week and consumed a lot of man hours just to fix lighting issues.
Okay, then salvagable condition. It doesn't change my point. Which is: They managed to keep the old one from completely rotting away for over 30 years, and were able to restore it. But there's no hope for the newer one? It's in hopeless condition after just a few years?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #29
makeitmagic39
Earning My Ears

The only thing I enjoy about the MSEP is the US float. And I guess Pete from Pete's Dragon because he said happy birthday to me two years ago. Other then that, the music makes me want to plug my ears and I hate that there are so few characters.

I LOVED Spectromagic. The music was so wonderful and the floats were pretty and the characters were much better. I was upset when they decided to take the Villain float away, but of course they have taken Villains out of the park almost all together. Except for during Halloween of course. Which sucks for those of us who can't actually go during that time.

Whateveskies. I guess I just wont care to make it to the parade when I am there this June. Bummer.

It will happen
makeitmagic39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #30
ford91exploder
Mouseketeer

Part of the problem is Spectromagic is controlled by PLC's on a wireless link and the PLC's used are ANCIENT and no longer available commercially, I think the real reason it was pulled was Disney ran out of spare PLC modules, To do the parade again would involve a fairly extensive software development project. This is ENTIRELY SPECULATION on my part. (except the bit about PLC's)

WDW 07/05, WDW 06/06, DLR 07/07 SSR 08/08 SSR 05/09 AKL 07/09 SSR 12/09 Next BLT 05/10 AKL 12/10
Team Focker Watch
ford91exploder is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: