Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
anjuan
Earning My Ears

Aquatica- Roa's Island Loungers

I was thinking about booking a cabana at Aquatica for Easter, but the cheapest one is $200 and there will only be 2 of us. The Roa's Island Loungers are $34 for 2. Has anyone booked these before and do you think they are worth it? We are doing Chef Mickey's for early breakfast so we won't get there until around 11am. I thought this way at least I would know I would have an umbrella. I burn really easy and just want at least a little shade that I can retreat to for part of the day. Plus they include towels and a locker.

They just dont have a good picture so I am not sure what I am getting.

Thanks!

Disney Fantasy- March 2013
anjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
folgersnyourcup
Earning My Ears

My girlfriend and I did this last year and really enjoyed the loungers. They are in a nice location that was very quiet and relaxing (you have to walk a bit down a path to get to them). This was Mid-May 2012.

We got there right as the park opened and the attendant (very friendly) asked us if we wanted a lot of sun, a medium amount of sun, or a low amount of sun, and pointed out different areas that she felt got more than others during the day.

Regardless, each pair of loungers has an umbrella so you are able to be in the shade.

I found the price to be fantastic compared to the cabana price and I will never do Aquatica without doing at least these loungers. It just made the experience much more relaxing.

On a busier day than we went, I imagine the lounger area would get a bit noisier, but honestly I wouldn't think by much. This is because it is off the beaten path and a bit away from the main high traffic areas. Also, it seemed people came back to their loungers to nap, not to party. We took advantage of this and napped for about 45 minutes late in the day.

We enjoyed having a locker included to come back to as well.

So anyway, in conclusion I felt it was definitely worth it. I hope this helps!
folgersnyourcup is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
junior2431
Earning My Ears

How does the Roa's Island Loungers work if there are 3 of you?
junior2431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #4
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior2431 View Post
How does the Roa's Island Loungers work if there are 3 of you?
Then you must reserve two sets of loungers.

From the website:

http://commerce.4adventure.com/estor...utmk=169957152

Aquatica Orlando Roa's Island Loungers

Reserve a shaded area at Aquatica today. Enjoy your very own lounger and umbrella while relaxing on an exclusive island located in the middle of Roa's Rapids. Price includes two (2) loungers, one shade umbrella, and complimentary beach towels and locker. Two guests per reservation; additional guests must purchase additional loungers.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: