Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #946
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
POR murphy bed is only 53 inches long...I had hoped in the Royal rooms they would put a full size but do not think so,
Lol! That won't work for a 6'3 teen then! I had heard they were bigger, but that isn't very big!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
We stayed at CR 8 years ago, huge daybed, the new ones fold down to be the size of a twin bed, the ones at BC look much smaller...we are going second week in Sept...hoping FD will come out...we have three teenagers, girls will share queen and dh and I share queen, leaves daybed only option for ds...he is so easy to please, but do not want him unable to stretch out after long day of walking...
Yeah...he needs to be able to sleep! Hopefully the CR ones will work.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #947
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Hello! Finally some quiet time and a chance to catch up with my RC family

Shelia - great price on the flight down, I guess you will just have to stay longer so you can save money on the return flight Oh brrrr, it is cold there. I will send some FL sunshine and warmth your way

lmhall2000 - I honestly don't remember how long the CR daybeds were. I am almost positive the same size a twin bed, so however long those usually are. I will say they were definitely longer and more comfortable than the YC daybed. And NO, it never gets easier We were lucky enough to try out the resorts we were interested in for our quick 2 night stays before deciding on our 4 night mini vaca. When are you going again? In Feb we paid about $325/nt for CR TPV.

Jen - I honestly don't remember if JetBlue credits, but my gut feeling is that they do not. We usually fly on JetBlue and I have never gotten a credit. I don't know what it is with girls at this age, they are just so mean I hope DD isn't taking it to heart and can brush them off. Sarah has a couple girls in her class that are just downright MEAN and I don't get it.

Jeanette - OH NO, poor Bree and poor you!!!! My brother was the ER frequent in our house, the nurses could literally fill out all the paperwork when they saw my mom walk in. She always jokes that she is amazed social services never showed up at our house. I cant even count the number of ambulance rides he has taken. I am so excited to hear about your trip (and any changes that may pop up)! Enjoy your time away and just ENJOY yourself P.S. My outside lights are all blue for Autism Awareness month

Wookie - LOVED all your pics!!! Looks like you had a great time! I am sure it was great to get away and out of the house That is too funny that the boys didn't even notice you weren't driving home Oh and yes, those margaritas looked soooo good!!! I think after seeing all your pics I am going to try to do a Sea World trip this fall, we haven't been in so long.

TARGET LAW - everyone seemed to get very upset that I broke the Target law yesterday. No need to punish me, I just had to get Sarah and take her back since I could not decide on a lunch box for her. I vow to never leave Target empty handed again

MAGIC - did you ever find the code? I didn't get a chance to look yesterday.

I better post this as I start to get distracted with other things, LOL!

I'll be back in a bit.

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #948
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
So we will be checkining in this evening at Royal Pacific and doing Universal tomorrow....I am packed (as of 20 minutes ago )

Sorry I've been MIA but my heart is here!! I actually was hurt at work the other night (neck sprain) but I have Advil and my plans to get on Harry Potter first thing..after my club level breakfast Hopefully Thursday DH and I can head over to the Poly to find Lulu'smom!!!!

On RC related news......we may be making a switch to .....YC Or a mod...I really am trying to make summer reasonable..HRH and I foundthe COOLEST house ever for rent, DH still says no offsite

Candace...YOU ARE NEXT GIRL

And FWIW, it IS a law you cannot leave Target without buying anything

And my paper from last week....A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angel Sarah, thank you for your guidance and peace this week I needed it (Janet, BFF...thank you for everything)

Hugs to all!! Get ready for photobombs if I have your cell!!!
Safe travels from Mama!!! Have a wonderful time .... you deserve it!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #949
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Good Morning All

It is Friggin Cold here 28 but windy so it feels like 21 Brrrrrrrrrrr

Sitting here waiting on 9am to get here because Jet Blue is opening up the flights past Oct 26, fingers crossed I can get a good deal. I usually do good the first day they go on sale.

Have a great day Everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Sheila: I am waiting too, may book for our November trip if the price is right! Does Jetblue do credits if their fares go down like Airtran?

So DD8 tells me again that the girls in her class are again pointing out to her that the "peach fuzz" on her upper lip is really a moustache. This went on before and it really upset her. I was all again this morning about it, but she said she was "just telling me about it, but really she doesn't care what they say". I hope she is telling the truth. These girls are making me very....
UGH no DOUBLE UGH! Just checked Jetblue for my Oct/Nov dates ... nothing good .... way too expensive!!! Holding out for SW .... my flight there would be $196 but not open yet for Nov. And to think for my trip this last Jan I scored round trip for a total of $225 .... yes you read that right .... ROUND TRIP for $225!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #950
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
So we will be checkining in this evening at Royal Pacific and doing Universal tomorrow....I am packed (as of 20 minutes ago )

On RC related news......we may be making a switch to .....YC Or a mod...I really am trying to make summer reasonable..HRH and I foundthe COOLEST house ever for rent, DH still says no offsite
Happy VACATION pas130!!!!!!

We are outta here! A late Easter trip to NC to shoot some Easter Eggs for us and then to Augusta GA on the way home. Hope I get to see Phil Mickleson!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #951
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
UGH no DOUBLE UGH! Just checked Jetblue for my Oct/Nov dates ... nothing good .... way too expensive!!! Holding out for SW .... my flight there would be $196 but not open yet for Nov. And to think for my trip this last Jan I scored round trip for a total of $225 .... yes you read that right .... ROUND TRIP for $225!!!

I know we paid $220 RT last November ....sigh

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #952
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
I am anxiously awaiting Southwest and Airtran fares too. I miss the days of low airfare. With all these airlines consolidating, there isn't enough competition anymore.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #953
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Busy, busy day here!

Jeannette, have a fabulous vacation!! You know I love you!

Wookie and Miss, Sam's appointments are at the dermatologist (light treatments for psoriasis) thanks for the well wishes&.

Magic, safe travels and & shoot straight!! Hope you get a chance to cozy up with Phil.

And a nod for Autism Awareness day for our Melissa and our Pas...

And another Target customer that obeys the law .... dropped $50 on Saturday and I only went in for a movie?? Of course have to stop for my diet coke (right GG?)

Have to catch up later (or tomorrow) ... will be out tonight.

Hi to all!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #954
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Busy, busy day here!

Jeannette, have a fabulous vacation!! You know I love you!

Wookie and Miss, Sam's appointments are at the dermatologist (light treatments for psoriasis) thanks for the well wishes&.

Magic, safe travels and & shoot straight!! Hope you get a chance to cozy up with Phil.

And a nod for Autism Awareness day for our Melissa and our Pas...

And another Target customer that obeys the law .... dropped $50 on Saturday and I only went in for a movie?? Of course have to stop for my diet coke (right GG?)

Have to catch up later (or tomorrow) ... will be out tonight.

Hi to all!!
Diet Coke!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #955
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Booking Alert!!!

So I've spent the morning playing on the internet. Here's what I have booked:

POP: Oct 20th - Oct 27th - will be changing these dates depending on airfare - BB from when I was there in Jan

OKW: Oct 25-Oct 27th - yes I know I'm double booked

AKV Jambo: Oct 27th - Nov 3rd - this won't change

OKW: Nov 3rd - Nov 7th - decided to leave before the busy weekend

Of course I may need to add on at the end depending on airfare.

And I just checked my ADR date is 200 days .... sounds lucky to me!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #956
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

20 more minutes of lunch so I thought I'd try and get caught up! :-)

We are officially booked now for CR Garden Wing Deluxe room 8/2-8/8! And I booked the Hilton Grand Vacations at Sea World for 7/31-8/2! Yeah!!! So excited!! The summer can't get here soon enough! Now to work on ADRs!! I was going to let my TA do them, but...idk...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #957
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Diet Coke!!!
Oohhh...I could go for a Diet Coke right now...
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 04-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #958
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post

We are officially booked now for CR Garden Wing Deluxe room 8/2-8/8! And I booked the Hilton Grand Vacations at Sea World for 7/31-8/2! Yeah!!! So excited!! The summer can't get here soon enough! Now to work on ADRs!! I was going to let my TA do them, but...idk...
Sounds like fun to me!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #959
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Booking Alert!!!

So I've spent the morning playing on the internet. Here's what I have booked:

POP: Oct 20th - Oct 27th - will be changing these dates depending on airfare - BB from when I was there in Jan

OKW: Oct 25-Oct 27th - yes I know I'm double booked

AKV Jambo: Oct 27th - Nov 3rd - this won't change

OKW: Nov 3rd - Nov 7th - decided to leave before the busy weekend

Of course I may need to add on at the end depending on airfare.

And I just checked my ADR date is 200 days .... sounds lucky to me!!!
Only double booked?? are you okay? Didn't you have 4 in January?

Quote:

Koh, somehow my lunch time stretches when I need my DIS time...

And congrats on securing a Deluxe room!! Don't let this one go!

Quote:
Oohhh...I could go for a Diet Coke right now...
Koh, GG and I are coke fanatics but trying to cut down our intake....

GG, only 2 today!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #960
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Only double booked?? are you okay? Didn't you have 4 in January?

Koh, somehow my lunch time stretches when I need my DIS time...

And congrats on securing a Deluxe room!! Don't let this one go!

Koh, GG and I are coke fanatics but trying to cut down our intake....

GG, only 2 today!

None for me so far .... but the day is still early here on the west coast.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: