Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #61
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Seeing them a second time I have to say that those mini cupcakes look like such a great treat! I love that you can get a variety so you can sample a little of each flavor.
Yes, they were very good. If we had a longer trip, I would definitely have gotten them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Love the reviews so far! We haven't tried Rose and Crown (yet) but we should add it to our list since it always gets good reviews.

I had the short ribs at les chefs last year and I was disappointed. I can't put my finger on why but I think it might be that I didn't like them over pasta. Dh ordered the steak and it was very good.
Definitely try R&C! We really enjoy it there. I like the short ribs at Chefs but I don't love them like DS. He is not really a potatoes guy and would rather have pasta with anything so that is probably why they work for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Mini cupcake selection - that right there is a good reason to stay at AoA!
Great review of Chefs
I didn't realise that Remy was at dinner, I thought it was just lunch
Yes, it is! I didn't think we would see Remy either. Our original ADR was for 6:00 but we checked in around 5. It was his last pass thru of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
A friend of mine had the same breed of cat and I think it is that breed that acts like a dog. He was the cutest kitty ever. When I would take care of him when they were out of town, he would follow me around like a dog and sniff me. It was so cute and he was such a friendly guy. He passed away of old age last year.

Your Catdog is such a pretty furbaby.

I am also following along with your dining review. Love the AoA pics. We really enjoy Rose and Crown it is one of our favorites.

That is exactly what Tig does with the woman who care for him when we are all away. Thanks for following along!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:15 PM   #62
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Wonderful reviews of Rose & Crown and Chefs de France.

Both looked like good meals!

I love how you snuck some pictures of others meals. The cheese plate actually looks pretty good.

the scotch egg is intriguing but I am not a HUGE fan of hard-boiled eggs so I'm not sure how that would go over for me.

The onion soup at Chefs is really good and pretty filling as well!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 02:19 PM   #63
labfan
Mouseketeer

Enjoy reading your reviews. Sounds like a nice time was had.
Good luck in your job search.
labfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #64
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

On Sunday morning we once again didn’t get up as early as we had hoped but we eventually made it to the MK. Started off the morning with a breakfast of beignets.

These were tasty and hit the spot. A little doughier than other beignets I have had but they were still good.

Did some of the Fantasyland rides …

We eventually made our way over to Be Our Guest for lunch. We had just an awful experience for dinner last November during the Passholder’s preview. Definitely the worst meal we had ever had in Disney and possibly the worst meal we had ever had. But reviews on the Dis have been good so I convinced Andrew that we needed to try it again for lunch. Also prepared him that we may have to wait in a crazy long line. The line wasn’t actually too bad. About a half hour from getting in line until we were seated and waiting for our food.

We started with the soups - French Onion Soup $4.99 and Potato Leek Soup $4.49

These were much better than they were in November. The French Onion had a good flavor and the Potato Leek was nice and smooth, not grainy like it was the last time. A good start!

We decided to share two sandwiches – the Grilled Steak Sandwich - with garlic butter spread and pommes frites $11.99

And the Croque Monsieur - Grilled sandwich of carved ham, Gruyere cheese, and bechamel with Pommes Frites. $10.99

We were both pleased with the sandwiches. The steak was nice and tender with a good flavor and the Croque Monsieur was a decent ham and cheese sandwich. I preferred the steak while Andrew preferred the ham.

For dessert we got the Lemon Meringue Cupcake - Vanilla sponge cake, lemon custard filling, flamed merinque icing and crunch $2.99 and the Chocolate Cream Puff - filled with chocolate mousse topped with whipped cream $2.99

We were both too full to enjoy these. I cut them both in half and we tried the middles. The lemon was good, nothing special but decent. The cream puff had more of a dark chocolate filling than milk. I think I would have really enjoyed it if I wasn’t so full.

Next up, the storm that changed all of our plans!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
Old 04-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #65
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Wonderful reviews of Rose & Crown and Chefs de France.

Both looked like good meals!

I love how you snuck some pictures of others meals. The cheese plate actually looks pretty good.

the scotch egg is intriguing but I am not a HUGE fan of hard-boiled eggs so I'm not sure how that would go over for me.

The onion soup at Chefs is really good and pretty filling as well!
Thank you! Both were very good. The egg isn't the prominent taste ... not with the sausage & the lucious sauce! Give it a try one day ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by labfan View Post
Enjoy reading your reviews. Sounds like a nice time was had.
Good luck in your job search.
Thank you! We had a great time! Wish we could go back sooner than August!

Old 04-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #66
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Great reviews!! DH & I both want to try the scotch egg @ R&C. But we really disliked the counter service. [we got a hair in our fries ] So it's a silly reason to be scared to try TS there but still not sure w/ all the Epcot choices. Any ways my Q for you is do you like Chefs de France or Rose & Crown better over all? Thanks.
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #67
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I've never had a beignet in my life ..... something I hope to put right in Disneyland next week!

Great update, love the picture of you in Fanatsyland - you look like you are having a blast
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #68
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

great reviews and photos..
Thanks so much for taking the time to do this..
ALL the food looks MARVELOUS...and I can hardly wait for my trip ..its coming up soon

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #69
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
Great reviews!! DH & I both want to try the scotch egg @ R&C. But we really disliked the counter service. [we got a hair in our fries ] So it's a silly reason to be scared to try TS there but still not sure w/ all the Epcot choices. Any ways my Q for you is do you like Chefs de France or Rose & Crown better over all? Thanks.
Ewww! I don't like the QS fish & chips either. I would definitely choose R&C, as much for the atmosphere as the food. I just asked DS and he said Chefs. So I guess we are no help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I've never had a beignet in my life ..... something I hope to put right in Disneyland next week!

Great update, love the picture of you in Fanatsyland - you look like you are having a blast
Yes, you must give them a try ... and yes, I was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
great reviews and photos..
Thanks so much for taking the time to do this..
ALL the food looks MARVELOUS...and I can hardly wait for my trip ..its coming up soon
Thank you! I hope you have a great trip!

Old 04-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #70
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Glad that you were brave enough to return to BOG! The steak sandwich looks really good. Friends that we met up with at WDW last time said the cheese sandwich at BOG was so salty. We currently have a dinner reservation but I may need to give it up so if we have to switch to a lunch it is good to know that there are things on the menu that I would love to try!

At least you can say that you've tried beignets!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #71
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Glad that you were brave enough to return to BOG! The steak sandwich looks really good. Friends that we met up with at WDW last time said the cheese sandwich at BOG was so salty. We currently have a dinner reservation but I may need to give it up so if we have to switch to a lunch it is good to know that there are things on the menu that I would love to try!

At least you can say that you've tried beignets!
Yes, I am very glad we gave BoG a try for lunch. I didn't even try to get a dinner ADR for August ...not sure we are ready for that yet!

We had beignets in Disneyland and loved them! They were much better than the ones in the MK. Lighter from what I remember.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #72
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Ewww! I don't like the QS fish & chips either. I would definitely choose R&C, as much for the atmosphere as the food. I just asked DS and he said Chefs. So I guess we are no help!

LOL!!! Now, I want to try both!!!! Along w/ SAI. My list is endless & now you have me missing Epcot so, so much!!
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #73
TeresaNJ

Knows the tricks to get the Tag Fairies' attention! Likes all pretty colors Gets teary when she hears Garth sing "The Dance"

Really enjoying your report and can't wait to read more! My bff, Kathy, & I are leaving in a little over a month for our first bff girls' trip to WDW! We are so excited, and can't wait!

Sisters, Sisters...December 2012 TR...BWV & VWL
TeresaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #74
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

Where do they have beignets in the MK? I thought they were only at POFQ.
Thanks!!!
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!

scanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #75
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

So Sunday afternoon the plan was for me to find a spot on Main Street to watch the parade while Andrew used fastpasses for Space. It looked like rain so I was happy when we found a bunch under an awning. We had some time before the FPs so Andrew hung with me. And then the rains came!

We had a balloon seller with us and we were helping her hold on to the balloons!

There was an actual river running down Main Street!

We were absolutely soaked. When the wind blew the rain at us, it felt like a bucket of ice water was being thrown at us. We knew we had to head back to AoA to change and unfortunately had to cancel our planned meet at the Poly with Barb (jabead) and family.

Rain let us a bit so we ran to the buses. Just as we got to the Resort, it opened up again. Lightning, wind. Torrential rain. So what to do? Have second lunch!

Pulled Pork Sandwich for Andrew ...

Make your own Salad for me ...

The pulled pork was delicious! Just the right amount of sweetness & tang. Not fatty at all. Very good. My salad was pretty tasty as well. I had most of the veggies they had (no onions or corn for me!) with chicken and blue cheese dressing. It really hit the spot.

And for dessert ... we decided to try the gelato ...

Nutella for Andrew ...

Mango for me ...

Both were very good. Nice and creamy. I was surprised that Andrew's did taste just like frozen nutella. And there were nice mango chunks in mine.

So a complete change in plans but overall a fun afternoon. Plan was to shower & blow dry our shoes before heading back to the MK for a quick dinner. But as we were walking to the buses, Andrew called an audible and we headed to EPCOT instead!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: