Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #2356
swandiverpatt
DIS Veteran

It must just be my romantic heart, but this season I just assumed that Darryl and Carol were an item and we just weren't seeing what was going on.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #2357
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

DH and I watch all the episodes on Amazon Prime and the finale was exaclty 43 minutes, just like all the other ones. Thankfully we don't have to deal with the commericials!

My take on Lori is that she was only appearing to Rick when he was doing the wrong thing. She was his conscience, his jimminy cricket. When he finally did the right thing and brought back all the Woodbury folks, she didn't appear, because she didn't need to. He was on his way back to the compassionate Rick from the beginning.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #2358
nuke
Life is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspiglet View Post
DH and I watch all the episodes on Amazon Prime and the finale was exaclty 43 minutes, just like all the other ones. Thankfully we don't have to deal with the commericials!

My take on Lori is that she was only appearing to Rick when he was doing the wrong thing. She was his conscience, his jimminy cricket. When he finally did the right thing and brought back all the Woodbury folks, she didn't appear, because she didn't need to. He was on his way back to the compassionate Rick from the beginning.
That was exactly my take on the ghost of Lori.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #2359
Tinkh
DIS Veteran

I truly am hoping that we see a Daryl and Carol relationship start to form. No clue why in the world I do, but I have a huge Daryl Dixon crush. He is so, so, so not my type. Guess he would be at the end of the world.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #2360
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkh View Post
I truly am hoping that we see a Daryl and Carol relationship start to form. No clue why in the world I do, but I have a huge Daryl Dixon crush. He is so, so, so not my type. Guess he would be at the end of the world.
^^I think that is exactly the outlook that some of the characters have or would have in such a dismal setting.

It's not a normal scenario - let alone a normal dating scenario - that they're in on TWD. It's not regular day-to-day life. It's an extreme situation for which the odds of surviving a long time and having any kind of normal existence ever again are pretty low. It's slim pickins' out there!

Certain people who probably would not have even looked at each other in the real world are now looking at each other on TWD - like Carol and Daryl! Even if nothing ever materializes between them other than friendship, they are suddenly in each other's orbits whereas without the apocalypse they probably wouldn't have been.

It's not like everyone on TWD can just kind of casually date and see where things lead, and if it doesn't work out they move on to date someone else. Now everyone is thrown together in this intense, volatile situation, tempers flare, someone they trust could turn on them and try to kill them at any moment, zombies or Governors could try to kill them at any moment, etc. So people will most likely seek out comfort and physical contact to kind of escape the madness for a moment, but they will always be sleeping with one eye open!

Of course, poor Andrea sought out the comfort of the wrong men, as we know - to put it mildly. She was a magnet for the unstable loose cannons. I'm shocked she didn't hook up with Merle, just for that same reason! She should have gone for Daryl, Rick or T-Dog! But women love the bad boys!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Old 04-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #2361
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:

That was how I liked to look at it too. I don't think we will see her anymore (meaning he won't) because he doesn't need to.

Quote:
You can't help but have crush on him. He is the ultimate bad boy (with a few sprinklings of compassion) I think we say to ourselves, who would we want to be with in that situation. I absolutely want to be with someone that would be my protector (sp?...is protector even a word? LOL).

So come on...who else has the Daryl vinyl figure? I have Daryl, Rick (recently added) and the RV walker on a shelf in my bedroom.

Next Up:
Old 04-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #2362
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
That was how I liked to look at it too. I don't think we will see her anymore (meaning he won't) because he doesn't need to.

You can't help but have crush on him. He is the ultimate bad boy (with a few sprinklings of compassion) I think we say to ourselves, who would we want to be with in that situation. I absolutely want to be with someone that would be my protector (sp?...is protector even a word? LOL).

So come on...who else has the Daryl vinyl figure? I have Daryl, Rick (recently added) and the RV walker on a shelf in my bedroom.
LOL, I almost bought the Pop Daryl thingy the other day, but went for the t-shirt instead.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #2363
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's my take too. I wouldn't even call it right and wrong; certainly there's not much clarity between the two in the zombie apocalypse world they live in. But she showed up when he was making decisions that weren't true to who she knew him to be, when he was putting fear above compassion and humanity. For a man who was a protector even before the world ended, that's a major internal conflict between who he was and who he thinks he has to be, and Lori was showing up at times when he was acting most contrary to himself.

I agree that we've seen the end of her now that he took in the women & children of Woodbury. That decision seems like a turning point for Rick - after seeing what Carl is becoming, he's chosen not to let the horror of the world cause him to turn his back on his own personality/worldview.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Old 04-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #2364
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
Walking Dead on Conan O'Brien. I have no words.

http://teamcoco.com/video/conan-high...g-dead-invades
I really enjoyed it. Woulda loved to be the woman chosen to run away with the 2 actors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post

I don't have any figures, but my friend and I are going to the Columbus Ohio Comic Con in Sept and I am considering buying the special meet norman reedus VIP tickets (my friend already got one). I was going to wait and see if any other stars have the special VIP tickets.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #2365
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

I need to buy the newest action figure. I haven't found the Andrea one available yet ?
Old 04-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #2366
CharityLynn
DIS Veteran

I love this show I can't wait to see what happens in Season 4, I'm worried about Carl. My husband seems to think they may have to push the show even years into the future with the actor who plays Carl growing up. I mean he grew a lot between season 2 and 3.

Whose death affected you the most on the show?

For me I think it was Dale, I just remember bawling when he died. The others that affected me most weren't so much the death but their loved ones reaction ie: Rick with Lori's death (Andrew Lincoln's acting was amazing my heart just broke for him) and Daryl with Merle's death. I felt so bad for Daryl but I don't think he'd have wanted it any other way.
Bay Lake Tower 10/10

Old 04-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #2367
skylizard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, I really can't see them together. It's more of a brother/sister bond that I see between them.
And what female doesn't have a crush on Daryl? I think this pic pretty much sums it up

Old 04-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #2368
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharityLynn View Post
I love this show I can't wait to see what happens in Season 4, I'm worried about Carl. My husband seems to think they may have to push the show even years into the future with the actor who plays Carl growing up. I mean he grew a lot between season 2 and 3.

Whose death affected you the most on the show?

For me I think it was Dale, I just remember bawling when he died. The others that affected me most weren't so much the death but their loved ones reaction ie: Rick with Lori's death (Andrew Lincoln's acting was amazing my heart just broke for him) and Daryl with Merle's death. I felt so bad for Daryl but I don't think he'd have wanted it any other way.
CharityLynn -

I noticed that Carl was physically growing quite a bit (I'm not even talking about his emotional growth) and since kids sprout so fast these days I was wondering how his clothes were going to continue to fit him! I figured that someone would have to be making frequent runs to kids' clothing stores or department stores for quite some time to come as Carl has growth spurts!

As for the deaths - I could not agree with you more. In fact, it's as if you read my mind!

I cried like a fool when Dale died. I did not see the Dale death coming, and so that took me by surprise. And even though he could probably be a little annoying at times with his preaching, I thought he was truly a good person who cared about everyone (except for Shane) and really wanted to keep some sense of humanity and decency in the group. He didn't deserve to die, but I understood the need to kill off his character.

Dale's death was what really caught my attention and made me realize, "Hey! These writers are not fooling around! They are going to kill off major characters!" And I applaud the writers for making me care and cry about these fictional characters!

I did not like Lori, but just as you said - it was Rick's reaction to her death, and Maggie's, that got to me. So I cried for Rick and his anguish, but not because I really cared all that much that she was gone. (Plus, I also liked Andrew Lincoln from the movie "Love Actually.")

I shed a tear or two for Daryl when he found Merle. I knew Merle would have to go eventually - he was too much of a wild card and you never knew which side he was truly on - but I hated that Daryl had to find him that way.

With Andrea - I didn't hate her nor love her. I could see a lot of good in her, but I thought she made terrible decisions. However, when it was her time to go I got weepy for Michonne, because Michonne was so upset....and because Rick said to Andrea (when she asked if Carl and Judith and the "rest of them" were safe): "...of US... the rest of US," to make sure Andrea knew that she was still a part of their 'family' even though she wasn't with them anymore.

It's only going to get harder from here, folks! The more these characters stick around, the more upsetting it will be when they go...and yet, many of them will have to go sooner or later. I wouldn't want it any other way. But I think I will probably sob for an hour if and when Hershel, Glenn, Daryl or Rick die.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Old 04-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #2369
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

I was horribly upset by Lori's death, not so much because of Lori, but being a mom, the thought of saying goodbye to my child, right then and there forever, and the thought of them having to go on without you. And for Carl, no child should have ever had to do something like that, even if he thought she had been too strict, he still loved her very much. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry some more, geez! Yes, just a show, just a show!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #2370
CharityLynn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
I was horribly upset by Lori's death, not so much because of Lori, but being a mom, the thought of saying goodbye to my child, right then and there forever, and the thought of them having to go on without you. And for Carl, no child should have ever had to do something like that, even if he thought she had been too strict, he still loved her very much. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry some more, geez! Yes, just a show, just a show!!!
Yes, this. I never liked Lori but the talk she had with Carl..good lord. I'm such a baby.
Bay Lake Tower 10/10

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: