Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
JLMommy
Mouseketeer

Dream where to eat after embarktion

I was looking on allears.net and found this menu for Enchanted Garden for the embarktion lunch..
http://allears.net/cruise/ships/drea.../enchanted.htm

Just wondering if they have any kid's choices there? Does Cabanas offer anything different? I have a very picky 4 year old with me and I don't see her eating anything from above...
Old 04-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
KBT35
Mouseketeer

There's always a kids menu with mac & cheese, chicken tenders etc....standard kiddo fare.

Cabana's also has offerings that will satisfy your picky eater!
My Aunt's 65th Birthday Dream Surprise May 26th-30th 2013
KBT35 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

The food is pretty much the same, but the advantage of Cabanas is that you can see the food and your DD can tell you what looks good to her out of the available dishes. they usually have mac and cheese, or you can go poolside and order chicken nuggets or a hamburger.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #4
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

I would do Cabana's with a picky eater. EG was nice, but the choices were limited.

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
WeLoveDisneyAlways
DIS Veteran

We had burgers fries nuggets etc from the quick serve location by the pool when we boarded around 2pm
Coronado Springs Resort Disney World - March 2003; Atlantis Bahamas - Sept 2004; Bellagio Las Vegas - Jan 2007; Sandals Montego Bay Jamaica - Jan 2008; Pop Century Disney World - Sept 2008; Pop Century, Disney World - Jan 2009; Atlantis Bahamas - Jan 2010; All Star Movies Disney World - May 2010; Caribbean Beach Resort Disney World - Jan 2011; Bay Lake Towers Disney World, Disney Dream Cruise, Coronado Springs Disney World - Jan 2012 ; Art of Animation Resort Disney World Jan 2013 ; Coronado Springs - Disney World, Disney Dream, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Disney World Jan 2014
WeLoveDisneyAlways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMommy View Post
I was looking on allears.net and found this menu for Enchanted Garden for the embarktion lunch..
http://allears.net/cruise/ships/drea.../enchanted.htm

Just wondering if they have any kid's choices there? Does Cabanas offer anything different? I have a very picky 4 year old with me and I don't see her eating anything from above...
We chose EG for lunch on embarktion day and loved it. I have two very picky DSs who chose a couple of things from the buffet but wasn't really interested in them. The CM that took our drink order noticed the boys weren't eating and asked them what they would like to have. I think they ended up with corn dogs, mac & chs, chicken tenders and another item or two. So, even if you think they will not like anything from the buffet, the CM will get them something that they like. No worries.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #7
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

I've found some of the best menu/navigator information here:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
Weedy
DIS Veteran

If she doesn't eat at lunch there is food available all the time!!! You can get pizza, hamburgers, chicken fingers and ice cream all on the pool deck. You can also order room service. You don't have to worry about her being hungry. At lunch she can get a little snack while you eat and then find other things later.

Here is a link to the "other places" to eat.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...quick-service/
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #9
Cruisefan2
DIS Veteran

You have Cabanas which is a Buffett with MANY options that you can see out in front of you and can serve yourself. Also you have the quick service places that have pizza, wraps, salads, chicken fingers etc.

4 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream 2/17/13
7 night Medderiteranian Cruise on the Magic 7/30/11
7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2/11/06
Cruisefan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #10
over50visits
DIS Veteran

We like Cabanas for the view! We'll be in EG for an evening meal, which will be less busy (not a constant flow of diners coming in and out).

Also, I agree that you can view and pick out food in minutes, something good for folks who are limited in what they will eat.
over50visits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #11
qits
Mouseketeer

What time does Cabbanas close on embarkation day? Thanks!
qits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #12
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Just remember in Cabanas to go all the down when you are selecting your food. They have a carving section at the far end of room. That's generally where I head first.

And, there is NO standardized line in Cabanas. Folks tend to form lines and flow from station to station. That is not what they want you to do. They desire a quick conter service approach. Step up, get what you want and then got to the next station. It usually takes 3 days for most everyone to get it. Even some folks NEVER get it, lol.

2014 - 4 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 9, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(23) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy - 12/14
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #13
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justacruiser View Post
Just remember in Cabanas to go all the down when you are selecting your food. They have a carving section at the far end of room. That's generally where I head first.

And, there is NO standardized line in Cabanas. Folks tend to form lines and flow from station to station. That is not what they want you to do. They desire a quick conter service approach. Step up, get what you want and then got to the next station. It usually takes 3 days for most everyone to get it. Even some folks NEVER get it, lol.

Ditto...we saw this on our cruise last month and I was DYING to go up to tell everyone not to wait in a line. People were coming in the door and immediately lining up at the first station like a standard buffet...not the case!!! There were some CM's trying to explain the process but don't know how much good it did. People seemed like they didn't want to get off the line for fear of losing their place in the line

Keep walking and you will see many stations. You just walk up to the individual stations...obviously if there are people waiting for the same food as you, you would wait until they were done, but no reason to stand in line at the first station. The stations are repeated as well so walk a bit you may find a station completely empty of people.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: