Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
brentm77
Earning My Ears

Best time to be picked up after cruise?

We will be on the May 4th Fantasy sailing out of Port Canaveral. We are using a car service to pick us up and return us to the airport. Because we won't fly out until that evening, we have the Hyatt booked for the day. So we aren't in a hurry to return to the airport.

I am trying to find the right time to be picked up. We don't want it so early that we can't get ready, eat breakfast, and disembark without rushing to catch our ride. But, I know they want you off of the ship as a certain time too, so I don't want to be standing at the port waiting for our car. What would you recommend for a pickup time?
brentm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
Cruisefan2
DIS Veteran

You have to be off at 9:30 at the latest and pretty much everything is closed in the morning besides the resteraunt and cabanas. Disembarking takes no more then 30 minutes to grab your bags and clear customs. So really plan when you want to leave, add 30 minutes for disembarking and that will be a good time. Also your breakfast time depends on your dinner seating time so you could be done earlier or later from breakfast.

4 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream 2/17/13
7 night Medderiteranian Cruise on the Magic 7/30/11
7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2/11/06
Cruisefan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
DisneyOrBustColorado
Mouseketeer

We scheduled a pick up time of 9:00 & it seemed perfect. When we left our stateroom for breakfast in Cabanas they asked that we take our luggage with us out of the room so we were glad of the early pick up so that we didn't have to wander around dragging our luggage with us. We ate breakfast & then went through customs. The timing was almost perfect.
This time we paid a porter to help us through customs with our luggage & it was well worth the tip that we gave him. he knew his way around the terminal & it seemed to make things go more quickly & smoothly.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
jgura
Discruiser

Pick up

We just did the same thing. I would recommend 9:00 am. Your room host will want you out of the room really early though with all your belongings.
jgura is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: