Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #2371
Holly
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.
Drops not so subtle hints to the Tag Fairy that she likes green!

I kept waiting for Lori to emerge from the dark recesses of the prison as a walker. They never actually showed Carl shoot her so she could've just got up and walked off. When the governor was creeping through the prison I was hoping she'd pop out and bite him.

I'm disappointed that they killed Merle off. He was really growing on me and who knew he could be so profound?
Old 04-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #2372
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly View Post
I kept waiting for Lori to emerge from the dark recesses of the prison as a walker. They never actually showed Carl shoot her so she could've just got up and walked off. When the governor was creeping through the prison I was hoping she'd pop out and bite him.

I'm disappointed that they killed Merle off. He was really growing on me and who knew he could be so profound?
Lori's body was eaten by that one zombie with the huge stomach rick was stabbing with a knife.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #2373
Holly
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.
Drops not so subtle hints to the Tag Fairy that she likes green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
Lori's body was eaten by that one zombie with the huge stomach rick was stabbing with a knife.
We think!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #2374
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly View Post
We think!
Well, all I know is that zombie got into something, that stomach was not a natural size!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #2375
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharityLynn View Post
Whose death affected you the most on the show?
SOPHIA'S!!!!!!

It was such a dramatic scene, anyway, with Shane breaking down the barn door and shooting all of the walkers... which at that time Hershel, Maggie, and Beth still thought were alive. After all of the sobbing on the farm's side, out comes Sophia and their group breaks into hysterics. Finding Sophia alive meant so much to all of them as a group - she was their hope. And in that one scene, all hope was destroyed.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #2376
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Season 3 Action Figures - on sale now!

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...es-on-sale.php

Each 6-inch scale human figure includes multiple interchangeable accessories and several points of articulation. Each zombie figure features unique, gory play action -- such as removable body parts -- and cool accessories. MSRP is $14.99 and the figures are available at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, CLARKtoys.com, FYE, GameStop, Hastings Entertainment, Toys 'R' Us, Toys 'R' Us Canada, and comic book stores nationwide.

The five figure line of McFarlane Toys' AMC The Walking Dead Series 3 feature fan-favorite characters from the show, including:

Michonne
The mysterious stranger who saves Andrea from walkers with her katana blade and two pet walkers in tow. She is a quiet, but fierce warrior. This action-figure comes with 24 points of articulation, removable poncho, katana sword and katana sheath.

Merle Dixion
Left for the dead in Season 1 by Rick and the rest of the survivors, Merle Dixon, the estranged brother of Daryl Dixon, makes his full return in Season 3. This action-figure comes with 20 points of articulation and a prosthetic arm with a bayonet.

Autopsy Zombie
In Season 2, Rick and Daryl perform an autopsy on this newly fed zombie to find out the contents of his stomach in a desperate attempt to locate Sophie. This zombie figure includes a knife and removable shirt to reveal an exposed stomach, partially digested hand and a woodchuck carcass.

Michonne's Pets
Connected directly to Michonne's past, she has rendered both these walkers harmless by removing their bottom jaw and arms. Now that both Pets are somewhat subdued, she puts them to good use as pack mules and zombie repellant. Both Pets come with removable backpacks, neck chain leash, arms and jaw. Each Pet sold separately.

I've never been an action figure collector, not even as a child, but if I were, these are the ones I would get.

ETA: If you pop over to Amazon and type in "Walking Dead Action Figures" there are several more to choose from. I really had no idea how many there would be. Even one of Penny and the zombie heads in the fish tanks.

So just for fun, which would you buy?

Last edited by Belle0101; 04-03-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #2377
WDWBarb
It was, in fact, *I* who was sounding like a loose fan belt
I need to put some distance between my coffee, my mouth and my monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
I don't have any figures, but my friend and I are going to the Columbus Ohio Comic Con in Sept and I am considering buying the special meet norman reedus VIP tickets (my friend already got one). I was going to wait and see if any other stars have the special VIP tickets.
Or... you could happen to hang out in the smoking area and wait for him to come out for one of his numerous breaks. LOL - that's how I met him! He was SOOOO nice. He offered to take a pic with my family.

Quote:
Sophia. I couldn't believe how hard I cried. I didn't cry for Laurie, per say, but I did cry for her situation. Imaging how hard it would be to say goodbye like that to my child...
Old 04-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #2378
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

You know, when I was typing up my reply to CharityLynn on the previous page, about whose death affected me and why (Dale, Lori, Andrea, Merle), I completely forgot about poor little Sophia and some other notable people! I had only been thinking about the major deaths from the point of Dale's death on down the line, and I didn't remember Sophia until you guys mentioned her above!

So I will say that while I didn't really weep, I felt horrible for Carol when Sophia stumbled out of that barn. I don't even think it was all that shocking that Sophia was dead in general, but I think it was shocking that she happened to be in that particular barn...and that Carol had to see her like that. Also, I was surprised (and impressed) that the writers were willing to go so far as to show us Sophia as a walker (and then show her getting shot) instead of copping out and just leaving her fate up to everyone's imagination.

Also, when Shane died I wasn't upset for him because he was awful, but I was upset for Rick and Rick's anguish over having to kill his friend.

I was horrified at the Otis death and how Shane set that in motion. I never understood why Shane didn't just shoot Otis in the head to kill him on the spot so that he wouldn't suffer as the zombies tore him to shreds. Shooting Otis in the leg and leaving him alive to be ripped apart seemed horrendously cruel.

And I was very upset about T-Dog's death because he was basically dying to let Carol have a chance to escape.

By the way, does anyone here ever visit the Television Without Pity website? They have a lot of great threads on all sorts of TV shows, and the current thread about the "Welcome to the Tombs" finale of TWD (in the "Walking Dead General Gabbery" forum) is very interesting. Some of the opinions and commentary are quite witty and fascinating. It's really enlightening to see how so many people can watch one single episode and come away with so many different viewpoints or outlooks on what certain things meant, where certain things might be going in the next season, how exactly one could free oneself from a torture chair with pliers, what Milton should have done to help Andrea break free, etc.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Old 04-03-2013, 11:22 PM   #2379
CourtasanSatine
I'm partial to the 4th seaters
Has a crush on James Marsden
I'm a Trendy in a Preppy family

Any ideas on where to find the Daryl figure? But I'm also digging for any movies Norman Reedus has been in too.

Come and get me boys: Satine

"For Justice!" "For Kibbles!"

"Or maybe its the plumbing!"

Old 04-04-2013, 12:52 AM   #2380
Tinkh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtasanSatine View Post
Any ideas on where to find the Daryl figure? But I'm also digging for any movies Norman Reedus has been in too.
Here is Norman Reedus IMDB page that will show his entire filmography.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005342/?ref_=sr_1
Old 04-04-2013, 01:33 AM   #2381
CourtasanSatine
I'm partial to the 4th seaters
Has a crush on James Marsden
I'm a Trendy in a Preppy family

Thanks Tinkh! I've already seen both Boondock Saints films but I have a ton to look for now.

Come and get me boys: Satine

"For Justice!" "For Kibbles!"

"Or maybe its the plumbing!"

Old 04-04-2013, 02:28 AM   #2382
Tinkh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtasanSatine View Post
Thanks Tinkh! I've already seen both Boondock Saints films but I have a ton to look for now.
No problem!! I want to catch up on all his work too. Seriously loving him
Old 04-04-2013, 02:36 AM   #2383
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Quote:

For me I think it was Dale, I just remember bawling when he died. The others that affected me most weren't so much the death but their loved ones reaction ie: Rick with Lori's death (Andrew Lincoln's acting was amazing my heart just broke for him) and Daryl with Merle's death. I felt so bad for Daryl but I don't think he'd have wanted it any other way.
Andrea. You have no idea how much :*(
Old 04-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #2384
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

From his bio page, I found this:

As of 2010 he stars as Daryl Dixon in the AMC television series The Walking Dead. The character was not originally in the comic book series of the same name, but was created specifically for Reedus after his audition for the character of Merle Dixon. The Walking Dead comic creator Robert Kirkman has stated he feels "absolutely blessed [Reedus] has honored the show with his presence, and the way he has come in and taken over that role and defined Daryl Dixon. A lot of Norman's portrayal of the character in the first season inspired all the writers to do what we did with him in the second season. We love writing him and end up doing cool stuff with him."

Wow - how impressed did they have to be with him to create a character for him!!

and...

Trivia
Formerly a model for Prada

Lived for a time in London and Japan. Prior to getting his first acting role, he was earning $7.50 an hour working in a Venice, California, motorcycle shop.

Had a baby boy named Mingus Lucien Reedus with Helena Christensen, born 13 October 1999 in Helena's native country, Denmark.

Was in a car accident in late February 2005 in Berlin, Germany, when after attending a R.E.M. concert, his driver swerved into traffic suddenly at the wrong moment, and a semi-truck struck the car in which he was riding. He was jettisoned through the windshield and landed on the sidewalk, receiving some damage to the left side of his face, for which he had to undergo surgery.

Has a titanium eye-socket, as a result of his car accident in 2005.

In Los Angeles, he worked at a Harley Davidson shop in Venice and contributed artwork to various shows as a painter, photographer, sculptor, and video artist.

He got his first taste of acting in the play Maps for Drowners at the Tiffany Theater on Sunset Boulevard.

He was first discovered at a party in Los Angeles where he started screaming with giant sunglasses on, until someone asked if he wanted to be in a play.

Reedus has modeled for Prada, Alessandro Dell'Acqua, Durban, Levi's, Lexus and most recently Morgenthal Fredrics.

He has appeared in seven music videos: Flat Top by Goo Goo Dolls, Cats In The Cradle by Ugly Kid Joe, Strange Currencies by R.E.M., Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead, Violently Happy by Björk, Wicked as it Seems by Keith Richards and Judas by Lady Gaga (as Judas).

He is also a painter, sculptor, and photographer who currently shows his artwork in galleries in New York, Berlin, and Frankfurt.

Reedus was in a long term relationship with Danish fashion model Helena Christensen from 1998 until 2003. Together they have a son, Mingus Lucien Reedus (born October 13, 1999).

He has several tattoos: his father's name on the left side of his chest, a devil on his upper right arm, "Mingus" in red on his right forearm, a star on his right hand, two demons on his back, a heart on his right wrist and a snake on his left leg.

He runs a New York-based film production company named Bigbaldhead.

Norman currently lives in New York with his son, Mingus Lucien Reedus.

Personal Quotes
I literally have three boxes of presents. My sons room is nothing but Daryl Dixon paintings, dolls, lighters, tattoos and panties. It's pretty ridiculous. It's fun. The Boondocks fans are pretty ferocious, as well. But, I get more Walking Dead stuff now. It's a bonus for me. The same group of people like both things. It's overwhelming to be honest.

You can't not look cool with a crossbow.

When you do television, you have this opportunity to drop these subtle hints everywhere. The way you say things for example, sometimes those seeds turn into trees.

I've always said it's interesting to watch devils cry when angels want to stab you in the back. I like that mixture.

The dog's with the loudest bark are the ones that are most afraid.

I'm still insecure, but when I first started acting, I was really insecure. I glared at a lot of people. I assumed everyone hated me. Somehow that scowl has turned into an acting career.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (17); Bear (6); Cosmo (6? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #2385
skylizard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
From his bio page, I found this:

As of 2010 he stars as Daryl Dixon in the AMC television series The Walking Dead. The character was not originally in the comic book series of the same name, but was created specifically for Reedus after his audition for the character of Merle Dixon. The Walking Dead comic creator Robert Kirkman has stated he feels "absolutely blessed [Reedus] has honored the show with his presence, and the way he has come in and taken over that role and defined Daryl Dixon. A lot of Norman's portrayal of the character in the first season inspired all the writers to do what we did with him in the second season. We love writing him and end up doing cool stuff with him."

Wow - how impressed did they have to be with him to create a character for him!!

and...

Trivia
Formerly a model for Prada

Lived for a time in London and Japan. Prior to getting his first acting role, he was earning $7.50 an hour working in a Venice, California, motorcycle shop.

Had a baby boy named Mingus Lucien Reedus with Helena Christensen, born 13 October 1999 in Helena's native country, Denmark.

Was in a car accident in late February 2005 in Berlin, Germany, when after attending a R.E.M. concert, his driver swerved into traffic suddenly at the wrong moment, and a semi-truck struck the car in which he was riding. He was jettisoned through the windshield and landed on the sidewalk, receiving some damage to the left side of his face, for which he had to undergo surgery.

Has a titanium eye-socket, as a result of his car accident in 2005.

In Los Angeles, he worked at a Harley Davidson shop in Venice and contributed artwork to various shows as a painter, photographer, sculptor, and video artist.

He got his first taste of acting in the play Maps for Drowners at the Tiffany Theater on Sunset Boulevard.

He was first discovered at a party in Los Angeles where he started screaming with giant sunglasses on, until someone asked if he wanted to be in a play.

Reedus has modeled for Prada, Alessandro Dell'Acqua, Durban, Levi's, Lexus and most recently Morgenthal Fredrics.

He has appeared in seven music videos: Flat Top by Goo Goo Dolls, Cats In The Cradle by Ugly Kid Joe, Strange Currencies by R.E.M., Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead, Violently Happy by Björk, Wicked as it Seems by Keith Richards and Judas by Lady Gaga (as Judas).

He is also a painter, sculptor, and photographer who currently shows his artwork in galleries in New York, Berlin, and Frankfurt.

Reedus was in a long term relationship with Danish fashion model Helena Christensen from 1998 until 2003. Together they have a son, Mingus Lucien Reedus (born October 13, 1999).

He has several tattoos: his father's name on the left side of his chest, a devil on his upper right arm, "Mingus" in red on his right forearm, a star on his right hand, two demons on his back, a heart on his right wrist and a snake on his left leg.

He runs a New York-based film production company named Bigbaldhead.

Norman currently lives in New York with his son, Mingus Lucien Reedus.

Personal Quotes
I literally have three boxes of presents. My sons room is nothing but Daryl Dixon paintings, dolls, lighters, tattoos and panties. It's pretty ridiculous. It's fun. The Boondocks fans are pretty ferocious, as well. But, I get more Walking Dead stuff now. It's a bonus for me. The same group of people like both things. It's overwhelming to be honest.

You can't not look cool with a crossbow.

When you do television, you have this opportunity to drop these subtle hints everywhere. The way you say things for example, sometimes those seeds turn into trees.

I've always said it's interesting to watch devils cry when angels want to stab you in the back. I like that mixture.

The dog's with the loudest bark are the ones that are most afraid.

I'm still insecure, but when I first started acting, I was really insecure. I glared at a lot of people. I assumed everyone hated me. Somehow that scowl has turned into an acting career.
Wow, I'm impressed.
And he has "a titanium eye-socket"? I have never heard of such a thing until now. At least he survived the accident!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: