Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #286
KurlyStarr
Earning My Ears
 
KurlyStarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 67

I'm sooooo weird...

Even though I've known that our sail date has been drawing near, I didn't fully realize until this morning that we leave NEXT FRIDAY!!!!!!! Oh the pressure!! I have NOTHING ready for our trip yet !!!!!! I still need to shop, do my FEs, shop, make my FE hangy-thingy, shop, and PACK! Not to mention do our taxes, work a full-time job and take care of the family --- oh yeah, and SHOP. Whew!!!

Next Friday will be here before I know it!

Hope everyone else is fairing better with time management than I am. LOL
__________________
Me DH DD(4) DS(18mos)
KurlyStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #287
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran
 
dallastxcpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 1,971

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurlyStarr View Post
I'm sooooo weird...

Even though I've known that our sail date has been drawing near, I didn't fully realize until this morning that we leave NEXT FRIDAY!!!!!!! Oh the pressure!! I have NOTHING ready for our trip yet !!!!!! I still need to shop, do my FEs, shop, make my FE hangy-thingy, shop, and PACK! Not to mention do our taxes, work a full-time job and take care of the family --- oh yeah, and SHOP. Whew!!!

Next Friday will be here before I know it!

Hope everyone else is fairing better with time management than I am. LOL
Oh, I feel your pain. In fact, I thought for a second you had stolen my list.

I still need to help my 16 yo DD find a swim suit.
__________________
dallastxcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #288
PolancoCrew
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6

New to Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa Mickey View Post
We are first time DCL cruisers traveling with my parents, husband 5 year old son and 2 year old son. We would love to participate in the FE. Is it too late to join?
Just found about this site! My group would love to do a FE swap with you! It will be me, my best friend, her son is 3 and my daughter is 5. I've never done this before, but would love to do one treat a day!

Let me know!

10 days!
PolancoCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #289
skayrobe
Mouseketeer
 
skayrobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tx
Posts: 341

Welcome

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Our Fe list closed a couple of weeks ago. We are doing a meet and greet for all of us the day we sail. Please come and join us and meet fellow Disboarders. We will meet at 3:00 pm on Deck 3 in the Promenade Lounge. Can't wait to meet everyone. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #290
KurlyStarr
Earning My Ears
 
KurlyStarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolancoCrew View Post
Just found about this site! My group would love to do a FE swap with you! It will be me, my best friend, her son is 3 and my daughter is 5. I've never done this before, but would love to do one treat a day!

Let me know!

10 days!
Hi there! Welcome to the group!

You raise a good point! I don't want to disclude anyone from participating, but we do need to be fair to the folks that got in early and have already gotten their FE gifts together. If you and PonderosaMickey are amenable to it, I think it is a wonderful idea to have a FE 'group B' if you will for latecomers. I would still recommend setting some kind of cut off to make sure you get everything you need in time and aren't stressing at the last minute.

Just FYI, there is a Facebook group too for our cruise if you didn't see it.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/167159183433492/

Eight days and a wake up to go!!!!
__________________
Me DH DD(4) DS(18mos)
KurlyStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #291
susieyarb
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurlyStarr View Post
Hi there! Welcome to the group!

You raise a good point! I don't want to disclude anyone from participating, but we do need to be fair to the folks that got in early and have already gotten their FE gifts together. If you and PonderosaMickey are amenable to it, I think it is a wonderful idea to have a FE 'group B' if you will for latecomers. I would still recommend setting some kind of cut off to make sure you get everything you need in time and aren't stressing at the last minute.

Just FYI, there is a Facebook group too for our cruise if you didn't see it.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/167159183433492/

Eight days and a wake up to go!!!!
I have a few extra little things I can share as well.
susieyarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #292
Mommielogan
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1

Cool 1st Cruise Ever

Can't believe there is just over a week until our sail date. Just found this message board. So excited, we are surprising our kids with this cruise for spring break. They think we are spending the entire trip in Texas!

We r traveling with DD (13), DS (7), and DD (5). We love everything Disney & are excited that we were able to have this one as our first cruise! going to try & do the meet & greet that is planned, hoping we can maybe find some friends for the kids.

Bummed that we will be missing out on the fe but now we know for next time.

See you all soon!
Mommielogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #293
BellaKruz
Earning My Ears
 
BellaKruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 14

Hi Mommielogan! I just wanted to let you know our kids are about the same age! I have a DSS that is 13 but he will not be traveling with us this time, but my DS is 6 (7 in August) and my DD is 4 (5 in May). Hopefully we can meet up!
BellaKruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #294
KurlyStarr
Earning My Ears
 
KurlyStarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommielogan View Post
Can't believe there is just over a week until our sail date. Just found this message board. So excited, we are surprising our kids with this cruise for spring break. They think we are spending the entire trip in Texas!

We r traveling with DD (13), DS (7), and DD (5). We love everything Disney & are excited that we were able to have this one as our first cruise! going to try & do the meet & greet that is planned, hoping we can maybe find some friends for the kids.

Bummed that we will be missing out on the fe but now we know for next time.

See you all soon!
There may be a 2nd FE group forming... don't give up hope yet. You are the 3rd person to inquire since we closed the 1st group, so I'd say if all 3 agree, then we open a 2nd group. To Susieyarb's point above, you never know... something 'extra' may pop up in your FE anyways.
__________________
Me DH DD(4) DS(18mos)
KurlyStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #295
KurlyStarr
Earning My Ears
 
KurlyStarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 67

Final FE Roster

[just posted in our FB group too]

Okay folks -- one last time -- here is our FINAL (for real this time) FE roster until the cruise. I've updated a few cabin numbers, and changed the colors to be a little more print-friendly. Should there be any cabin changes upon embarkation, please be sure to let everyone know at the Meet-N-Greet onboard. Thanks again, everyone!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EE&usp=sharing

This is for the original FE group... if a 2nd one forms, then we can create one for that group too.
__________________
Me DH DD(4) DS(18mos)
KurlyStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #296
m&m's mom
Waiting for the waterless cruise
I really am quite evil
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Flower Mound, TX
Posts: 5,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurlyStarr View Post
Hi there! Welcome to the group!

You raise a good point! I don't want to disclude anyone from participating, but we do need to be fair to the folks that got in early and have already gotten their FE gifts together. If you and PonderosaMickey are amenable to it, I think it is a wonderful idea to have a FE 'group B' if you will for latecomers. I would still recommend setting some kind of cut off to make sure you get everything you need in time and aren't stressing at the last minute.

Just FYI, there is a Facebook group too for our cruise if you didn't see it.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/167159183433492/

Eight days and a wake up to go!!!!
I did not know there was a FB page for this cruise. Learn something new every day.
__________________
m&m's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #297
PolancoCrew
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6

FE Group B

I'd love to start a google doc for our new group. Let me know if you're interested Ponderosa Mickey & MommyLogan. I'd be glad to be part of a small group our first time out!
PolancoCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #298
PolancoCrew
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6

Lets have our cut off be Monday for group B. I'd still love to participate in an FE so let me know if the newbies are interested!
__________________
I can't believe we leave on our first Disney Cruise in about a week!



Me BFF DD BFFDS
PolancoCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #299
KurlyStarr
Earning My Ears
 
KurlyStarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolancoCrew View Post
I'd love to start a google doc for our new group. Let me know if you're interested Ponderosa Mickey & MommyLogan. I'd be glad to be part of a small group our first time out!
Awesome! I hope they respond soon...
__________________
Me DH DD(4) DS(18mos)
KurlyStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #300
PolancoCrew
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6

Me too! I've only bought enough stuff for my little crew and need to shop for more goodies! I swear my BFF and I are more excited than our kiddos! We don't check in until 2:30 but will try to make the mixer. I checked out the google doc and saw several girls my DD's age!
PolancoCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.