Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: favorite mod?
POR 13 30.23%
POQ 11 25.58%
CBR 8 18.60%
CSR 11 25.58%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
newfiegirl
Hello Mickey!

Best Moderate for Children and Overall Quality?

?
newfiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
agpasko
Earning My Ears

We love the French Quarter and stayed there 3 straight years.
agpasko is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Love POFQ!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
djamesdisney1st
Earning My Ears

Love POFQ, and Riverside.... We stayed at FQ back when it was the only PO resort and then at Dixie landings which is now POR! Loved them both This trip so far we are booked at FQ but if offers are given in October we will switch to POR.
djamesdisney1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #5
kellydizfan
DIS Veteran

We have stayed 2 times each at CBR & POR. We are looking at visiting in December as my DD will be in the College program and trying to decide where to stay this time. We want something different. My kids ages 13 & 16 have never stayed at the CBR but have twice at POR. They both have their plus & minus. My DS liked the pool at POR when we were there in 2009. The pool is better at CSR so I think we will be staying there in December. We usually come back in the afternoon to the room. He also loves the hot tubs. I like CBR - love the colors and feel. POR is o.k. but I don't want to stay there again anytime soon. Want to try something different. Would love to stay deluxe but don't see it unless the discount my DD can get beats all. Time will tell as I will have to wait till September for her to touch the ressie. I need to make it now to reserve the room then she can do her magic.
OKW 8/11-8/16/13, CSR 12/8-12/13/13, POP 8/24/11-8/31/11, Nick Hotel 8/4/09-8/6/09, POR 7/28/09-8/4/09-DS B-day, Eastern DCL 4/08, Europe 3/08, Hawaii Cruise 07, OKW 3/07, AKL 8/06, Europe 4/06, BCV & SSR 10/04, BCV 2/03 & DVC Cruise, POR 5/02, CBR 5/96, CBR 5/91, DL 8/87, Offsite 83 & 75
kellydizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #6
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran

They're all great! Go with the theme you like best.

DisneyDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #7
dancin'girl
DIS Veteran

We like POFQ because it's small - easy to navigate, not too much walking, and has a cute waterslide. My kids are not daredevils, so this slide is just their speed!
dancin'girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
Herbie
DIS Veteran

i vote for CS...the dig site is awesome, and never felt crowded.
Herbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #9
boscov
Mouseketeer

Hands down POR. They have a good pool and other smaller pools if the main pool is too busy. You can use the pool at POFQ if they want the smaller slide. POR has a tremendous food court, I think it's the best on WDW property. There is Yeeha Bob in the lounge at night, which all the kids love. With all the different bus stops, there isn't a lot of walking anymore oher than to the main bulding (which I don't find even the furtherst walk that bad). I highly recommend POR!

Last edited by boscov; 04-03-2013 at 09:57 AM.
boscov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #10
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

CSR! Love the atmosphere, Pepper Market, and the space!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #11
alc571
DIS Veteran

Love POR!

Stayed in October. Our son loved the pool with the waterslide, and the Pirate Cruise that sails from POR. Also, the CS food was so good. I'm dying to get back next week for the french toast with strawberries - amazing!

We loved the whole theme. It was still very Disney, but more resort like than hotel like. It was so clean, and the refurbished rooms were nice. It was nice to feel like you were in the slower pace of Louisiana - especially after the hub-bub of busy parks all day.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #12
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Overall quality of all of the mods is just fine. As for which is best for children, it depends on the children. What their ages are and what their interests are. All of the mods are family friendly. You really can't go wrong with any of them. Spend some time on the individual resort threads and familiarize yourself with them. There are all kinds of photo galleries with great pictures. Pick the one that appeals the most to you.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #13
3DisneyBuggs
The only way I would fly is if John Travolta is the pilot!
Maroon is my color, like the pom poms!
Now I owe tag tax

I stayed at POFQ twice and really like it. Its small size is a big plus for me. I was not too crazy about the food court but we only had breakfast and one lunch there. If it fit 5 in a room and I had to do a more budget friendly trip, POFQ is my choice.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #14
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Depends a little on what you like, and age of the kids.

POFQ has the best pool for very young kids, but it's not as mkuch fun probably for older kids. The resort is also a bit more compact overall- so that's a plus with little ones.

I have alsway sthought CSR has the best food. It was quite a while ago that I stayed at CBR. It has one of the best pools on property now- for kids that are old enough to appreciate it.

POR is my least favorite, but other folks seem to like it. The advantage of POR is the boat to DTD.You also can spend time at POFQ easily enough.

The disadvantge of POR is that the Boyou section does not have elevators. If you have a first floor room that won't matter. I find the pool and food court a bit boring. If you don't like to deviate from standard American foods, you may like it better.

At any of the large mods, taking a bus can be slow. The resorts are beautiful, but I kind of put a premium on getting around quickly. For that reason, we've tended towards the values and deluxes in recent years.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #15
NoSoup4U
I am Art Vandelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
Depends a little on what you like, and age of the kids.

POFQ has the best pool for very young kids, but it's not as much fun probably for older kids. The resort is also a bit more compact overall- so that's a plus with little ones.
I agree with this. All depends on the kids age. For very young kids I'd go with POFQ. For 5+ i'd go with POR.

The smallness of POFQ doesnt really appeal to us. Food court options at POFQ isnt as good as POR. I like that POR has bike rentals on site. I like that the DTD boat pickup at POR is first. Quite often the boat would bypass POFQ because its too full, or even pick up only a couple of passengers. I also like that POR has yehaw Bob in the lounge. Also the pool slide is much longer at POR. POFQ slide is quite short.
NoSoup4U is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: