Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #46
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper

While I agree there will be 2 more vessels, both in the 100,000 ton range, I think its a bit to late for 2015 sailings..........At the earliest , in MHO, would be 2016, more likely 2017.

AKK
With Disney's previous contract clause with MW for two additional ships - where would that put them in the building queue?

Want to split a pineapple?
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #47
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugit View Post
With Disney's previous contract clause with MW for two additional ships - where would that put them in the building queue?
I have no info on the MW schedule. The contract is for vessels the same or similar to the Dream class.

They could work with another yard or maybe working with MW on another type of vessel, like 100,00o tons which I believe they will as that size has the best of the classic feel and the space for the dream class techno.

Just MHO.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #48
darwinsrule
DIS Veteran

Regardless in peak season they don't have enough ships to cover everywhere I am sure they would like to be. Given how the NY cruises sold I am sure they would love to get one back in there but that would mean not sending a ship to the Med. or Alaska, both of which also sell well.

Somewhat surprised they didn't try leaving on in NY over the fall/winter/spring season instead of dropping all 4 ships into FL. Yes the weather can suck but you can still do the FL/Bahamas run and make it work. Then again the 3/4 night stuff just doesn't appeal to me.
August'14 NCL Getaway ** March'15 Disney Wonder

Me DW DD10 DD6
darwinsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #49
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

There after other factors besides sales percentages; port and labor contracts come to mind.

Want to split a pineapple?
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #50
clxwing
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-fan-22 View Post
Alright, so this WAS in fact an april fools day joke.

However! Lets make this fun an discuss the things we would like to see in a newbuild...
Have you confirmed it was a joke? We spoke with many different crew members on the Disney Dream and they had a meeting where they announced the building of two new ships for 2015 and 2016 or somewhere around those years and said one was being names the Disney Wish or Disney Wishes. Maybe it was supposed to be an internal April Fools Joke but not really sure. I guess we will see what happens
clxwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #51
Rogillio
DIS Veteran

From the day we first sailed on a Disney ship I knew DCL was eventually gonna be huge. A 'cruise vacation' was never even on our radar until we found out that Disney had a cruise ship. 47 million people visit WDW evey year. If only 1 percent of those wanted to cruise on Disney, that would fill 2cruise ships (assuing 2,500 people per cruise and 91 cruises per year) per year. Factor in people who have sailed 10+ times on DCL.....
WDW 4/98, Yellowstone 6/99, 4-day Bahamas DCL 6/00, Washington DC 6/01, WDW 1/02, Scotland 6/02, Alaska 6/03, 7-day Caribbean DCL 6/04, 4-day Bahamas DCL 1/05, WDW 1/05, Universal 3/05, Norway 6/05, NYC Waldorf-Astoria 10/05, Snowshoe, WV 12/05, China Adventure 3/06, WDW 6/06, Copper Mountain, CO 12/06, 11-day DCL Med Cruise 5/07, 4-day Bahamas DCL 10/07, 7 Day NCL cruise - Hawaii 7/08, Door County, WI 7/09, Snowshoe WV, 12/09, 12-day DCL Baltic cruise 6/10, 7-day Caribbean HAL 12/10, WDW 6/11, 5-day Dream NYE 12/11, 7-day Canadian HAL 6/12, 3-day Dream Jan 2013, 4-day Dream Feb 2013, 5-day CCL NOLA, 7 days hiking in the Himilayans, Katmandu, Nepal 5/14 7-day RCCL 7/14
Rogillio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, dcl, ships

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: