Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 10:46 PM   #136
teamadco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarudinski View Post
The only way I know of is to get an itemized print out of your account from guest services on deck 3. The print out is organized by card/person, but they don't give it to you until the end of the cruise unless you request it in person.
Great thanks for the info...I can easily get carried away! :0)
Disney Magic April 2013 Western Caribbean
teamadco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #137
CampCorp
Sailing Away April 16, 2013

Finally!

It's finally April! We're getting super close, I am ready to start packing!
CampCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #138
Kommando K
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarudinski View Post
I think that is a great idea. If there are any room changes for the FE we can announce them there as well.

Julie
Okay--it's getting close and somebody has to say this--let's meet in the Promenade Lounge at 3:00pm? Also--anyone want to link reservations for 2nd seating dinner? We are empty nesters, so anyone else out there interested???
Old 04-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #139
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando K View Post
Okay--it's getting close and somebody has to say this--let's meet in the Promenade Lounge at 3:00pm? Also--anyone want to link reservations for 2nd seating dinner? We are empty nesters, so anyone else out there interested???
Sounds like fun to meet up. I will try to find my way to the Promenade Lounge at 3 then. (First time ever on a ship, so we will be the ones staring at a map completely lost!)

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #140
jarudinski
Mouseketeer

We have early dining so that is not a possibility for us. I am going to be traveling with another group now, their first time sailing so I will be busy showing them around, will head to the lounge at 3 for a meet up though. Hope to see everyone there.

Julie

Disney Wonder Alaska August 10, 2015
Disney Dream Bahamas July 13, 2014
Disney Magic Galvastan Apr 16, 2013
Disney Dream Bahamas Aug 16,2011
Disney Wonder Alaska June 7, 2011
Disney Magic Baltic Cruise 2010
Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 2008
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2007
Disney Magic Eastern Carribbean 2005
Disney Magic Western Carribbean 2004, 2006
jarudinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #141
ForeverTheSmiths
Earning My Ears

dinner

We are on 2nd dining too, but are with our five yr old. He is not the easiest or cleanest dinner guest. But you more than welcome to join us. How do we do that?
ForeverTheSmiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #142
Ksmith1
Earning My Ears

We aren't doing the FE but if anyone on our sailing is planning on goin to Nachi in Cozumel and wanna go together let me know. As someone previously said safety in numbers! It will be myself and my hubby and DS 3, DD 1.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:34 AM   #143
teamadco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksmith1 View Post
We aren't doing the FE but if anyone on our sailing is planning on goin to Nachi in Cozumel and wanna go together let me know. As someone previously said safety in numbers! It will be myself and my hubby and DS 3, DD 1.
It was me who said that so yes please let's go to Nachi together! Plus I think it'd be fun for our kiddos play together too since my DD is 3. It's our first cruise too so not sure where we should meet on Tuesday...suggestions? And anyone else going to Nachi?
Disney Magic April 2013 Western Caribbean
teamadco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:09 AM   #144
Kommando K
Mouseketeer

I just looked at the FE list for our cruise. I think we are the only ones who don't have kids on this. I guess you can call us Grandma and Grandpa. We're JUST old enough, but our kids haven't blessed us with anything but grandkitties!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #145
Ksmith1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamadco

It was me who said that so yes please let's go to Nachi together! Plus I think it'd be fun for our kiddos play together too since my DD is 3. It's our first cruise too so not sure where we should meet on Tuesday...suggestions? And anyone else going to Nachi?
Our first cruise too our PAT is 12:30. We planned on eating lunch when we get on a then maybe we can meet up after that. I wanted to take my son to open house at the kids club, would you want to meet there and maybe the kids could play and get to know each other?
Old 04-04-2013, 07:10 AM   #146
CampCorp
Sailing Away April 16, 2013

Anyone have any experience with the dress code at dinner, it says no shorts but I really didnt plan on packing anything else for my son. What do we need to wear?
CampCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #147
jarudinski
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampCorp View Post
Anyone have any experience with the dress code at dinner, it says no shorts but I really didnt plan on packing anything else for my son. What do we need to wear?
That is a loaded question and people are very passonate about the topic. I am going to answer this as impartial as I can ... so really no one get upset with me =).

You have the strict rule followers that say: If Disney says "no shorts" then they believe you should never wear shorts .. no exceptions.

Then you have the it's my vacation I will do what I want group: That will wear anything they want from very short shorts to bathing suits.

Disney does not deny you dinner seating even if you are not following their guidelines. It seems they are relaxing on the no jeans policy. My husband always wears jeans ... the only exception being formal night (which we don't have on this cruise and Palo's). I have even forgotten and wore jeans on a few occassions (usually the first night or if an excursion ran late).

The dress code for this cruise is basically casual dress. If you don't feel uncomfortable with looks you may get from the strict rule followers, Disney won't say anything. As long as the outfit is appropriate for dinner and again you do not feel uncomfortable easy, then I would say go for it. (I think people judge less harshly for kids).

You find the longer cruises to be more "formal" in their dress and the shorter cruises to be A LOT more casual in their dress.

If the outfit is not offensive, then you again should be ok, afterall no body sees what you are wearing after you are sitting.

It is harder to dress appropriately however when Disney sets standards and then does not adhere to them. I think it just causes confusion and a large range of outfits. I think this is really why people in the strict rule following category really have an issue, without rules and enforcement their is chaos =).

I have girls so this issue is not a problem. The youngest loves dresses and will not wear jeans or shorts without extreme persuasion from me. The oldest who will not admit to it, enjoys dresing up on occasion as well, and the cruises give them a chance to do just that. With that being said I would not go out and buy a new wardrobe for a 4 night cruise either ...

There will usually be someone dressed better and usually someone dressed worsed. So ulimately I think this comes down to what feels right for your family. There is really no easy yes or no answer. Look the topic up on the forums, you will see how heated it can get.

hope this helps some,
Julie

Disney Wonder Alaska August 10, 2015
Disney Dream Bahamas July 13, 2014
Disney Magic Galvastan Apr 16, 2013
Disney Dream Bahamas Aug 16,2011
Disney Wonder Alaska June 7, 2011
Disney Magic Baltic Cruise 2010
Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 2008
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2007
Disney Magic Eastern Carribbean 2005
Disney Magic Western Carribbean 2004, 2006
jarudinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #148
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampCorp View Post
I am planning on just bringing khaki dress pants for my boys to change into before dinner. They are just going to wear them to dinner, so they shouldn't need more then 2 pairs for the 4 nights, IMO. They will wear shorts all day and by dinner, they will need to change out of them because my boys are not exactly neat! I think those and a button down dress shirt are more then appropriate. HTH

Old 04-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #149
ForeverTheSmiths
Earning My Ears

port adventures...yes or no?

I have heard lots about Nachi. What exactly is that? We are signed up for the Fury catamaran and beach trip. Anyone know if it's worth the extra cost?
ForeverTheSmiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #150
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverTheSmiths View Post
I have heard lots about Nachi. What exactly is that? We are signed up for the Fury catamaran and beach trip. Anyone know if it's worth the extra cost?
We are too!!! (The Fury, I mean.) If I remember correctly, you have a 5 year old son, right? If so, I would be so excited. I have twin 5 year olds and I would love for them to have a friend on the beach and on the boat!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: